Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I was not expecting the Sixers to somehow salvage their pit of a season by snapping the Heat's league dominance... but, I will say I am pleasantly surprised that they managed to give Miami such a workout.
  2. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Man the refs are missing a ton of crap in this game. :mad:
  3. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Grizzlies over the Clippers. Next game is against a red hot Denver team. We need that one as well.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  4. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    realgm has a poll: Should the Magic retire the number of Dwight Howard?

20.4% of people live in bizarro land
  5. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    If only to purge their memory of him...
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...geles-lakers-indefinitely-severe-ankle-sprain

I had taped this game in faint hopes of watching it, since I was out at a birthday dinner last night in a restaurant plastered with television sets.... within 40 seconds of walking in, I couldn't help but notice the progress of the game. Quite an interesting experience to have half of our dinner table looking up at the television, then checking our phones in a rush for the latest real time updates on his ankle sprain, and then pondering what it means for the Lakers playoff chances.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 14, 2013
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    I hope Dwight is telling him to play through the pain.
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    only one comment on that play. intentional my ***. sucks for lakers fans, but seriously?
  9. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    It may not be, but that doesn't really matter.
  10. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Ya Kobe is out of control on this one. A foul ya but quit the pity talk and revenge talk.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  12. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls
    Bulls announced today that Mon's game vs. DEN is moving from CSN-plus to the main station. I'm sure fans can imagine a possible reason why.

Hmm...
  13. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Denver to defeat Miami in the NBA finals this year. Inty to get a Nuggets tattoo afterwards
    DarthTunick and xblackout like this.
  14. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
  15. xblackout Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    I'm holding you to this.
    DarthTunick and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Kobe gave it a try, went 0-4 from the field in the first quarter, and didn't play for the remainder of the game (though he did stay on the bench, and played the part of assistant coach for a lot of the game), but it didn't matter: the Lakers still managed a rather niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice road win in Indy, with Blake (18 points), Jamison (17 points), MWP (19 points), Nash (9 assists, 15 points) & Dwight (20 & 12 with 4 blocks) carrying the team (the team going 13-26 on 3-point shooting was also very impressive). The first quarter (19-16 in favor of Indiana) was one of the worst I'd seen in awhile, but the pace of the game picked up (even with the shot clock issues that plagued the end of the 1st half) after that. With the team locked in the 8th seed for now, and only 2 games behind Golden State (with 2 more games coming up against them before this season ends), it's a far cry from how things were back in December & January. Of course, while watching this game, I couldn't help but to think of the upcoming basketball Madness that will soon take over the country, since the NCAA is headquarted in Indianapolis. :p

[IMG]

It's a great record for the Lakers to have, especially since the streak hasn't been matched in any pro sport in North America since 1972. The Heat (21 wins in a row now) are getting close...
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 16, 2013
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    76ers just finished the beatdown the Lakers began on the Pacers. "Best defense in the east"...? Tell that to our entire starting 5 having doubles. Jrue dropped 29. Great game.

Armen, that pic is solid. That was a great team. The greatness generates from the guy seated 3rd from the right whose Phila jersey I am currently wearing. Wilt is the only player whose number is retired for both our teams.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    2 NBA observations for today:

1) Why aren't the Boston Celtics playing today? Shouldn't they be?

2) There better not be any green shoes worn by any Laker player tonight.
  19. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I'm just glad there has been actual progress toward resolving it. as long as he doesn't just walk at the end of the season, this may have all been worth it. Including the surgery. We just finished off the TrailBlazers and it got me thinking that I now believe our team was dying in the standings due to not having a clue what their lineup was supposed to look like. As soon as it became clear that Bynum wasn't playing this season, all of a sudden we are a win-machine. Minimal 30 assists per game, all 5 starters in doubles each game. I really think they may have been dragging their feet, thinking that they just needed to stall until Bynum got in, and then, 2 weeks ago just said screw it and decided to form a lineup without him. The only game we have lost in the last 5 was against the Heat... and we honestly almost beat them. 98-94 against Miami isn't terrible, considering the Heat's current streak.
  21. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Heat win again 105 - 103. Pretty impressive comeback.
  22. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I really just hope Boston gets the 8 seed.
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Mar 18, 2013
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    That Heat/Celtics game yesterday was a prime example of lose-lose situation for me: The Heat's winning streak continuing is making me a bit nervous about the Lakers all time record being in jeopardy, but I wouldn't have enjoyed Boston being the team to have broken the streak.

Amen, Bob Ryan! Sure, the dunk was ok, a nice play (like DeAndre Jordan's infamous dunk on Brandon Knight), but too damn much was made of it. A lot of the reason as to why I can't stand the other L.A. professional basketball team is for their insufferable nicknames of 'Lob City' and 'Lob Angeles'... dunks like are ok every now & then, but get boring after awhile. Give me a dunk that actually seals a game/changes the momentum late in a game over any of these "spectacular" dunks.

A niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice beginning to me & my buddy's planned evening of celebrating St. Patrick's Day*. Nash going 19 & 12 (assists), Metta going 10-13 from the field, and Dwight nabbing 17 boards was good to see, but the highlights of the night were the play of Jamison (27 points) & Steve Blake (16 points, 8 assists), in particular their 3-point shooting (5 for Jamison, 4 for Blake). Even if these Kings become the new incarnation of the Seattle Supersonics, their likely to still be quite a mess next season, even with niiiiiice talent (Isaiah Thomas, Evans, and Cousins) on the team.

*Despite that, there simply were too many green shirts/green colored clothes among the Staples Center crowd. Sure, there's nothing wrong with celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but a little more sense of the rivalry with the Celtics would have been appreciated. Not even Jack was immune from this:

[IMG] :p

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/stor...fatigued-reserves-restless-tail-end-back-back

Last night's viewing experience went in the opposite direction... other than Phoenix's great looking throwback uni's & the Lakers wearing the home yellow's on the road, it was quite the disappointing & ultimately forgettable night. Does D'Antoni deserve some blame here? Yes & No. Yes, since the Lakers had yet to sweep a set of back-to-back games this season, and the age issue on this team is a known factor going against them in certain situations. No, since many of the players sitting there on the bench (Sacre, Morris) were part of the problem earlier this season, while the other two (Duhon, Ebanks), while effective role players (maybe), still could have played lacklusterly last night anyway.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    big win for the nuggets in okc. i really hope these teams meet again in the playoffs.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Yeah, I am growing fond of their rivalry.