main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JCC Awards 2017 (Voting closed!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wat in de gebeente gegroeid is, wil uit het vlees niet.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wocky actually kinda helped me for a bit through my tough time back in 2015. I...reached out to him for some reason or other. He had some great insightful things to say to me. He's a dork, like me, but I really think he means well sometimes.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I was pretty certain that everyone was just trolling/needling him, and didn't actually mean any of the things they were saying.

Now, with a much more widespread response, I'm not so sure.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Time will tell. Regardless, people feel how they feel. These are important issues and I'm happy that the community tries to be thoughtful. Every sincere thought is one worth valuing. I especially appreciate the kind words you two have offered just now as well.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

As I said, I like Wocky. But his treatment of Rachel is baffling to me, coming from an otherwise good guy. It's disappointing, that's all.

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    at least one of us is.

but i am really humbled and grateful to all the rest of you. things have been truly difficult for me this year, and my sense of identity washed away until there was...nothing there. it became a hole of despair, lacking definition. i've been fighting like hell to regain that certainty of self (as well as being assertive enough to fight for it when things like this happen) and as of late, i've been succeeding. this support from all of you... i don't know how to describe the sense of security it gives me. and i know this support isn't just for me, so i hope whoever else needs that security feels it too. because it makes all the difference in the world.

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Jabba-wocky

I think it's remarkable that you haven't once addressed hudzu by name. In fact, you seem to be going out of your way not to do so, since the closest you've gotten is "that individual" even after a star war called you on it. You even said "a private messaging system was utilized" instead of saying "I privately messaged her/hudzu" as most people would do.

I can't speak for hudzu, but if someone's public apology to me didn't even acknowledge me, I would find it dehumanizing. You are probably doing your typical obfuscation, but this is a subject in which you want to be as clear as possible.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I have no reservations about saying hudzu's name. I am also circumlocuting, as most everyone has noticed. This is being done directly out of deference to hudzu. I'm not trying to be opaque but a longer dissertation on my own conceptualization and approach seemed/seems beside the point. While that invites certain misunderstandings to the general reader, specific clarification to the relevant parties has previously been offered. What otherwise occurs is less important and this arguably allows for maintaining a more appropriate focus.

I honestly do not feel that what you raise is the actual point of contention. In case it is, though: hudzu I regret not being conscientious enough to adjust my language earlier.

As ever, please let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to address.

9. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    i'd like you to address me using my real name and proper pronouns.

Juliet316 , siha, solojones and 7 others like this.
  10. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Your besties got your back.
    I feared you might not want all this attention so it's good to know you experience it as support.

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Bonus points if you report falling asleep in the middle.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No surprise that Jabba-wocky, first of his production line, is acting this way. Empathy is not in his DNA (Digital Nuance Architecture)

But someone needs to update the tech so he can actually acknowledge hudzu is a human being.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ahhh now I'm caught up. Jesus **** Wocky. Really?

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Just call her Rachel. What's so hard about that?

Juliet316 and solojones like this.
  15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wocky doesn't call people by their real names. It's either your JCC name or the weird nickname he's come up with. He's never called me Sean despite repeatedly asking, and he'll never call anyone here by their real name.

CT-867-5309 and jp-30 like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It took me a very long time to realize that AG Obama is Tracy (I think).

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be correct. And I'm cool with him calling me AG Obama. It will be great having the nickname as a memory of a great President as we are all dealing with the crash and burn and white supremacy of the next few years.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Wocky Prime.

Healer_Leona and Diggy like this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

Mhm. **** are they even thinking or smoking, man.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It probably seemed like a good idea at time, a bit of a lark. Like voting for Trump in the primaries.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I cannot conceive how in this or any alternate reality voting from Trump could possibly be a good idea...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Seems appropriate to post this.

The creator may wish to reveal himself.

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I can only speak my feels on this thread through gifs

[​IMG]

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Dumbledore channeling his inner Travolta.

Diggy and SuperWatto like this.
  25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sexually assaulting a masseuer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.