main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just can't get into the idea of this guy being in Rebels, regardless of what the EU may have said about inquisitors. He doesn't need to look like a cross between the Son and Maul, wearing a uniform that looks like a cross between Vader and a regular Imperial officer. But he does. And if we need to see any Force users helping track down and destroy Jedi, it should be rare appearances by Vader IMO. As I said before, stormtroopers in overwhelming numbers can be shown taking care of Jedi the majority of the time.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Exactly. He just seems like a forced character, and an unnessary replacement for something as chasing a group of non-force wielding rebels on the run. Vader could have done all that, and if they needed another rebel hunting Sith, then I'm sure Maul would have sufficed in this case, as well. I mean, why bring in any more Force Users at this juncture, especially when their kind had supposedly been extinguished and forgotten?

3. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I hope that he's like a shadow trooper who only gets brought in to situations due to extreme circumstances - as Vader should be spending his time hunting Jedi and not squashing non-force sensitive rebel groups. Hopefully (IMO) he is essentially like an Nazi SS commander who happens to have some force sensitivity - but little real training. He's more there because of his will to do terrible things to dissenters. The Kaiser Soze/Hans Landa of Imperial Officers.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Some Force sensitivity? How do you know that? He seems like a full blown Sith Lord to me — what with his double bladed lightsaber, and all. I can't imagine someone not being too Force sensitive using that kind of weapon.

5. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm just saying that I hope he's not unnecessarily powerful - like starkiller pulling star destroyers out of the sky...I guess what I mean is more as the character's mindset. My hope is that he is force sensitive but really doesn't care to focus on it for anything much than intimidating imperial subjects. More of a practical view of force powers, less spiritual (Jedi) or Dogmatic (Sith) - Kinda how Mara Jade viewed her force abilities in the thrawn trilogy - practical power, not a way of life.

RJ Carey likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Has anybody else noticed that all "Sith" in the movies and in TCW are Darths? Might GL consider being a Darth a requirement for being a "Sith"?

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You need to read moe EU material

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Who the hell uses a double-bladed lightsaber that isn't a Force User?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Baron Orman Tagge did use a normal lightsabre. And the Imperial Inquisitors were not sith, some of them were Force users yes, but being an evil Force user don't automatically make you a sith

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    For one thing, Baron Tagge used it more like a rapier and not some twirling weapon, and it wasn't a double-bladed lightsaber, either. Second, he got his ass handed to him every time he fought someone with it, and that includes an inexperienced manboy named Luke Skywalker.

Grievous was 95% cyborg, and so I give him a pass. Han had used it once, but was careful with it.

Considering the dangers inherent of not practicing and using such a weapon properly, a lightsaber could inflct the kind of damage that could sever limbs, or even fatally wound the user. A double-bladed lightsaber would be even worse in learning how to use it. The Jedi would have the agility and instinct in how to use it, though, but it's something that needs to be taught and practiced.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I said that Baron Tagge used a normal 'sabre and I don't get your point.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I sorta like the idea but I'll change my tune really quickly if he's overpowered or has "Darth" in front of his name.

Beyond that...once I get past his saber I think he's kind of cool-looking. I'm hoping he's a threatening badass without being over the top...I'd like to see a good threat to the Rebellion without having to suspend disbelief/accept a Villain Stu.

13. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    In the EU, which you mention, Ventress's lightsabers could connect to become a double bladed lightsaber. Yet, she was not a "full blown Sith Lord."

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    My point is, it's a weapon that only a Jedi can use efficiently, and without killing themselves with it. Sure, I can picture someone other than a Force User trying to use it, but not to the point where they can use it as a parrying weapon. At least not for a long time, that is. That would take skill, probably years, in fact.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So you don't think the Inquisitor could bee focusing on swordplay and be lacking in other areas?

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    My point is, he's a Sith Lord, too.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why do you think that?

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, look at him.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I see a Pau'an male with the typical red markings in a armour remising of a Imperial officers uniform wielding a lightsabre of unusual design

20. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Well there's two new names of ships floating around, the Phantom and Jedi Hunter Frontier. The second definitely sounds like the Inquisitor's ship and I'm willing to bet that the Phantom could be a starfighter.

Revanfan1 and newdawn12 like this.
  21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Yea, I definitely have to disagree with you drawing the conclusion that he's a Sith lord just because he wields a double bladed lightsaber...

First of all, force sensitives do NOT automatically fall into either Jedi or Sith category. So if you're saying that he could not wield that kind of weapon without the force - Okay. (I still disagree to an extent - but for the matter of the debate, I'll agree with your point.) So he "must have the force to be proficient and effective with that weapon." That does NOT mean he has to be a Sith...

Sith are extremely traditional and dogmatic. They are members of an elite religious society.
    Assajj Ventress - not a sith.
    Savage Opress - not a sith.
    Pong Krell - not a sith.

These are just the ones with double-bladed lightsabers...
    There are plenty of other examples in the EU of non-Jedi/Sith using single bladed lightsabers
    Mara Jade
    Lumiya
    Jerec
    Kyle Katarn

The list goes on....This guy is NO SITH.

22. SkywalkerSquadron

Feb 2, 2013
    I agree with all of this, except I think Savage Opress was a Sith. I checked Wookieepedia and it agrees with me.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Savage was not a Sith. He doesn't behave like one and he's not a Darth.

24. SkywalkerSquadron

Feb 2, 2013
    Darth is not a title automatically given to all Sith.

25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Maul declared himself and Savage as Lords of the Sith. Whether or not they were "mainstream" Sith, they were still Sith because they followed the Sith Code.