main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which remaining playoff team do you want to win the NBA Finals?

1. Boston Celtics

6.3%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

6.3%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Indiana Pacers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Minnesota Timberwolves

43.8%
  7. New York Knicks

25.0%
  8. Oklahoma City Thunder

6.3%
  9. Meteor

12.5%
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Indiana is in great shape for the future. They have everyone except Glenn Robinson (no biggie) accounted for next year but they're still like $10 million under the cap, plus they can shed an extra ~$28 million in partially guaranteed contracts if they wanted to go after someone this summer. They could save even more money if they stretched some of those contracts. They probably won't go that route because it would involve cutting players like Bogdanovic, Collison and Jefferson, plus declining Stephenson. That would leave a lot of holes to be filled with minimum salaries and exceptions in a weak market. They have even more flexibility in 19-20, with basically only Oladipo signed. They'll have to take care of Turner, but they'll have the space for someone like Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard if they're available.

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    The playoffs will show how much Kyrie is missed in Cleveland. Kyrie had the ability to take over games and break down defenses, and commanded defenses to account for him. Kryie was a huge part in bringing the Cavs back from being down 1-3 to the Warriors in the NBA Finals a couple of years ago. IT was suppose to be the player to fill that role in the absence of Kyrie. So, LeBron will have to do all the heavy lifting as it doesn't appear (from my limited viewing experience of the Cavs since the trade deadline) there isn't another player on the Cavs that can consistently create his own shot or cause the defense to collapse when driving to the hoop. But, credit has to be given to the Pacers as well. They've been playing very well over the course of the season and Oladipo has risen to the occasion.

Although the Rockets won, they struggled in the closing minutes against the T-Wolves. The T-Wolves needs to take advantage of the matchups when Towns is guarded by a guard on defensive switches. I certainly want the T-Wolves to push the Rockets.

I thought the Jazz might have given the Thunder better competition considering they were one of the hottest teams since the All Star break. I think the Jazz will steal game 2.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Off to Game 2.

The 76ers announced that tonight will feature a memorial to the great Hal Greer, who passed over the weekend. The Heat do not stand a chance. :p

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm interested to see how Cleveland responds in game 2. The way they played the first quarter/half of that game - really, everything except the end of the third quarter and maybe the first bit of the fourth - should be an embarrassment to everyone on that roster. I'm not sure if Lue is going to make a lineup change (I would, I think Nance should be starting), but the individuals playing need to respond more than anything tactical Lue can do.

Hood, Hill, Clarkson need to make shots. Period. But they also need to do the small things. Stay with their man on defense. Give a hustle play to prevent a fast break. Fight for an offensive rebound.

if the team comes out flat on Tuesday, it'll be a telltale sign. They might be able to survive on Lebron and Kevin and advance past Indiana, but they'll get beaten by a hungry and motivated-for-revenge Toronto team if they aren't going to have the heart and desire. But, if they respond and dominate and do the small things they need to do? Confidence can be restored quickly.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think this is the first time since LeBron's first tour with Cleveland that he has entered the playoffs without a legit All Star on the court with him.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    kevin love has made the all-star team 5 times so i'm not sure what it takes to make someone "legit". i get your meaning though, which is that he doesn't have that second all star who can really create for himself and teammates like wade or kyrie.

7. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    They should go after this great guy, who's a free agent this summer. His name is Paul George.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Kevin Love might be the most underappreciated player in the NBA today.

Five time all-star
    NBA Champion
    Olympic Gold Medalist

And referred to as "not a real all-star", constantly in trade rumors, etc.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    DWade turning back the clock tonight.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Attention JCC sports fans, can anyone please help the Bucks find a defense?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Celtics are getting to the rim way too easily tonight. Milwaukee's defense is nonexistent.

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    bucks are pretty out of sorts on both ends. no flow.

14. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Bledsoe has been horrible on both ends. Completely being out coached. Back to Milwaukee, hope to see some sort of team work.

Portland up next.

15. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Watch to the end:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's safe to say: lebron. is. pissed.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    LeBron with 20 in the first quarter. In game one, the Cavs didn't get to 20 as a team until almost 2 minutes were gone in the second quarter.

Had a personal 13-0 run to start the game.

20 / 6 / 3

damn, boy.

18. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I just saw. Geez, death is having a heck of a busy week.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Jesus, that Erin Popovich thing just made Lebron basically cry live on national TV...

21. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's terribly sad news about Erin Popovich. I heard the news yesterday during the Cavs game. Condolences to Coach Pop and family.

The Cavs may need to LeBron to score around 30-40 points for the series and play heavy minutes, especially since they're going on the road. I think the Pacers will win Game 3.

Last night is how I expected the Jazz to play the Thunder in Game One. I think they'll be able to win Game 3 as well.

I need Portland to tie the series up and hopefully this will go 7 games, as I hoping the Warriors will be able to close out the Spurs and get Steph back for round two because they're going to need him against either the Blazers or Pelicans with their guard play.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    really feel for pop and his family. probably going to be a weird energy in the arena tonight, easy one for the warriors to lose.

this sixers heat game is insanely good.

24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, that was a good game, and a good win for the sixers

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Mirotic has 30?! @epic was that dude always sneaky good or what is going on this year