main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Anthology Film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rax, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    What are your thoughts on a Yoda movie? Yoda is over 900 years old and personally I'd love to see some of Yoda in his earlier life, far before the first movie. We do not really have any adventures told about Yoda compared to how long his life actually is (Talking canon). Would this be interesting to watch? Looking at the fact that Yoda are one of the characters we can actually make a movie about, this seems like a good idea to me (Due to aging of actors, I mean look at christopher lee turning 100 soon).

Funbox and Rou-eru like this.
  2. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Handle his backwards speak for two hours, I cannot.

3. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Find it pretty cool, I do.

4. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Probably best left to novels, in my opinion. I want a Yoda back-story either way. I think Yoda's story is one you can't afford to mess up.

Commander Wolffe and KINGKONG83 like this.
  5. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    They could make up a native language for him and have the whole movie with subtitles.

He could wear a knitted sweater and it would be like one of those Scandinavian cop dramas.

I'd watch that.

Poor Greedo and danmcken like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe Yoda stared out life mute unable to speak and therefore when he learned to speak every word takes great effort resulting in backwards speech.

In all seriousness I would like a Yoda movie, if TCW can make a 4 episode long arc focusing on Yoda surely a movie can do the same.

7. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I'd like to know more about Yoda's CANON backstory, I really want a movie though instead of a novel :/

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd love a movie in which Yoda plays a big part - like 500 years or so before the saga. I don't want a "backstory" as such though - I don't want to know what species he is, or where he comes from. And I don't know if he'd be great as the lead.

Dewback and danmcken like this.
  9. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Oops, didn't mean to say backstory. I ment like his early days as a master in the jedi order. Like a couple of hundred years back maybe? He goes on some missions? Idk

10. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    It could be very interesting. It could narrate his origins and his youth.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I do. That's been kept under wraps for years - would be nice to see it finally revealed.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The thing is - how can they reveal Yoda's species without it being anticlimactic?
    I prefer the mystery.

13. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    No. Yoda is an enigmatic wizard. Enigmatic wizards shouldn't be protagonists. Because as soon as they do, they are no longer enigmatic.

14. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Couldn't agree more you summed it up perfectly , i still think Yoda shouldnt have drawn his lightsaber until ROTS

Funbox and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  15. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    This^^ the mystery abt his origins is a big part of the appeal of the Yoda character..
    regarding the speak I remember watching an old behind the scenes on Empire .and they said the reason he spoke that way was that hes so old that he speaks very formally like they did in ages past.. interesting point I tought

16. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

I agree on having a novel would also be very cool, but a film would really surprise me and bring more strong reactions to some people. In my opinion I wouldn't want this to contain for example his species I think that should be kept a mystery. I'm not really hungry for his origins, just his earlier life, training, the time when he wasn't a master and a wise person. If we could have a Yoda film showing much of his skill with a light saber that would be really cool.

17. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    I'd love to read it, but not see it. I'd love for it to be a trilogy, or a sextet. There's so much you could fit into his millennia life time.

18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd want the Yoda spin-off film to focus all 2 hours on him building that hut in the middle of the Dagobah swamp. But that's just me.

KINGKONG83 and danmcken like this.
  19. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

How did he even do that, it seemed to be made out of dirt or something...Not that I want it in a movie.

Import_Jedi likes this.
  20. Ehpik

Ehpik Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2013
    The Force. Lol.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    What stories would you want from Yoda, people? He lives a huge life.

22. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    It would indeed be interesting to see Yoda in his younger years, when he was just a Jedi Knight or even just a padawan. His background is very mysterious.
    For example, who was Yoda's master? How did he end up becoming Grand Master of the Order? Questions like that could be answered in a movie.

What about a Yoda-movie that is set between Revenge of the Sith and The Empire Strikes Back?
    Did our little green friend stay on Dagobah for 22 years? Who knows...

23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

"Who was yodas master"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/N'Kata_Del_Gormo

This is not canon though but I hope if such a Yoda film was made I'd want this guy to be the master. It seems like a story actually fit for a movie if you ask me, and as I said I still don't want this movie to cover what his species are and stuff. Just his introduction to a jedi.

"Did our little green friend stay on Dagobah for 22 years?"

I believe I referred to that earlier, what if he actually returned to some other planet because he had still some unfinished business? Like for example 6 years in dagobah he meets up with some rebels, or even obi-wan or maybe other surviving jedi? This would also be awesome, but if I had to choose between this movie idea and the other stated above. I'd choose the one above mainly because a 22 year timespan is a lot less than a couple of hundreds of years.

24. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks for the link! For a moment, it seemed to me like that guy was a Thisspiasian (Oppo Rancisis' species), but it says that he is a Hysalrian.

Indeed, I would prefer a movie about Yoda that takes place before the Saga.
    We already know Yoda as an old guy, a spin-off would be a great opportunity to show him as a younger Jedi.

25. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Should a young Yoda look like this?

[​IMG]

or this?

[​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.