main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Terrio is great. The fact that he's contributing to a Star Wars movie has me really excited. That being said, I'm also a BvS defender, so deal with it.

It also speaks pretty bad of WB if they thought that Seth Grahame Smith of all people would be able to fix the problems and make a great movie for them. Though I did actually like the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter book for what it was.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean I like Argo so....:p

But controversy aside I'm just curious what he would bring to the table that is unique to him, and what would stick even with Abrams directing and how it will be different from the JJ/Kasdan team up

3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I don't know if this is fake, but here's our first look at Episode 9!?

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dr. Steve Brule and Ghost like this.
  5. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Sorry my dude, but it says "Concept" in the title. Also, expand the caption. "This is a Concept Trailer so YES, this video is "Fake" and "Not real". This was not made to fool or scam anyone, it is simply for fans to take a glimpse into what the movie could be like." + credit to several fan films that they borrowed footage from.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  6. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I had a feeling it was fake but for a second I was excited because young Rey looked real.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They've hardly begun filming, if they have even started at all...

@Yunzabit

8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    They started shooting this month.

9. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Drop every other line of discussion. We should still be talking about how Billy Dee is in this movie.

10. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    They start shooting in late July. So depending how late "late" is, they may or may not have started shooting.

11. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Yeah, July is over in a week. When will we hear about filming? I hope the Billy Dee Williams rumors are true. Episode IX's imdb page still is relatively blank. Also, we will probably not get the title until January 2019, since January 2017 was when we heard about "The Last Jedi".

12. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Title in January 2019, teaser and teaser poster at Celebration Chicago and full trailer sometime in October 2019?

Yunzabit likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Still way way too early for a trailer.

14. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Sounds about right

15. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    An article on MovieWeb claims that filming has already begun this week. I would link it here but it keeps making my computer freeze.

16. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Probably because its movieweb. In general, I don't trust them. Over 90% of their stories are clickbait rubbish.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  17. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahahah that description is great

that Lando found Luke's lightsaber in a "Lost and Found box" on Cloud City. I hope that's actual dialogue / de-aged Billy Dee Williams scene of him finding the lightsaber in lost and found. Like the Ugnaunts found it on the surface (is there a surface to Bespin in canon) and then slapped in the Cloud City lost and found?

But stillllll the notion that Lando is one who found Luke's lightsaber on Bespin? not the worst / most illogical thing ever.

Lost and found box, though, yikes!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    If this is true, it makes no sense that Lando would give the lightsaber to Maz and not Luke. If this is true there should be a good explanation why Lando would do this.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, maybe the lost and found box was reallly old. Like 28 years old. Like Luke had already disappeared old. Maz could have been next best bet and/or he couldn't get it to Han or Leia because reasons.

21. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    This would play into my fears that SW is becoming like the MCU where nothing important happens for literally years until when conveniently the next movie comes along. It feels forced and completely unrealistic. Bruce Banner is stuck off planet for years, Captain America is still acting like an outsider despite being on modern Earth for years, Loki impersonates Odin for years without getting noticed etc. We started getting this vibe in 7 when Luke had no trained Jedi after 30 years (but Rey will be an active Jedi just when a movie hits, how convenient). If Lando really lost Luke's saber for 30 years it will be too much, if it isn't already

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair, the very specific instance of a lightsaber being lost at the bottom of a gas giant planet for decades I think is pretty believable.

23. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    And they got all this from Mike Zeroh. [face_plain]

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

25. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    :lando::lando::lando::lando::lando: