main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Incredible trailer. Carnotaurus confirmed and it looks fantastic, so does Rexy. The CGI is a massive improvement over Jurassic World.

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    So is there more to this movie other than a volcano on Isla Nublar? Otherwise pretty much showed everything. Roll credits.

3. Darth Bary

Darth Bary Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 21, 2016
    I'm a huge jurassic park fan. The original film might be my favorite movie. I liked JW at first, but its definitely gotten a lot worse for me on re-watch.....

But yeah, this trailer seems pretty solid. The cgi is a massive step up over JW, and its a big plus to finally see a Carnotaurus (hopefully getting stomped all over by rexy isn't its only appearance, and I doubt it will be). Also, finally seeing the Baryonyx, which happens to be my favorite dinosaur (hence my username). Still pretty cautious about this film though-lets just hope the dialogue improves over JW.

BTW, Guidman, i've been following plot leaks on this movie, and judging by those, there's a lot more to this than just Nublar.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2003
    Yup, the twist is is that the dinosaurs are actually immune to boiling hot lava.

Guidman likes this.
  5. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Are Tommy Lee Jones or Pierce Brosnan in this movie?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's 1997 all over again: two of the 1997 movies with dogs escaping danger (one successfully and one unsuccessfully) now merge into one movie. It even visually looks like TLW (which is a really damn good thing, IMO).

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This looks fantastic!
    I love Jurassic Park and The Lost World, and I think this looks a lot like what Jurassic Park 3 should have been. Something new and interesting.
    Jurassic Park 3, I think, is almost unwatchable. Jurassic World was a step up from that, but still a quite bland movie.

This looks to be the most epic Jurassic to date, so it being the first movie in the series that's shot in widescreen seems appropriate. The cinematography looks very good, unlike JW, which looked like a mess. The CGI is better than last time around, and the animatronics look impressive. The colour grading could be more inspired, but that goes for 90% of all movies these days.
    Most importantly, Dr. Malcolm returns! I do hope he has a bigger role in the film than the trailer suggests, since he was always the most interesting character in the series.

There are still things I worry about, though. Henry Wu is back, so that might be a sign that they're continuing the stupid "let's weaponize the dinos" storyline from JW. Treverrow is still heavily involved in the production, so I'm sure we'll see more "This-is-not-even-pretending-to-be-a-real-dinosaurus Rex", which is a bummer.

EHT likes this.
  8. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    OK Trailer looks great looking forward to this!

I think I read somewhere Malcolm still only has a smaller paart, so thinkmaybe this court(?) scene may be it.

Ont thing though...

Why is Rexy playing the superhero? The team get ambushed by the carnotaur, bt hey, T Rex is there again to save the day - pretty sure in RL there would no reason the T Rex would do that

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

There's a scene where you see the dinos being brought onto a boat, I believe some of them make it to mainland we could be in for a scene like Rexy in San Diego from The Lost World...

10. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I wanted a more suspense/horror filled sequel akin to jaws and the first JP......This looks like another fast and the furious style romp.

Also I wonder if they will say anything about Isla Sorna and the five deaths.....obviously Nublar blowing up would still be an event but I hope they don't retcon or make up an excuse for why those other islands don't have dinos on them anymore so that they can hype up Nublars destruction.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'd just like to point out that this line is said in the new trailer. :p

Anyway, the trailer looks good... it has me quite a bit more optimistic about this movie than I was. The connections back to the "life finds a way" theme from the first movie are cool; will it find a way on its own? Do we owe them our help since they exist now on that island because of us? Also, really like that "weaponized dinosaurs" appears to be an idea that had its time in the last movie and is not being revisited here, as far as we can tell anyway. This plot seems like the best path forward option after the last movie.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Colin directing??

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't want post at the normal JCC obnoxious level, I want to turn it up to 11!

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I just hope they have a few more ideas than : human about to be eaten by dinosaur that gets eaten by another dinosaur .

15. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
    No, J. A. Bayona: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1291105/

Colin Trevorrow serves as a writer and executive producer.

There's always a bigger fish ;)

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I believe the idea behind saving the Dinosaurs Is Conservation which Is a very Liberal Idea of thinking that I get Into!

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Conservation of a collection of introduced species isn't exactly the smartest idea.

Diggy and Guidman like this.
  18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    REALLY LOVE IT OMG.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Conservation Doesn't have prejudice based on who created what In the JP/JW canon Dinosaurs are Animals that exist on earth regardless of the way they got on Earth...

but also The original idea or intent of Spielberg/ Michael Crichton was that sometimes a really bad Idea like Opening a Park like in the First one, Going to Observe the dinos or taking them to San Diego like in the second one, Opening up a Dino Disney World like in JW or Taking a bunch of Dinos off Island for Conservation purposes in the end there all bad ideas that are all at the heart of the JP Series. Also the good guys are doing the conservation what are the bad guys doing maybe Stealing Embryos For Military purposes or other purposes.

one thing that bugs me Is all the people coming out of the woodwork saying how much they hate the first JW, when it first came out most people I talked to weather it was on here or not but most people I talked to back in 2015 loved JW I still absolutely love The first JW!

20. JABoomer

Oct 23, 2009
    I think they would have to consider the original native species on the island. The dinosaurs would have wiped out the indigenous species that lived on the island in say 1990. Do you support the original inhabitants or the new ones?

In the real world, there's a national park in Canada where a rogue raccoon is being actively hunted right now because it is considered a non-native and invasive species to the park.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Some How Hammond did this In secret possibly without Government help hence the Blood Sucking Lawyer Donald Gennaro! I care about all Animals Including stupid misguided humans:p After all we are Primates...

22. JABoomer

Oct 23, 2009
    A lot of conservation is about preserving eco-systems and not individual species or animals. That's why the raccoon can't stay in the national park that is not part of its natural range. That's why the government tries to kill Chinese fish that have been introduced to the Great Lakes. The fish were un-naturally introduced and will eventually destroy all other fish in the Great Lakes because they are larger and more aggressive but they're not meant to be there.

Of course the government portrayed in the film will come to the conclusion that the dinosaurs should be saved. But it's not unexpected that they would debate it. Because the dinosaurs are unquestionably invasive species, but also because why would a government body come to a quick, common-sense decision when they could make the parties involved jump through all the required bureaucratic hoops!

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  23. JABoomer

Oct 23, 2009
    Agreed. Keep hearing rumors about the "Indoraptor", let's hope it doesn't happen!

24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord 26X Wacky Wednesday/23x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 2, 2012

Hammond raises a similar point in JP1 - Malcolm takes the countering view that because humans didn't wipe them out, they shouldn't be brought back- possibly succumbing to the Appeal To Nature fallacy in the process:

Hammond: Condors! Condors are on the verge of extinction. If I was to create a flock of condors on this island, you wouldn't have anything to say!
    Malcolm: No hold on, this is not some species that was obliterated by deforestation, or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs, uh, had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm looking forward to his full statement, since he seems to be arguing for the dino's rescue, which shows a change of position from TLW's "Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea, in the long, sad history of bad ideas."

Hopefully they're just saving it for JP6/JW3- or the Sorna conservation is the destination for the rescued Nublar dinos.

We now go live to the hunt, already in progress:

Gamiel and JABoomer like this.