main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Starships/Vehicles/Tech of the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

No. Just no. Ships getting destroyed as an "emotional" point pretty much jumped the shark in Trek years ago.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I totally agree but I can see them going there.

Strongbow likes this.
  3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Fair enough. I hope you're wrong. Having said all that, it all comes down to execution. But I definitely do not like the idea that somehow the old must die for the new to thrive. They'll have to win me over.

4. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    NEW WALKERS

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/s...rder-heavy-assault-walker-is-one-mad-gorilla/

I briefly glimpsed the new AT-AT style walkers from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. They’re called “First Order Heavy Assault Walkers.” They’re the new AT-ATs we will see in The Last Jedi and they’re not the same walkers we saw in The Force Awakens on the Starkiller Base parade grounds. They’re huge and chunky. These guys are a mix of the old with some new to such a degree the design should feel familiar but new to most. In theory, you should get that these are “super walkers” that dwarf anything we’ve seen before.

I don’t think a ship is going to take these down by firing on the reinforced legs. So if the classic AT-AT foot is a shoe connected to a leg, this is a boot with a sleeve that is thick running up more than halfway through the leg. From the front it resembles a gorilla with its front arms firmly planted on the ground. When I first heard about these, I was told they would resemble gorillas. Imagine looking directly head-on at a gorilla and how its front arms are thick and give it an intimidating presence. For this reason, they were called “Gorilla Walkers” informally by some during production.

Imagine pissed-off gorillas with their front arms on the ground looking at you and then transform them into AT-ATs and you have the First Order Heavy Assault Walkers. They’re pretty awesome and a pretty good update to the walker line Star Warshas given us so far.

5. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    no way will the falcon ever ever get blown up c'mon guys

6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    For all their coolness, AT-ATs are kind of vulnerable beasts on those easily tripable legs.

They need a muscular, dangerous upgrade.

7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Not into the red eye design on the new walkers. ... - i dunno how i feel about that but it was a little to battlebot for me. I do like the beefier design to make it more intimidating and thAt we got some walker action.

8. DarthBeagle

DarthBeagle Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    The AT-ATs actually have that too!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

9. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Decepticons confirmed!

I agree about the red "eyes". On the old AT-AT is was more of a slit in front, and such not really noticeable (in action anyway). But I'll reserve my judgment until Dec. 15th.

10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think we'll see them much sooner than that.

11. Alien Vanguard

Jan 1, 2015
    You may be right. Plot-wise it may be better to show some new tech rather than a glimpse of certain characters. If that makes sense?

12. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    No it was just slits on eyes, this new design is too much. Perhaps the film will portray it better than the drawing.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yeah, I'm hoping the sketch greatly exaggerates the look. Though I'm a tad pessimistic, as MSW's K2SO sketches were very close to the mark.

14. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    New Walkers? Coooool. :)

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well it seems the neckless Walkers from TFA aren't as popular with the makers of TLJ, not surprising that they've gone and returned to a more familiar design if not just bigger. It's like SKB being bigger than the DS and and the FO Star Destroyer being bigger than the Imperial Star Destroyers, now the Walkers are bigger too,

16. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Mt first time hearing that, was it previously mentioned or something? Either way, that's awesome news. I feel like the A-Wing's just look absolutely perfect in blue.

And I really hope we get to see T-85 X-Wing's finally at Celebration in a few weeks.

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

When William and Harry visited Pinewood a blue (and white) A-Wing could be seen in the hangar set;

[​IMG]

18. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Heartwarming tribute to Harambe, great to see.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  20. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    [​IMG]
    "Dogfight" by Christian Gruner.

I'm looking forward to what TLJ and IX will do to make the dogfights and space battles new and memorable.

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  21. Alien Vanguard

Jan 1, 2015
    Me too. WWII dogfights already are an inspiration (some are direct copies), but there's still loads of potential.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh man a scene with tons of jumptroopers leaping off of ships in the middle of a dogfight would be EPIC!!

23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  24. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah that but with March of the Resistance.

DaddlerTheDalek and Darth Smurf like this.
  25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I don't think MSW has mentioned anything about the return of the Finalizer yet, have they?