main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RIP RYL Episode Lando (2018-2018)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Mar 15, 2018.

?

Can We Get a New Movie Night Poll?

1. No

11.1%
  2. Absolutely Not

14.8%
  3. kathleen kennedy

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I burned all of my MCU blu rays at the bonfire on Easter Sunday. [face_mischief] :p

2. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Lord have mercy @Jedi Knight Fett. 200 likes?

Looks like you're gonna bump up my like-to-post ratio above 3.2:1 for the first time ever. So, thanks.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

4. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    so. many. alerts. :p

This is still my favorite one. So good! Still haven't had a chance to watch Spider-man yet ;(

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I see that you were managing you account. Let me guess. You were shutting off alerts for likes? :p

6. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    This sounds like a line from a love song. Or maybe an old TV drama.

7. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    That's the trick, ain't it

8. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Nah, just swimming through all my likes to see if there were any not from just you :p

9. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    wait what? why?

10. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Twas only joking, my friend.
    [​IMG]

11. Huttese 101

Jan 19, 2016
    I don't have email notifications turned on through the website itself, but I do get emails via Tapatalk. It used to email me every time I got a like. Now I only get em when I'm quoted here. Ya know, the important stuff.

I have an obscene number of emails though. I don't think I've deleted an email since 2009 or '10. I must have close to 30,000 in my inbox. I need to clean house. I live a cluttered life.

12. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm the opposite when it comes to email.
    I delete that **** asap. I save important messages in various folders, but otherwise, buh bye.
    And I do not get email notifications from this message board except for PMs.

13. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I wish I had something interesting to contribute :p

14. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    In hindsight, I really should have picked up on that

15. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    I did you one better: I've never bought any.

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    45 likes?!!? Now that's not a number I've seen since 2016. :p

17. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Have had to come to uni, for some meetings tomorrow! Who books meetings in the middle of the Easter holidays!?! But it is not all doom and gloom, gives me some time to really work on my dissertation for, well, a day ;) @Dagobahsystem I thought you were being serious about the burning of your DVDs too [face_laugh]

18. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Emails can be deleted?? :p

only joking, though I don't actually delete any emails either. Just in case I guess.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    since we're kind of on the subject, i'm curious. my film/game collection over the last five or so years is near-totally digital - only own the dark knight trilogy and star wars original 6 on blu-ray disc, and 1-2 games.

what is your approach - do you prefer digital library, physical library, or some mix of both?

20. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Oh thats a neat question. I think digital is so much easier, don't need to worry about discs scratching, losing it, etc. Though I still almost always buy physical copies of games and I'll get movies combo packs with a digital code. I just like having the thing.

I have a feeling though at some point physical copies will stop being sold and only digital versions of things will be used.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm weird and like having physical copies of my movies.....even if I do decide to go more digital some day I'll still probably get physical copies of Star Wars, 007, and Marvel movies, I just like having the actual movies for some reason. I still buy CDs so that should tell you something about me.

22. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Lol Dags; I wish!!!
    *sings* And I still haven’t found what I’m looking for.

So much for doing school stuff, but I needed an excuse to force me to reorganize my room anyway. Maybe I left AOTC in the car.

*sings* Let's get physical, physical! I still prefer physical dvd/blu-ray. I watch stuff online but rent mostly.

When I have time I can’t wait to watch digital TLJ version though.

Dandy you always have something interesting to say! Plus the nice thing is the bar is already low re: post content in here. Post nothing & you’ll still get a like.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  23. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    For me, it just depends on what is cheaper, when I buy music, I look to see if the CD is cheaper to buy, with the mp3 download, or just the mp3 download. Although, with DVDs, I just buy the physical, but, Dad and Me have a bit of a project this summer, where we are going to digitalise our entire DVD library and store it on harddrive, and have that plugged into the router, so we are able to access the movies from anywhere in the house on any devices.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    interesting! i think the quality is much more reliable on physical media, not reliant on blips in internet connection, and the cool aspect of having it displayed on a shelf is a plus. i get that.

@Moll, you might want to look at Plex - it's what I use for digital media that I don't have through Amazon Video. It's reliable, and as long as your designated server is accessible, you can access from any device, and even remotely through the webapp. They've recently added functionality for music streaming, in addition to video. There's a good program called FileBot to code your ripped media from your physical discs, too.

25. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Ah for CDs, I only usually buy a CD if I really like the whole album, or else I'm usually just buying songs digitally, since I really don't have any place to play CDs :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.