main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars Chronological Order (TCW Episodes & Viewing Orders)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by han_solo_321, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I don't know about that. The scenes in the newsreels seem to "explicitly" point out things that happened in previous or past episodes. They might have made a mistake in one or two of them, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't be considered guidelines.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Guidelines for sure but even one mistake makes all of them unreliable- so either they are reliable or then they are not- but they cannot be-

There is a paradox for you: Lightsaber Lost's newsreel shows Hostage Crisis so that would place Hostage Crisis before Lightsaber Lost, but Assassin that is confirmed to precede Hostage Crisis shows clips from Academy that is sequel to Corruption that shows a clip from the Lightsaber Lost..... so Corruption-duology that HAS to precede Hostage Crisis that HAS to precede Lightsaber Lost which is impossible because it also HAS to precede Corruption-duology then- because clip from LL is shown in the newsreel of Corruption....

So they cannot be used as reliable sources- sometimes they just reuse some old clips that suit to situation but that doesn't help at all what comes to finding chronology.... so it's better to forget newsreels that doesn't clearly mention some happening- shown clips may be unreliable...

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Huh?!

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    He's saying... Despite how important the newsreels may appear, they are unreliable sources. The crew use/reuse footage. Clips from "future" episodes appear in "past" episodes, which logically doesn't make sense. He provided you with an example of such. The Narrator is a lazy journalist - he sometimes gets his facts wrong.

Dave Filoni, if you can read this, please give us a timeline. I'll bake cookies for you. [face_praying]

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I proved that newsreels make no sense here the same thing again:

Lightsaber Lost has a clip from the Hostage Crisis
    Corruption has a clip from the Lightsaber Lost
    Assassin has a clip from the Academy (that happens after Corruption)
    Assassin happens before Hostage Crisis(confirmed)

now you cannot put these eps in chronological order without ignoring the newsreels, but if you ignore the newsreels order is possible while not really clear.... there is other paradoxes like this, if newsreels are to be taken as canonical happenings....

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Some of the later episodes that chronologically take place in the beginning have Christophsis clips in them, so at least that feels right.

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I think it would have been sooooo cool, if the final arc of season 1 was Supply Lines, Ryloth trilogy, Ambush. I watch it that way. I love Ambush, as season opener or closer. Its frickin' Yoda for crying out loud. Can't go wrong.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yup, no doubt in my mind S1E01 is still one of the greatest TCW episodes we've gotten.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I see them as a five episode arc too, with Supply Lines and Ambush as bookends. And because I don't see a contradiction in the newsreels, I would also place this arc at the end of season one.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I was thinking about why that makes sense, then I remembered the plot of Supply Lines is based around getting supplies to Ryloth, so yeah, that makes perfect sense. Maybe next go around I'll try it like that.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I think that Ambush actually takes place before Ryloth Trilogy- Ryloth suffered for a long time under Tambor- so long that those twi'lek rebels lost their fate in the republic...

Shadow Warrior is confirmed to be prequel to Dac-arc in trivia-section- that makes a bit more sense... so that much about chronological timeline during season4:p

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    But as someone previously pointed out, the witch-doctor is in the room when the Republic contacts the Gungans in Gungan Attack, so that kind of ruins that possibility... The fact that it's official makes it a lot worse though.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh yeah didn't notice him....okay it is not prequel then.... I would just non-canonize entire Shadow Warrior- that episode has nothing big but Tarpals' death and he was so old he could've died of age-related causes... Maybe gungans just made up the legend of his heroic sacrifice and Shadow Warrior never happened:p

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I thought you said it was officially considered a prequel though?

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Trivia said it was planned to be prequel but they wanted more actionfilled premiere so they changed airing order- I thought it didn't mean IU-chronology but only OOU-chronology..... but Rish in Gungan Attack tells the true chronology and also makes Shadow Warrior even more unbelievable and much worse....

16. Claws_Bane

Claws_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2011
    I don't know. I don't know why this chronology even started. Shadow Warrior had to be after the Mon Cala arc because he was seen in Gungan Attack.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The one cool thing about that is it once again shows the Sith controlling both sides of the war. If they didn't Force-voo-doo the Gungan leader into not helping it shows the Sith allowed it to happen.

18. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    I can't believe the characters ( speicifcally Senators) don't notice Palpatine is evil. Like when Padm'e talk to Palpatine about Bonteri, Palpatine looked evil, and like for Krell, except the clones kinda knew.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I kinda wish as they went along making most characters looks a little more realistic they would do the same for the two Sith Lords.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Uh.... "he looked evil"- that doesn't necessarily prove anything- besides Padmé didn't see his impression so well as we did....

21. Claws_Bane

Mar 31, 2011
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Well, if they can't see it, then that's their problem.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I don't really like those scenes that show too clearly that Palpy is evil- there is that smile in "Senate Murders" and clear frustration and disappointment in "Duchess of Mandalore"- of course all who have seen ROTS know it and all who watch TPM and AOTC and use little their senses see it- but then there is that impression in HOBS that really is not revealing his evilness- Padmé just tells how she has been breaking the laws- chancellor could think that is a bad thing even if he wouldn't be evil....

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    You got a point there.

Ever since TPM I always had the impression that Palpatine sort of gave Padme the creeps and that she never really trusted the then and former Senator of Naboo. It was the only thing that I liked about her character; that she might have suspected he was corrupt and evil all along.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Uh:confused: .... I think that Padmé was becoming problem for Palpy during the war, she also surprised him in TPM(being so aggressive towards TF), but Padmé is no way seeing Palpy's evilness- totally different really I can see that Padmé trusted Palpy VERY much- she actually says something like that in deleted scenes of ROTS when she leads delegation of 2000 to chancellor who was "her trusted advisor when she was still a queen" or something. She never fully agreed with Palpy in politics, but always respected him very much and didn't suspect ANYTHING... at least before ROTS and still she believed in discussion with him..... Palpy is like dear uncle to Padmé- someone who always listens...or so I have seen their relationship

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I just re-watched the battle of Ryloth arc, starting with Supply Lines and followed by Ambush, Storm Over Ryloth, Innocents of Ryloth and then Liberty of Ryloth. After re-watching this arc, I think this is definitely the order they should be viewed in. But, I still think it should be placed near the end of season one, if not the end of it.