main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You keep watching it apparently and that's cool, its your choice to watch. TCW handles clones well so even if the Droid arc takes a backward slide to "Secret Weapons" level I'm not worried about a bad show from Gregor.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If you see a badass clone, then you know that the last episodes of the arc will be badass

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I fail to see why it is your business at all.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    it's not, just stating my opinion

5. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I think we should make a real effort to keep our opinions about the show, and not about the views of users here.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i agree

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    People need an excuse to stop watching a show they are no longer enjoying?

I'm waiting to see what happens with Gregor but the rest of my opinion on the droid arc belongs in the Pessimism thread.

9. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Since they decided to us the Gregor episode as their 100th episode, and market it as a big event, it better be one of the best episodes they have ever done. You don’t present just another crazy droid episode as the landmark, you use the best dam episode you have ever done. You give the fans an animated thank you tribute for 5 years of loyalty. If this is another half assed one, then I think whoever orders these episodes doesn’t care enough.

Hopefully this will be amazing beyond belief.

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    George knows what we like, he's never let us down before..........

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I presume that is sarcasm... ;)

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Strangely enough, I believe "whoever orders these episodes" truly believe they are great episodes, not that they're purposely giving us what some characterize as crap.

As far as "half-assed" episodes I think fandom is pretty split on almost every controversial episode - not always evenly split, but there are always both those like and those who don't like certain episodes.

Seerow likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well said. The folks behind TCW do truly believe in their product. I always hear genuine excitement and passion from anyone working on TCW. Your certainly never going to hear them come out and say the new episode is crap. They know some of these episodes are risky. I give them props for being innovative and keeping the good series cranking for 100 episodes when most shows seem to fizzle at 41-64 episodes or a little as 24-26.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I seriously doubt they look at every episode and think that they are all going to be great. Filoni is basically on the record saying that he though Mortis was stupid - quote from memory - "If I would have come up with Mortis it would have been stupid, but since George came up with it its great". Nice sound bite Dave........

They know going in that some episodes are going to be more well recieved than others. Thats why Revival got bumped into the season debut, why last season ended with the Brothers duology and why this Season will end with Mandalore.

In the end, like most episodic TV, they need some filler episodes to maximize the length of their seasons. Some of the ideas that are not considered great ,or sure things, must be included.

Garth Maul likes this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    They'll big up whatever is in the pipeline for the obvious reason that they don't want to generate anything resembling negative buzz for future episodes. It's the "post-mortem" opinionating that outsiders need to watch out for. I recall that in one of the IGN interviews after S4's completion, Filoni came close to apologising for Grievous' defeat at the hands of the Gungans, telling the world about how he greeted Lucas' pitch with scepticism.

Seerow likes this.
  16. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    My expectations for this episode have already gone into and past the stratosphere; and I now expect it to be the most incredible, mind-blowing, unbelievably awesome, pure genius episode ever created in the history of ever.
    Until the next episode of course.

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, of course they know some episodes will be better received than others - if not, they're incredibly naive. But that doesn't mean they believe they are giving us mediocre episodes, either. I'm sure they believe they're giving us good and great, occasionally risky episodes while a certain segment of fans believe they're giving us "incredible, "meh" or "horrible" as the only alternatives.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Q pretty much nailed it here. I remember some article where Dave practically apologized for "Shadow Warrior" and I think he did it during the TCW halftime show on Forcecast as well. I don't remember Mortis however. I also remember Dave taunting folks about Echo's death however. They pretty much do all their own advertising for each episode anyways with the VAs, writers, and whatnot hyping everything up. Cartoon Network just runs the occasional commercial.

Hell, Brent Friedman was answering questions on Twitter. Did anyone ask him about how he felt about the droid arcs perception? I know he reassured us the next two are conventional episodes. He answered like two of mine. I'm sorry but that's just cool. Can't think of another show where I've tweeted a question and gotten actual replies. One about if anybody on staff knew what Casshern Sins was. =b

They are always going to tell us every episode is great and I think that the staff does believe in their work most of the time. They know some episodes are really going to polarize us. They probably just laugh at the results.

19. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    A big congratulations to the cast and crew for reaching 100 episodes! Here's to 100 more! :D

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Do. Not. Want.

The show as a whole has been decent IMO. But I had my Clone Wars fill for a decade. Wrap up the show, pool your best ideas into a final season or two (if necessary, not for the sake of it). Go out with a bang that ties up the loose ends and transitions into ROTS without the arbitrary distractions and deviations of past seasons, then re-brand the series and tread new territory into the "Dark Times." Or move the resources going toward TCW into a new show.

I don't want another 5 years of more Clone Wars stuff, filling in the unimportant time period that had already been filled, dug out, and then re-filled since 2002.

JackG, Convor, Robimus and 2 others like this.
  21. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Excuse me, what is the name of this show? Star Wars: The Clone Wars, of course it is. What event of Star Wars lore is being portrayed? The Clone Wars, of course it is... Wait a minute. How many clones have we seen this season? I admit the Battle of Onderon is a sort of proxy war but there have been no CLONES is the CLONE Wars show this season lets go back to big battles like the original show. I like the new show and all with the Darth Maul stuff and the like but I think we need the CLONES in The CLONE Wars. Anyway, that is all

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This shows seems to be more about the time period, the various wars fought during it, the stuff going on around it, and underneath it than Clones vs. Battle droids.

23. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    okay, i have a question about neutrality...

the trade federation, and mandalore say they are neutral. yet they hold senate seats in the republic.

also how come the techno union and banking clan are in the senate? i thought in episode 2 they joined with dooku and the sepratists?

please quote this post if you answer :) thanks

24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    100 more episodes! I can just imagine a recurring scene between Anakin and Ahsoka:
    [​IMG]
    Ahsoka: "Master, when are you going to the Dark Side?"
    Anakin: "Not now, Ahsoka!"
    Ahsoka: "Ok, now?"
    Anakin: "NOT NOW, AHSOKA!"
    Ahsoka: "How 'bout now?"
    Anakin: "NO!!! NOT NOW!!!"
    Ahsoka: "Ummm...ok, now?"
    Anakin: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    *cricket* *cricket* *cricket*
    Ahsoka: "So....now are you going to the Dark Side?"

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "I will in a minute if you don't shut the **** up."