main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Snoke's Backstory - Theories and Speculation

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RacoonKing, Jan 3, 2016.

1. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    The thought of some big twist, like Snoke being Maz brother and his hologram is a façade of his true small self, disturbs me. I really hope they don't go that route.

2. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    Sorry if this has been asked before. But in the Wookiepedia page on Snoke it's mentioned that apart from Kylo Ren, he has at least one more apprentice. The source is supposedly the TFA Visual Dictionary book. I don't have that book so I can't check it.

Can anyone who has the book say which part of it says something about that other apprentice? Thanks!

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    If he knows of the events of the PT, TCW, Rebels, and the OT, is it just because he is some ancient wise dude from beyond? Even if has a network of Ren and spies, how does he know Vader betrayed the Emperor to save Luke? Or does Ben fill in the gap there?

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He has to be someone who lived through the events of all the movies and if he ain't Plagueis or Sidious then I would assume he would at least have some sort of connection to them.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  5. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015

It is noncanonical, but there were Prophets of the Dark Side. And he were one, the historian/Sith cultist wouldn't have mentioned going out into the unknown in Aftermath. I think one commenter mentioned a PDS who could fit this description.

EDIT: Cronal

6. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015

Well, he might question his sister's choice for a boyfriend.

7. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Who's Cronal? or what?

8. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I haven't found a reference to any apprentice of Snoke in the TFA visual dictionary, other than Kylo Ren.

9. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    In the EU he's a multifaceted Sorcerer of Rand, an independent dark side organization, who joins the PDS and then heads Palpatine's Imperial Intelligence. I never read any of the stuff with him, but a poster here or another Snoke thread mentioned him.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cronal

10. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    Thank You!

With Benecio Del Toro being cast in an SW part, and due to the ending of Aftermath, I am leaning towards another character with interest in utilizing the Dark Side, an officer might be in the hierarchy of the next film.

Though he couldn't be a Force user Palpatine was aware of. He and Vader killed or used them until they all the others died. Only Mother Tauzin survives--but not in a corporeal form, as far as we know.

We will see how long Darth Maul survives in Rebels.

So far no other Dark Side Force sensitive users other than Snoke have survived Palpatine's reign.

Because Snoke survives Palpatine, it is what makes me think he is the Son from Mortis. Despite the fact Anakin kills him.

To my mind he has to be something out of time or in a space Palpatine--always sensitive to potential threats--is unaware of.

11. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015

Maul's in Rebels?

12. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Whilst I love the Mortis arc from TCW - my username might suggest that - I'm also unsure as to how they could retcon Snoke as a Celestial. One thing is certain: he is a very intriguing character, but in order for the whole ST to work, Snoke has to be done, very, very well. I agree with others that if he's just a "Palpatine on steroids" type character, that won't work.

13. MasterDekan

MasterDekan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 14, 2005
    I think Snoke is a pupil, either self taught or otherwise of the ways of the ancient Sith race. Maybe by a people who carried the name Rent. He's not of the Sith order, but because of his education, he knows of the ancient Sith, the dark side, their technology, their Empire(s). He offered this knowledge to the Imperial Remnants to help them revive the Empire and take revenge on the rebels of old and their Republic, and he seduces the grandchild of Vader by promising something that neither Luke or Leia would ever give him, the power and significance he felt he was due by way of his legacy.

And he knows Luke and Leia and Han because he showed/promised Luke an ancient Jedi homeworld strong in the light from which to raise his new Jedi Order... which placed him close enough to burn it all down and pluck away Kylo.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Not sure I buy this, but I agree that this is a more interesting possibility than some resurrected Vader. The scars do certainly match-up very well.

15. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is a plausible scenario, particularly Snoke convincing Luke that he his a scholar of Jedi history or even a Jedi that somehow survived Order 66.

16. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is another plausible possibility, although are we sure whether any of them escaped the Death Star at the end of ROTJ?

17. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

[​IMG]

Interesting to see this screenshot. When I watched TFA, I hadn't noticed the seating in the foreground in this scene. This has the look of a council chamber or a parliament of some description. I wonder whether any First Order people - other than Hux and Ren - ever see Snoke. Could this be where Snoke consults with First Order officers/generals?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

Is that a screenshot or concept? I think it is concept art.

Please no Rebel's spoilers in this forum :(

19. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I assumed that it was a screenshot but now that you've suggested it might be concept art, well, I don't know. Wasn't my intention to post Rebels spoilers, just included that link automatically when I quoted Darth Nave.

20. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

Haha it's okay. Just need to catch up!

21. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I'll be very disappointed if this is the case given that he's already gotten a good deal of screen time in the first film.

You look back to the OT and I think its quite deliberate that we don't see the Emperor much until ROTJ, he's an effective evil villain when we do see him BUT that's all he is and so he's naturally much less interesting than Vader and is always strongly linked with him.

WIth Snoke already having this much build up I would be disappointed if he isn't linked into the drama of the story somehow rather than just being a random evil doer. That doesn't nesserally need to be having a pre existing history with the main character, it could be via flashback to past links to Luke.

One random though, I wonder if we could get some reference to Snoke in the Rogue Squadron film? if he does have links to the Empire that could potentially be a way to make them, especially if he's some advisor to the Emporer.

22. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Snoke is Quinlan Vos....Wait, no.....

23. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    I'd love it if he was based in Korriban, though I doubt red ever do that. Maybe like the emperor they won't divulge into his back story all that much like the original trilogy.

24. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

"The embryo did split in two, but it didn't split equally. All the purity and strength went into Snoke. All the crap that was left over went into what you see in the mirror every morning."

Rabs likes this.
  25. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Snoke has seen the same eyes in different people.