main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    He appears in the new Aftermath book I believe, as a street entertainer in Theed. Apparently he's been vilified for his part in the rise of the Empire.

There might be more, but that's all that was in the excerpt I read.

Alienware likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    "his part in the rise of the Empire"?! The proposal of powers to use a clone army? It's sad that fan misconceptions are once again returning to the EU.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Essentially, the implication is that Jar Jar lives out his life as a "clown"

4. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

I dont know, i think it´s a pretty decent edition to the new canon. Someone is always going to be the scapegoat. Jar Jar gets ostracized and he doesnt let it faze him, instead trying to cheer up the only ones who won't immediately ignore him. I think thats quite admirable, and who knows, Jar Jar may (hopefully) someday get a happy ending.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What does Anakin mean when he says "This whole operation was your idea."?

6. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    He probably means that Obi-Wan was the one who planned their mission strategy, to fly into the hangar in 1-man fighters to rescue the chancellor.

B99 likes this.
  7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Right, Obi-Wan planned and was leading the mission to rescue the Chancellor.

B99 likes this.
  8. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Exactly, Anakin was just confused as to why Obi-Wan wasn't basking in the glory when this whole thing was HIS idea to begin with.

9. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Fullest list you guys can think of of Jedi who turned to the dark side during the Clone Wars/ as part of the beginning or end of Clone Wars (Legends and Canon)...

Off top I can think of

Count Dooku
    Sifo Dyas
    Krell
    Ventress
    Quinlan Vos
    Anakin

Sound right?

-T

10. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't think Sifo Diyas turned dark, he was just killed by Dooku who took his identity.

Tanjint likes this.
  11. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015

Ahh, yeah I was always confused by the twists and turns of his story as the Clone Wars show gradually revealed it.

Thanks!

-T

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012
    The Databank still states that Sifo-Dyas placed the actual order for the clones, before his murder by Dooku.

13. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    I want to make sure I'm interpreting this right: For the 1000 years leading up to the events of TPM, the Jedi assumed the Force was in balance, right? With their belief that the Sith were extinct, did they feel there was no need for restoration by any Chosen One?
    (Mace & Ki-Adi-Mundi seem incredulous towards Qui-Gon's assertion that he has found the prophesied One; is this why?)

And it's only through the confirmed appearance of the Sith that the Council decides to take seriously the possibility that the Force is out of balance, and thus accept Anakin into the Order in the possibility that he could be the one to correct this imbalance?

Or was their consensus that the Force was out of balance before Qui-Gon found Anakin?

Huttese 101 likes this.
  14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The Force was relatively in balance during the events of TPM. But throughout the PT, as the Sith make bigger moves and create turmoil throughout the galaxy, the dark side grows, the Jedi abilities are ampered, and balance starts to break.

They seem incredulous that the Sith could still exist and have returned. Not that Qui-Gon has found the chosen one (although it's still up to debate).

It probably played a factor, since the destruction of the Sith and balance of the Force are tied together. The existence of the Sith in and on itself doesn't bring the Force out of balance. Their actions do, and it's only a matter of time until it happens.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  15. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Just a thought watching the beginning of Revenge of the Sith again, but when the Separatists ship Obi-Wan, Anakin and Palpatine are on, how come they all lose their footing when the ship nosedives towards Coruscant's surface?

Surely the artificial gravity should be attracting them to the floors no matter which plane or angle the ship is facing? It seems completely odd!

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey, DarthBeagle. While an interesting question, doesn't necessarily warrant its own thread. Moving to the general inquiries/stickied questions thread.

DarthBeagle likes this.
  17. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    Did Dooku changed the archives before he left the order (10 years before ATOC) to hide the location of Kamino. Or was someone else helping him?

18. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I always believed Windu's (and even Yoda's) incredulity implied that the prophecy of the Chosen One was out-of-fashion or at the very least disputed by the events of TPM. It was probably very old, so maybe it was archaic or even discredited. And I believe the tell was Yoda and Windu's surprise when Qui-Gon reported he believed he found a "vergence in the Force," which is vague and archaic-sounding in itself. And remember, Qui-Gon was always a renegade and the Council never totally trusted him, so I'm sure that was part of the disbelief. But after the Council tested Anakin's Force potential and discovered the Sith indeed still existed, they seemed to reluctantly accept the prophecy as true. But the Council apparently had misgivings about the prophecy and Qui-Gon's interpretation that Anakin was the Chosen One up until RotS: "a prophecy that misread, could have been."

So my assumption is that a) the Jedi disputed or simply disregarded "the Chosen One" as a possibility, or perhaps weren't inclined to such a literal reading of the prophecy, therefore they weren't (or at least the mainstream Jedi weren't) expecting the imminent coming of the Chosen One as some kind of messianic figure. And b) the Jedi must have believed the Force was "in balance" before TPM because they didn't suspect the Sith could actually still be around, or rather, a "balanced" Force had been the status quo for so long, it was a non-issue for the Jedi. They didn't talk about it. Of course, I do see a third possibility: the Jedi felt the Force wasn't exactly in balance because the balance had been very slowly shifting for some time before TPM, but not enough to be heavily in the Sith's favor until they revealed themselves to the Jedi. But anyway, I think I agree with your interpretation.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  19. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Okedoke!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Not really since the ship had just been fired upon and whatever gravity generator/stabilizer the ship had was damaged. That's why it nosedives instead of simply floating around.

Yes.

21. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    In the commentary, they note that they are in the upper levels of the atmosphere, not all the way out in space. iirc

22. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    Did Palpatine have a vice/deputy chancellor?

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Mas Amedda?

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  25. Padema

Mar 11, 2007
    Thank you.

Another question, I think I recall reading (maybe in a Star Wars Fanfiction) that one of the Jedi Masters on the council was allowed to marry. Which one was that and why was an exception made for him?