main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Agreed, I'm just making the point that Phoenix crew is not any sort of lynch pin, they're flies. But even flies bite.

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    And in fact, Season 2 has shown that having two Jedi, while it has helped with some missions, has also been the source of otherwise undue attention to the Squadron being given to them by the Empire. It's having them that brought the Inquisitors, and then Vader to their attention. And yes, they survived those encounters - but would they have had the resistance against them as strong as it was had not there been Jedi identified by the Sector/High Command?

masterskywalker likes this.
  3. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Doesn't seem like Maul to care about such thing but it is as good reason as any I suppose.

4. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Care about learning the language or care about where he envisions his rightful place?

Can't do much if you can't read and send orders to your troops/commanders.

Maul has always been obsessed with power. When we first meet him, he wanted to take out the Jedi and have the Sith rise to power.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

5. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    On another note, I see Kallus' whole stunt as just being one of Thrawn's plans. It would make perfect sense, considering Kallus gleefully killed Tua as soon as he heard she might be a defector.

However I'm also worried that its Filoni being Filoni and changing characterizations of popular characters. I mean, we're all still suffering from The MAULLLLL formerly known as Darth whose been pushed harder than Roman Reigns in WWE.

vncredleader likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is anyone else thinking that the TIE Defender project is purely a ring to tug around the Rebels nose and lead them to Lothal? Think about it. He already has a ton of resources stuck there; he may as well turn it into a trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylun, CooperTFN and Cynical_Ben like this.
  7. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    He can do this just fine from the start without knowing Mandalorian. Maul is not like Thrawn who is a cultural buff.

8. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    In the Season Premier, it's already stated that a goal for Phoenix Squadron and its allies is to build a strike force capable of a significant attack on the factory at Lothal. This is brought up in context with the Y-Wings from Reclam. So that would be redundant of Thrawn, whether he knows it or not. They certainly already plan to return and to Do Some Serious Damage. Infilitration and minor sabotage was just the very beginning of Sato & Co's plans.

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Is that The Ghost !?! :eek:
    [​IMG]

10. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Now THAT is a damn good catch.

11. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    Short term vs long term management. When all he has to do is order around one cell, he can give all orders and get all reports personally. When he has an entire planet to manage, he better be able to read and write in Mandalorian. Again though...this is based on characterization from cancelled episode outlines of a tv show and extrapolated over the character arc of Maul from his one cinematic appearance.

Its not a perfect explanation. Just a reason he may be scribbling rantings in Mandalorian. I feel this is getting a little lost in the weeds...

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I actually really hope you're right, but sooner or later I'm sure they'll turn up.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I got a moment of amusement today when Youtube put on the top of it's recommended list "Grand Admiral Thrawn is a Psychopath". It's just last week's preview so nothing new, but it's good to see how the general non-TFN populace* is taking him.

*"Grand Admiral Thrawn is a Duros?"

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I make Duros jokes on Twitter every now and then just to see who reacts.

Random Comments likes this.
  15. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    There are a lot of real world examples of this kind of ruler, though.

16. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    My goodness there's something beautiful about seeing the Ghost in "live action."

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Even better if its the Ghost with an all new Crew.

Hey the Millenium Falcon has been used by various people over time (it sure existed during RoTS before Lando go it).

The twist would be that none of the Rebel cast use that ship anymore. Maybe a few of them died (hopefully Kanan and Ezra included) and the survivors stopped using the ship for whatever reason.

But if Hera is at the helm......please just please have the rebel Jedi's be gone by then.

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I, on the other hand, would actually like Luke and Kanan to interact.

19. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    How can Luke interact with Kanan, when the latter is
    one with the Force?

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I certainly hope that won't be the case.

21. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    Er...Obi-Wan ringing any bells?

22. What Are The Odds

Jul 31, 2016
    Logic demands it.
    Not really, no.

DelRiego likes this.
  23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Well, on my end, I feel the idea that Luke has to be THE last Jedi of them all to be silly.

Yoda being kinda wrong isn't a bad thing.

24. What Are The Odds

Jul 31, 2016
    I'm not arguing about that. I'm just saying Kanan and Ezra has no place in ANH and then post-ANH rebellion. I can accept another/other jedi survivor(s) (that aren't Ezra and Kanan), but under one condition - he's/she's/they're hiding. Yoda's field of vision isn't infinite.

DelRiego likes this.
  25. tatooinesandworm

Jul 30, 2015
    All I was referencing was your comment on how one can interact with another that is one with the force. Luke does this repeatedly with Obi-Wan. Sorry that wasn't clear.