main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards The Golden Yodas – The 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony | See you in 2017!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations to another great batch of winners! =D=

I'm so glad we had the Random Award this time around. It really helped inject some much-needed levity into a process that, while mostly fun, can still get overwhelming sometimes. Plus, it's just so much fun on so many levels. Let's do it again next year, too! :D

And oh gawsh, well, thank you for that kind volunteer award. [face_blush] I really did find vote counting to be a rather pleasant respite from work now and then—partly because, well, each new set of votes equals another person participating in the process, and participation is always good. :) And thank YOU, Chyntuck, for all you did to keep this process moving—you really rose to it! @};- (See what I did there? ;) )

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I probably would have been in with a shout for one of those!

Chyntuck likes this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Congrats to everyone; winners and nominees!

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
  5. aleja2

aleja2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Congrats to everyone! =D==D==D=

And lots of sincere thanks to the terrific team who put this together ^:)^ ^:)^^:)^

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yep, considering the team were not able to meet in the same room, brainstorming round a table, you all did a fantastic and bewildering job.

I thought I had it hard just keeping up with what in Fornax was going on.

jcgoble3, Ewok Poet, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    :D Well, I tried to come up with the most random Random Award possible, and it looks like it succeeded! [face_rofl] Congratulations to Kahara! I love a good--and by good, of course, I mean bad-- punny character name. The axolotl just doesn't get enough love (case in point: auto-spell rejects it utterly.)

And thank you to Chyntuck, our Glorious Overseer, for being glorious in her overseeing :) We all appreciate how hard you've worked to put the awards the awards. @};- [:D] ^:)^

Definitely not; he'd be a bad influence on the Youngling... Speaking of bad influences, now I totally want to do the Golden Palpy award (Sheevy?) Maybe next year. ;)

8. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Nice Mass Effect reference, m8... ;)

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Fornax is Star Wars.

As in the Five Fire Rings of Fornax.

Goodwood

pronker and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Is the lava lamp in Ren's Den made with real lava??

Congratulations Ewok Poet, WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, divapilot, JadeLotus, and Kahara!
    =D=@};-

And ^:)^ to Ewok Poet, Kahara and Anakin Solo Revanchist for your awesome dedication to nominating/voting!

I love the volunteer awards! :D Such a fun idea!

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh dear. The Golden Palpies... I sense a lot of lousy puns in the making :D

jcgoble3 and Kahara like this.
  12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Welcome to the JCF Ugohr Poof!
    I'm sure you were joking, but I just want to put out there that something like that will never happen here. We try to keep a very positive and encouraging atmosphere and having a contest of worst fanfics certainly would not be along those lines.

pronker, jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    ^ Glad about that. That rubbed me the wrong way and...yeah, I had an impulsive reaction to it. Sorry. [face_blush]

I needed to fix my horrible sleeping schedule (the reason is mentioned somewhere in the pet peeves thread and it explains a lot of things), but if I got this well, I have three weeks of colours, if not even more, given that people had them for regular awards last year? Wow. That's quite something. Can I go from one cheesy weird poke-your-eyes-out combination to another every week? :p

That said, I am immensely proud of how Kahara and I, in some way, served as tastemakers. :) The nomination process was really fun. I discovered what I think is one of the best stories on the boards ever in Beyond, which it had zero replies before I picked it up. I ended up nominating people who don't like me - or so I got the impression, because their writing was fun. I nominated the stuff I never saw up here and it had quite a few readers. And so on.

I had no idea what an axolotl was before I saw that nomination, so I ended up asking a friend what was the deal with it. That said, I think there's a "Has Bin" in the story I mention in the previous paragraph.

Thanks for the reviewer award in Before, too!

Many thanks to everybody who made this possible. I'm not good at saying stuff and I don't like superlatives; so just a huge thank you for all the time these eleven people took away from their schedules in order to make this happen. Whatever the framework is, it can probably be re-used year after year with minor changes to the copy and some trend monitoring; which is awesome!

I had comments on the skit, but I don't dare post them. [face_blush]

Kahara, Findswoman and Sith-I-5 like this.
  14. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    i pop in 2 say: conglaturations to all of the winners.

(and i hope to be a nominee when I *eventually* write a story) :p

15. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I know of the axolotl from two places: there's an axolotl in Animal Crossing by the name of Dr. Shrunk who pops by occasionally and teaches your character emotions, and from the Salamander Goo song :p

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    THE 2016 FAN FICTION AWARDS CEREMONY IS BROUGHT TO YOU TODAY BY PETS ‘N’ PIECES, CORUSCANT’S PREMIER PET STORE

The Pets ‘N’ Pieces logo, a pair of wriggling multi-legged kouhuns, appears on screen.

At Pets ‘N’ Pieces, you'll find everything from the cute and cuddly... [a pink haired Theelin child plays tug-of-war with a womp rat pup. The rat finally wrestles the rope away from the giggling Theelin; she runs over and gleefully hugs the slobbering, snarling pup] ...to the wild and woolly [three Tusken Raiders try to control a bucking bantha. It rears onto its hind legs, pulling its reins away from the Tuskens. It charges and the Raiders scatter, howling as they run].

Our fully certified staff will teach you how to care for your new friend with love and kindness. [An employee urges a nervous looking man wearing a heavy leather gauntlet and armed with a shock staff towards a rancor cage. He extends a trembling hand to pat the rancor, but passes out before he does.]

Don’t forget, the spring shipment of sarlacc spores just arrived; they make perfect pets for your younglings! [A boy pulls his mother towards a sand pit full of tiny sarlaccs. He leans over, pointing excitedly and almost falls in. Mom pulls him back and the two hug, laughing.]

If you can’t find it in our store, it may find you! [A customer browses among cages of narglatch and dinkos. Suddenly four huge, writhing tentacles emerge from the aisle behind him. Just before they seize him, the logo flashes up again.]

Pets ‘N’ Pieces: located in Pom Plaza, in the heart of CoCo Town, right next to the Hungry Hutt All-You-Can-Eat Buffet!

[​IMG]

ANNOUNCER: Presenting the Author Categories today are the 2015 winners for Best Canon Relationship in Saga, Han Solo and Leia Organa.

Han and Leia make their entrance from opposite ends of the stage. Leia sees Han and stops in astonishment. Han sees Chewbacca sitting amidst the audience and stops in astonishment.

“Han! What are you doing here?”

“Chewie? What are you doing here?”

They turn around to look at each other and speak at the same time again.

“He’s dead.”

“You’re dead.”

Han is getting angry. “Do I look dead to you?”

Leia tries to reason with him. “Does he look dead to you?”

Han lets his eyes wander around the theatre and spots two young men and a young woman sitting in the third row on the left-hand side. He waves at them. “Kids, Her Worshipfulness is losing it again.”

Leia glances in the same direction, then turns to a young man with wavy black hair sitting in the fifth row on the right-hand side. “Ben, your dad is being a nerf-herder again.”

Han looks at Leia curiously. “Leia, Ben is Luke’s son, not my son.”

Leia looks at Han with increasing concern. “Han, Luke doesn’t have a son.”

They exchange another puzzled look. “What is this?” Han finally asks. “An alternate universe or something?”

Leia shakes her head. “This is all very confusing.”

There is an awkward silence. “Let’s do what we came here to do,” Leia says. “We’ll sort this out later. Do you have the envelopes?”

Han extracts two envelopes from his jacket's inner pocket and hands her one. “Here you go. Best New Author.”

Leia eyes the gooey stains on the crumpled paper with visible distaste. “Is that rathtar slime?”

“What’s a rathtar?”

She stares at him for a moment, obviously wondering if he's pulling her leg, then shrugs and opens the envelope.

“The nominees for Best New Author in Saga are:
    Annia Piet​
    gaarastar58​
    jcgoble3​

And the winner is: gaarastar58!

“The nominees for Best New Author in Beyond are:
    Admiral Volshe​
    Annia Piet​
    Count Malvern​
    jcgoble3​
    TheLastTalon​

And the winner is: Annia Piet!

The audience erupts in thunderous applause as the winners come forward to receive their Golden Yodas. Han waits until they have returned to their seats and opens the second envelope.

“The nominees for Best Author in Before are:
    ardavenport​
    Findswoman​
    K'tai qel Letta-Tanku​
    leiamoody​

And the winner is: Findswoman!

“The nominees for Best Author in Saga are:
    AngelQueen​
    ardavenport​
    Findswoman​
    JediMaster_Jen​
    Lady_Misty​
    laloga​
    serendipityaey​
    taramidala​

And the winner is: Findswoman!

“Again? Did I mix up something?” Han fumbles with the cards a little. “No, I got that right. Moving on...

“The nominees for Best Author in Beyond are:
    divapilot​
    Falcon​
    Kahara​
    ThreadSketch​

And the winner is: divapilot!

“The nominees for Best Author in Sequel Trilogy are:
    divapilot​
    JadeLotus​
    Sara_Kenobi​
    taramidala​
    ZaraValinor​

And the winner is: taramidala!

More thunderous applause as the winners come on stage and make their acceptance speeches. Han and Leia finally bow to the audience and the announcer says, “And with this, ladies and gentlebeings, the 2016 Fan Fiction Awards Ceremony is over. We hope that you enjoyed it and...”

The end of the announcement is drowned in the noise of the crowd standing up to leave. Leia wraps an arm around Han as they make their way backstage. “It’s good to see you again.”

“It is. Now let’s go and sit in the Falcon’s lounge and you can tell me –”

“The Falcon isn’t here, Han. Rey took it to Ahch-To to find Luke and –”

“Whoa, wait. What’s Ahch-To? And who’s this Rey who took my ship in the first place?”

And the curtain falls.

[​IMG]

Pets ‘N’ Pieces commercial written by Raissa Baiard
    Han & Leia announcement written by Chyntuck
    Pets ‘N’ Pieces logo courtesy of Mr Chyntuckopoulos
    Awesome Golden Yoda drawing, like all the rest, by the one and only Raissa Baiard!

Kahara, Tarsier, jcgoble3 and 8 others like this.
  17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Ha, I loved the cross-universe confusion!

Congrats to the very deserving winners!

18. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Not surprised about most of these. Congratulations. :)

Also, where are the credits for today's skit, so I could know whom to thank for what? :D

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  19. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Oops! In my enthusiasm to post the last day, I forgot the credits! That's been fixed now, thanks!

Kahara, yahiko and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Those awards would have been perfect if I had won a prize... (that's true I have no fanfiction here, maybe next year :p).
    Anyway, very nice moments and congratz to everyone.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations especially to those authors who won across eras. And the new authors, wonderful. =D=

22. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Wow! Very surprised by this, especially given the other authors in the category! Thank you very much to anyone who voted or nominated me, and for that matter anyone who waded through my whitterings over the last year! :)

The cross universe confusion had me in stitches! Thanks again to all those that worked so hard to put this whole thing together, and particularly for an impressively entertaining awards ceremony!

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    With all the volunteers being lauded yesterday, I did wonder if the six days of categories had fully completed all that was on those voting forms.

Congrats to nominees and winners!

Findswoman, well done, winning across two eras; and the wonderful Han and Leia skit boosted up to eleven by Han referencing the achievement!

Thank you and well done to all who contributed award hosts, commercials, logos, and gifs.

Kahara, pronker, Chyntuck and 3 others like this.
  24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Wow- thank you so much! I'm so honored! There are so many excellent writers here. Congratulations to all the nominees and to the winners!

25. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    A hearty congratulations to all the nominees and winners! It was an incredible round of authors and fanfictions I got to work with this year.

And a big mazel tov to Chyntuck and all the other volunteers who helped this total noob with respect to the awards pick up the nuances of how it all works. Y'all are the greatest!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.