main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Late Night Shows

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jan 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I'm a big fan of late night shows. Lately I've been so tired I've missed a number of them. But when I do stay up to watch them, my favorites would have to be Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher, Late Night with Conan O'Brian, The David Letterman Show, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Are there any fans of these shows. My two favorites would have to be The Daily Show and Late Night. But my absolute favorite is The Daily Show. Its the shortest of the Late Night shows, but it still delivers the laughs. And Jon Stewart is funny as hell. He cracks me up every time. He has the best sense of humor. [face_laugh]

With that said, do you like Late Night Shows, which ones do you watch, who's your favorite late night talk host, and what's your favorite late night show?

2. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Letterman and Conan are the best. They're shows are the most original and they do the best interviews. Leno just isn't funny and Kilborn really doesn't deserve his own show. I like the Daily Show, too, but I just never watch it. I went to a taping last year and got a Daily Show stress ball. I think that was the last time I saw an episode.

Amazing.

3. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    Conan is the ****in' man.

I never miss the show.

4. Mike_Mothma

Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    Conan is the king of Late Night! The Daily Show is also great because of the many commentators that appear. I wish I could remember all of their names right now. I like the Tonight Show, even though Jay's humor is cheesy and predictable. Letterman is an icon, but he's not as funny as he used to be in his younger days. I never watch Kilborn, and when I do, his show isn't funny. I never liked him on Daily Show either- Stewart is by far better (not as arrogant).

I also like Politically Incorrect, because of the variety of guests and interesting political topics. Maher can be a bit blunt, but he says what he feels. He truly exercises free speech, and I admire him for that.

5. YoMama_the_Hutt

YoMama_the_Hutt Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Anybody who has recurring characters like a masterbating bear, a robot on the toilet, and a robot pimp deserves not only to have a late night TV show, they should run the entire network! Conan rules!

6. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I try to tape Conan every night.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    one wind to blow them all!

7. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Letterman's my favorite.
    Conan's good and its funny that he was chosen to take Letterman's old show 'cause the stuff he does is reminiscent of the Letterman school of Late Night.

8. Mike_Mothma

Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2001
    Yomama the Hut: you forgot to mention Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog!!

9. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I can't believe you guys. [face_shocked]

CRAIG KILBORN is the best.

To tell the truth, I never used to like him. I was of the Conan school of late night, but then I started watching, and I love the Late Late Show way better than any of the others.

The reason is I like the production value of his show. I like his weird sense of humor. I love bits like "That was, Craig being an insensitive career planner." It's just off the wall weird, but not goofy like Conan. Craig is a little more arrogant, and I think his show appeals to more the GQ crowd than any of the other late night shows. PLUS, NO annoying banter between Craig and the band leader, cuz he doesn't have one.

That said, I must say Craig Kilborn is CBS's hidden gem.

10. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    Oh, and I forgot three more things that make the Late Late Show great.
    • In The News

• 5 Questions

• and finally
    • YAMBO

Also things like the "Countdown to Dido" makes feel like your a part of the show. You feel involved, if that makes sense.

11. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I find Kilborne's arrogance a little creepy at times. He annonces himself at the beginning of the show! "And now ladies and gentlemen....me!"

Conan's characters are hystercil. Like the boyband Dudez-A-Plenti, or Raymond the hemeroid helper, or Cameltoe Annie [face_laugh]

12. YoMama_the_Hutt

YoMama_the_Hutt Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    My all time favorite Conan bit (aside from triumph, of course) was when he went to the GI Joe factory and make himself into an action figure... how cool would that be?

13. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    I don't know if anything tops "In the Year 2000: The Mr. T Edition."

;)

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but did anyone see the SNL episode that Conan hosted in last season? The skit where Conan plays the super hero Moleculo, the Molecular Man. That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. [face_laugh]

We need to get Jon Stewart to host SNL :D

15. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    "In the year 2000!......."

Conan rules.

And you think the others are funny when they have animal trainers come on, Conan kills when that happens.

16. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    "I pity Kabul!!!!!!"

Conan and Leno

in that order

17. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    I usually spend the late night playing video games :(

18. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    The only good thing about Kilborn is his Dance, Dance, Dance bit.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.