main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The explanation is Lucas failed to foresee how popular Maul's character would become and thus had no choice to bring him back.

Marco1907 likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    First you waste a character with potential, then you bring him back by some **** explanation. I hope TPTB learn from the example and don't kill off intriguing characters too soon.

3. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Just had a thought:

Although I think that the Inquisitor is completely awesome I'm actually hoping that he is used sparingly on this show. I mean I wouldn't want him to appear in say every other episode failing to capture and-or kill any of the crew. I think it would be a good idea for Rebels to introduce one or two more serious villains aside from the Inquisitor and Agent Kallus. That way we keep things a little more balanced and the crew would have more to worry about.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Your going to have a bad time arguing about that.

5. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I actually changed my disposition on the Maul on page 38 when I said, "I suppose I should be considerate, since I am glad Revan returns in TOR, even if it is not how I would have done his return." To elaborate, if I am glad Revan has returned and there are fans that aren't, I should be understanding of fans who relish the resurrection of Maul. So my case against Maul and Opress is dropped. Frankly, had the Sons of Dathimir story arch been available when I was a Maulite back during Episode I, I would have been thrilled! I do maintain that the Return of Maul is not my taste these days, but I respect the fans who enjoy his return.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I'd like a decent answer on why the inquisitors lightsaber sounds so much not like a lightsaber. Also I think the Inquisitor so far is one of the best "canon" villains since Darth Maul. I didn't like how they handled their top villains in Clone Wars with the exception of Cad Bane.

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Lightsabers have always had a few different activation sounds. The Inquisitor's sounds a lot like Savage's did.

8. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Yeah, but this sounds the furthest from a lightsaber we've ever heard. It doesn't even hum it makes a cool sound that sounds like wind blowing almost.

9. Dark-lord97

Dark-lord97 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    He works surprisingly well as a villain. Really like his fancy and calcylating personality, his grim tricks(like in his first episode), and of course, the voice! By Jason Isaacs, the man who happened to be the one who provided the voice of Commander Zhao in Avatar The Last Airbender(one of the best shows ever) and who also played the part of Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Wait he played Zhoa woe that is the 6th person from avatar to be in rebels/Tcw.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt that his status on Naboo declined when he became Chancellor.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    They've done well to protect him and presented the perfect fearful atmosphere

13. Dark-lord97

Nov 8, 2014

I agree, and I hope they keep it that way. I don't want him to chase and fight the heroes in every episode. It's been a good mix of Agent Kallus and The Inquisitor so far, I hope they keep it that way as well as adding other villains. I don't think The Inquisitor will live through the entire series though, it might get a little repetetive in the end so I think they are gonna kill him off after this or next season.

Yes man! Dante Basco who played Zuko voiced Ezra's red haired friend in the last episode! :D

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I hope he is more effective next time he challenges the heroes.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He's quite effective already; the Inquisitor cannot kill any of the heroes off just yet.

Dark-lord97 likes this.
  16. Dark-lord97

Nov 8, 2014
    Yes, he barely even took a scratch or a cut in his battle against Kanan, he was just playing with them.

This man is extremely dangerous.

Revanfan1 and DanielUK like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know thats why I like that episode.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Precisely.

19. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Nice, but it still didn't accomplish anything.

Marco1907 likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    He, uh... as he fell, his intense hatred gave him focus. He reached into his own flapping entrails (either with his hands, or with the Force) and tied off his severed abdominal aorta, preventing himself from bleeding out. Then he used the Force to guide his fall, grabbing onto something near the bottom to give him a soft landing into a garbage receptacle, which was then automatically loaded by droids into a garbage truck starship, which then departed Naboo and set course for Lotho Minor. The rest is history.

Nope. I mean, the current Senator or congress critter of, say, Texas (just as an example) couldn't just stroll into the reactor room or any of the inner workings of Squaw Creek or STNP whenever he felt like it. You need all sorts of clearances for that, no matter who you are.

On the other hand, he was a Sith lord, not that anyone else knew. He could easily have killed / mind-tricked anyone necessary to allow him access. Still, I don't think he had anything to do with it - he was on Coruscant at the time I believe.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why would Sidous save him anyway its obvious that he did not no Maul still lived.

22. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    At least you had an attempt. Of course there would actually have to be a garbage chute. It looked more like a power plant than a garbage dump. He would then have to survive the long journey. You wouldn't expect the garbage to be given an oxygen supply on this interstellar journey. On the planet, how did he get the spider legs I wonder?

Can't believe Sidious was involved. For one thing, the novelization says he sensed Maul's death, which is canon. Clearly TCW tells us he got this wrong, but it also further indicates that he didn't know about Maul's survival.

23. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009
    Somehow we're on Maul's survival on the Inquisitor thread. Ok.

Maul's survival seems to me to clearly be the work of Mother Talzin. Who knew Maul was still alive? Talzin. Who has shown the ability to heal and transform people's bodies and shape cybernetics through their own power? Talzin. Who has been shown to be able to reach out and manifest herself and her power over interstellar distances? Talzin.

Who had the means, the motive, and the opportunity to save Maul? Talzin. Her fingerprints are all over it.

24. EntechednReformatted

EntechednReformatted Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2009
    If I had one wish about the Inquisitor, I would have actually preferred it if he was not Force sensitive. I think that could have been really interesting. Just have a guy who had studied the Jedi intensively, who was strong-willed enough to resist Jedi mind tricks, who was a skilled enough swordsman to wield a lightsaber competently (like Pre Visla), and who could rely on his "cheat mode lightsaber" and some other technological aids to replicate Jedi abilities, all so he could successfully engage Jedi while convincing the rest of the galaxy that all of this Force stuff really was just a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense. I consider it something of a missed opportunity.

Still, the character as-is should make an interesting villain.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont dislike this Inquisitor as a character and type of character. I would like Maul to be the one to kill him, rather than the typical Jedi vs Sith. Would make for a more interesting twist and to hear Duel of Fates again would be sweet.

DanielUK likes this.