main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Official "Fantastic Four" Reboot(s) Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Moviefan2k4, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They changed the colouring.

m.imgur.com/a/7R0t4

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, because I just read this...

Toby Kebbell discusses Doom’s origin and role in the film:
    There’s no conversation about [Doom’s origins] in the film. We don’t have time to talk about me — I would love it, but we don’t have real time. Yeah, he’s still from the same place, his mother is still a gypsy and done her deals, his father still perished from exposure looking after me. He’s angry. He’s an angry dude. But now he’s in Baxter. He’s bright and he’s trying to make people proud. He found a new father in Dr. Storm, the father of Johnny and adoptive father of Sue. I kind of get adopted as well, in a fantastic performance by Reg E. Cathey. And that’s Doom as we see him. He’s a computer technician, a computer scientist. There were rumors he was a hacker or something, but no. Victor Von Doom is who we hope he will be.

Really? REALLY?!?

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just don't care anymore.

Yodaminch likes this.
  4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    And that's really what it comes down to. This trailer leaves me apathetic. I could care less if I ever see the film. I am certainly not inspired enough to hand over my money.

I had concerns about Ant-Man after the first trailer and even mentioned on this board that it reminded me of Green Lantern. However further clips, promotional material and positive buzz has turned me around on that film and I will see it Thursday. By contrast, everything I have seen leading up to this trailer has left me caring less and less about this film and any hope of the trailer turning me around is gone. Glowing green Doom is the final nail in the coffin for me. I could care less about black Storm family except for the fact that it added the extra "Sue is adopted junk" and Johnny is also now as old (if not older) than Reed and now Doom too. I was not thrilled by Ben's origin change or the Thing's thingless appearance. And I remain indifferent to Teller as Reed. But Doom was always going to be the make or break factor for me. This is a character that should be treated as the superior to Magneto. He should put Loki and the other marvel villains to shame. And now, he's a glorified nightlight. Three times they have botched Doom. It's time to give up. I'd have respected the writers more had they not used Doom and instead did Mole Man or Annihilus or some other FF villain and saved Doom for the sequel. Instead, we get just as bad as the Story films.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  6. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Awwww. I like 3D. =((

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Smoke + fire alert on Fantastic Four / X-Men crossover, they even asked Singer and he didn't flat-out say no!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72454

“That would be a natural mash-up because they’re both ensemble films and there is a mechanism by which to do it," said Singer. "I think to just say you're going to do it is kind of a mistake. I think you have to really see how the films evolve before you make that decision to completely commit to that, but there are those ideas in play."

8. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
  9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

darth-sinister likes this.
  10. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What's going to make less money? This or Pixels?

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd say Pixels. The FF4 name might bring a few more people out to the theaters, if only out of sheer curiosity if this is the trainwreck we all think it will be.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Fantastic Four should make more money than Pixels.

Yeah, the review embargo for the film is not a good sign as it shows the studio doesn't have much confidence the film will win over critics.

When I started hearing all the pre-production news about Fantastic Four, I was thinking the film would suck, especially when there was the rumor the movie would be presented as "found footage." Then the reports of Doom being some blogger lowered my already low expectations.

However, when the footage started to be revealed, my pessimism turned to optimism as it didn't look horrific. I thought the tone visually and story wise was more serious than the previous F4 films. I liked the look of the Thing, but I wish the dude had pants. It's just weird he doesn't have pants.

I'm planning on seeing this film opening weekend as I'm curious about it and as a comic book reader, I'm use to a franchise getting a new creative team at the helm every couple of years.

13. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Best endorsement I've read yet: Simon Kinberg: "It's Not a Disaster"

Seems to me like Kinberg is getting ready to lay all the blame at Trank's feet.

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This would be a lot more entertaining if Fox had preemptively announced 5 sequels and 12 spinoff movies.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You're a lot more tolerant than I am.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's probably due to old age.

Here's an extended trailer with a Deadpool teaser at the end.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I glanced over both reviews as not to form a preconceived notion of the film before actually seeing. Neither of the reviews above bash the film as an embarrassment from what I glazed over and say, but it didn't impress or exceed expectations. Which is the feeling I have about this film based on the trailer. I think the most important thing that this film can do is wash itself from the stink of the previous two films.

20. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Have you seen the reshoot wig they put on Kata Mara? It looks like they hauled Alba's RotSS wig out of storage.

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Nope, I haven't seen the reshoot wig. I'll look it up probably after I see the film.

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Wow!!!!

Only positive on RT is a pity piece.

If Marvel hurries they can get Doom in Dr. strange.

Predetermined bomb. Either Marvel will be given the rights or be begged by Sony help the same way with Spider-man. Giving up the rights is a option seeing as F4 hasn't been that much of a money maker. And regardless if it's that bad or not this will be looked at as a failure across the board.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You know you're doing Fantastic Four wrong when a ****ing Dragon Ball Z movie gets the better reviews.

24. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    LOL, Kevin Feige is probably like "everything is going according to plan".

25. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Triumph and Torment is my dream MCU movie. If Marvel could get back just one character, I'd want it to be Doom.