main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Canon Material (novels, TV shows, comics, games) and TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EHT, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I don't know I haven't read the comic but given the context it seems like a it's a message that should only be dispatched upon the Emperor's death?

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Whatever it is, droid or living being, it's creating the mis-impression that the Emperor is still alive, giving orders and such.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That may be the case, but the way it's presented to the captain there is that the Emperor is alive & well, giving specific orders to a select few (or, for all we know, just him). Whether the red-clad guy there is a droid, an organic in a hi-tech suit, or a cyborg doesn't much matter... he wears a strange helmet, and Sheev's holographic visage appears to deliver a specific pre-recorded message when its intended recipient is verified by blood.

4. ender2k

ender2k Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2004

The robes and body movements suggested to me it was a living thing with a helmet that could display video (actually the Mouth of Sauron is the comparison that came to mind).

Incidentally, on the next page the officer threatens one of his subordinates for "spreading Rebel propaganda" by suggesting the Emperor is dead. It wasn't clear to me if he believes the Emperor is alive or if he falls into Sidious's "Those who have power are afraid to lose it," category and thus (probably like other imperial officers) will promote the lie for his own personal benefit.

Toonimator likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    ..and people on these boards have complained about rebels being slow. this is just now season 2!

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    People have complained about Rebels being slow? It's basically non-stop action with a few scattered pauses.

7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes. on the tv board some people said they had trouble getting into the show because it was "too slow". lol.

people ask me why i get irritated. that's why. people irritate me.

Temuera Morrison is voicing Boba Fett in Star Wars: Battlefront? | Making Star Wars

8. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Get irritated about really important things, like your health and wellbeing. Not what others opinions are. Be happy as much as you can.

I love you and always have.

9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    ahhh thx. yeah my health, well being, etc are all terrible.

Rebel, Jedi, Princess, Queen, Star Wars and the Power of Costume Comes to Discovery Times Square | StarWars.com

10. Mick RcCallum

Mick RcCallum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm not watching a 3rd animated series if the same showrunners are involved.
    TCW & Rebels both have their positives but overall the absurd characters and plotlines they included thus far have been really un-Star-Wars which is a real letdown.

Davak24, cwustudent and Granek like this.
  11. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    I just had a thought.

It's heavily rumored (and almost certain) that Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's kid. If we assume he is 30 years old, which was Adam Driver's age at the time of filming, then it should be a given that Han and Leia did the dirty/got down/conceived Kylo just around the time frame of Shattered Empire. SO....I feel as if Marvel will be careful about giving Leia too much spotlight in the series, otherwise they'd risk exposing us to a spoilerific pregnant Leia?

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    For the whole Jedi in the OT discussion: You can retcon everything, you can invent whatever explanation suits you better. You can assign new names for the same thing. But is it a good thing to do? Does it enhance and enrichen the story when Luke is not the last Jedi anymore? I don't think so. There was a point to Luke's existence, which was to be the very last hope of the Jedi. The last movie is even named "return of the Jedi". Filoni better respect that.

And about Filoni. I am fatigued by his style of telling stories, I think fresh blood would be a good idea at this point. There's no reason to stick with him forever.

I loved Aphra's speech about how everyone has a sob story because of the war and that hers isn't anything special. It explains so much about her behaviour and allegiance to Vader.

cwustudent, IG-13, Davak24 and 3 others like this.
  13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    completely false.

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I stopped watching the minute they brought back Darth Maul and butchered Boba Fett even more... Horrible shows.

Mick RcCallum and Davak24 like this.
  15. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  16. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    This is a good question and I have the felling they already starting showing Luke as less important as he seemed when we watched the ending of ROTJ. Maybe Luke will be seen again as very important with the reveal in TFA, but we will see.....[face_dunno]

17. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Luke still is the last hope of the Jedi...to defeat the Sith, which is why they're in such dire straits in the first place. He's Yoda's final student, the one for whom the Force Priestesses rewarded Yoda with the secret of immortality. He's Yoda's best hope for the Jedi to continue. Other Jedi or Jedi-ish heroes out there don't affect that... None of them can bring Anakin back to the light, or wouldn't have the raw power to possibly defeat the Sith in combat without falling to the darkness themselves. None of them bear the Yoda Training School Seal of Approval, either.

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That's too bad. IMO, TCW series has a few story arcs that are some of the best Star Wars ever put to screen.

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah I agree and I really enjoyed several TCW arcs a lot. :)

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    We'll just have to agree to disagree, pal. In my mind there is an enormous difference whether one person carries the flame of the order forward, and it's knowledge, or several. You can't pretend it's the same thing no matter how hard you try. And it's not just about "combat" and "defeating". It's about the Jedi's philosophy, their legacy, knowledge and history.

But I am going to post a compromise which I think could satisfy all parties.

nightangel likes this.
  21. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I just hope Filoni get's on with it and kills off all his Jedi/Force Sensitives/Inquisitors. It would tie in fine with what Ben says in ANH "Vader helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights".

Anakin/Vader turning up and the Jedi Temple hardly counts as hunting them down so it makes sense if he just offs them one by one in Rebels (Please don't anyone bother me with the whole "Well technically they're not Jedi argument". It's quite literally just a technicality!)

cwustudent and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Okay, so here is my proposal which I would think is a fitting compromise. It is also what I think Filoni could do, because different than some posters, he's not a pink fluffy-bunnies happy end guy. TCW had a lot of deaths and it wasn't afraid to show bad consequences.

Ahsoka was compared to Obi-Wan Kenobi by Filoni. What happens to the teachers when the pupils don't need them anymore? They often die. Ahsoka will heroically sacrifice herself for the lives of the ghost crew as soon as Kanan and Ezra have grown together as master and pupil. She goes down fighting which is fitting, because she was always a fighter. She should not die in bed, that's unsatisfying. She dies happily knowing that others will fight on in her stead.

Kanan's story is tied with training Ezra. When Ezra's training ends, his storyarc also does. If we follow typical Jedi story progression, it would now be Ezra's turn to grow into a mentor and teacher, even if he isn't yet a knight.

But who would be there to teach?

I can tell you. Remember Palpatine's little project in TCW when he collected force sensitive kids for his own nefarious purposes, whatever they may be? Yes, exactly. The ghost crew figures out that the project is still ongoing. The children are brought to some facility which is guarded by the Inquisitors. When the Ghost Crew finds out, they make it their mission to free the kids, no matter what. This is when Kanan sacrifices his life, staving off Vader or the Inquisitors long enough so that the others can escape. He tells Ezra to protect the children at all costs and Ezra promises to do this, because he has grown as a person. Ezra (and maybe some other crew-member like Zeb) then takes the children and they form their own enclave on a forgotten outer rim planet. Ezra is not a fully formed Jedi yet, but he protects the children for as long as it is necessary. He also hides his powers. They're in exile, basically, and waiting for the light of the Jedi to return so that he and the kids can become Jedi.

Flash forward.

The Empire has been beaten and the Jedi have return. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker founds the new Jedi order and he gets a surprise visit by Ezra and the children. They are the first of the pupils.

PloKoonqueror and nightangel like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not really shattered could end before it is even obvious that Leia is Pregnant so it can still work.

nightangel likes this.
  24. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

Maybe she'll wear an Aurebesh "Baby on Board" badge.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now I want her ship to have that as a bumper sticker

WatTamborWoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.