main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
  2. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Just over on the EPVII Spoilers forum. Oyelowo was rumored by Latino-Review to be in talks for Episode VII... they were wrong... It was Rebels.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ooo, if Steve Blum is in this then my interest will significantly increase.

Togruta likes this.
  4. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Well they got the Star Wars part right. Just guessed the wrong series/movies. lmao

5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I guess they were "close." But as my dad used to say: "Close is only good in horseshoes, or with and grenades... oh and thermonuclear devices."

Yancy

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
  7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Hah hit refresh, Rebels AND Ep VII. Interesting to think how the same character could be played by the same actor in both. Either he could be a relative, or use old age makeup in EP7, or be a clone or a droid?

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well that is interesting

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hmmm...we may need a non-spoiler Rebels thread soon.

Not that I care about finding out in advance who has been cast or who the main characters are, but I don't want to know beyond that.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's... an odd bunch of VA's. But hey, they got some wild ones with TCW.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Interesting. I'm a little worried about casting someone like David Oyelowo. That's gotta be expensive which makes me more nervous this show has to do well right out the gate or it may end up like Tron: Uprising even with the big Star Wars name on top of it. I also get more nervous about stars like that bailing mid-flight. Freddie Prinze Jr as well but he's done voice work in Kim Possible. Vanessa Marshall may have been Greg's choice, she did some voice work on W.I.T.C.H. Dunno the other guy. TCW introduced me to a few good VAs though so its no biggy. Ofcourse Blum would be the only VA veteran in the cast so far. I still think he's overrated but am actually glad to see one familiar name in the cast and he's usually a riot at panels.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I think a lot of people had similar apprehensions about Matt Latner, Ashley Eckstein, etc being cast in Clone Wars. They turned out fine.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I used the example of Tron: Uprising for VAs like Elijah Wood. There is so much speculation on the interwebz for what happened to that show such as it was to expensive. The voices were a ridiculous chunk of the budget and production costs were similar for that of TCW, about $1m+ per episode. I'm rating Oyelowo over Lanter far as movie stars go and am betting he's gonna be more expensive. It doesn't bother me to have new VAs or ones I'm unfamiliar with in the cast. I'd much rather that than to hear Kevin Richardson use the same damn voice for yet another character.

14. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Well, its presumed (by me) that he will be playing a young character in Rebels since the cast is supposed to be young, but even as a teen that likely makes his character older than his actual age for EP7.

Interesting news that they may be using Rebels to launch EP7. I'd like to see some hard confirmation on that as I have doubts about that Rebels would tie in with EP7 in a significant way.

15. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Considering Rebels takes place a good fifty or sixty years before ep 7 happens wouldn't it be a little hard to have many character tie-ins.

16. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012

Hard, but I'm sure they could find a way if they wanted to. E.g. freezing in carbonite, a non-human species that doesn't age as quickly, or just make the character a really old person.

purplerain likes this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Or on Rebels he's voicing the grandfather of an Ep 7 character as a young man. Then maybe also playing the live action version of the grandson in Ep 7.

Who knows, the rumor is likely false in some way.

18. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    maybe episode seven could be set earlier, then we think.

klooney likes this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Speaking of potential voice actors for Rebels, I really hope that Stephen Stanton returns to reprise his role as Grand Moff Tarkin:

[​IMG]
    There may be hope yet!

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I hope not. The earlier it's set, the more of the Zahn EU is likely to get thrown under the bus.

As it is, I'm hoping the Thrawn trilogy era (first ten years post Endor) gets left mostly intact. But nothing's safe or certain until opening night.

21. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Maybe Ep VII is a prequel of the prequels.

22. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    This would make it more secret history.

23. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Hasn't it already been set in stone for the most part that ep 7 will take place thirty or so years after ROTJ or has that info all just been rumors created by fan sites?

In anycase I think there is little chance there won't be a lengthy time skip inbetween VI and VII. Even if the big three don't appear in the movie they would still have to explain why they aren't in it and just saying they are all dead or busy with other things when the movie only takes place ten years after ROTJ wouldn't make much sense.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    they could use motion capture, and make up, to make them look younger, ILM, is more advanced than the ones who did Tron Legacy

25. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I hope the teenage characters go after sith ghosts, and maybe reveal some as the fakes they are.

Seerow likes this.