main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mini Series The Inquisitors (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by nld3, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Exactly!! And more importantly, I think Tarkin is a very intelligent individual, but he is there basically to show how dogmatic and narrow minded the imperials can be. He is pretty much dead wrong every time he talks about the Force: he says Obi Wan is dead in ANH; he says there are no more Jedi anymore in Rebels season 1, and that Kanan is therefore not a Jedi, but an impostor trying to use some "meager skills" to pose as one. He was also, by the way, absolutely certain that the rebel attack to the Death Star in Yavin posed no threat at all. He was wrong every time, and it cost him his Star Destroyer, and eventually his life.

There is nothing to indicate that just because a character gives an opinion about an in-universe fact/situation, it should be considered a definitive answer to such matter. Vader openly disagrees with him and ends up being right by doing so every time... so personally I´m keeping my expectations as open wide as possible, to give a chance to the writers to present the story as they see fit, and hoping that they keep all of these points in mind while doing so...

Jarrus, Darth Marcia, BliTTzZ and 3 others like this.
  2. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I agree, and I feel Tarkin and the Empire are putting up a front, as well as propaganda to diminish the notion of Jedi survivors and the power of an ancient religion compared to their military might. Tarkin is quick to dispose of the notion of anything or anyone getting in the way of the Empire, but it's not realistic and actually proves to be wrong.

BliTTzZ, Ithorians and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    Having force wielders prancing about with light sabers all over the galaxy and using force powers and having it be "okay" just because technically they aren't "jedi knights" is a giant slap to the face of continuity. It also takes away from the bleakness and hopelesness that prevaided ANH. Luke really is the last and only hope of another force wielder that can bring the jedi back. It really makes no sense any other way.

4. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    For me, this is the scenario: Star Wars is set in a galaxy that has Force sensitives to the number of thousands less than 20 years before ANH. They were hunted down by a regime that doesn´t tolerate these Force wielders because they have abilities that no "normal" person can match. There is proof that some Force wielders saved themselves from the original purge and went into hiding, and that new ones are born/discovered every day.

If one considers all these elements, the idea that the Empire will use some force users to hunt down the ones they perceive as threats makes every sense to me. In fact, I would find very strange that they didn´t try to recruit some of them as agents, because it´s an available resource that brings every advantage to those who wield it, and to assume that every single Force user, Jedi or not, will be inherently against the Empire would be to simplify things a little too much!

So, just as a personal view, I can´t really buy that every single Force user in the galaxy is gone. Beyond everything else, it would imply that suddenly people stopped being born with Force abilities in those 15 years between ROTS and Rebels. As long as there is the Force in SW the Empire/equivalent regime will have the need to have agents to counter those who use it to oppose them, so the Inquisitors still make much sense to me up to ROTJ and beyond, like in the old canon. If they end up being gone by ANH, it´s interesting too, I´m just hoping for a better explanation that "this way it doesn't clash with Tarkin´s opinion", and I really think they will provide it...

MrDarth0, Darth Marcia and BliTTzZ like this.
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The largest organization of Force Wielders in the Galaxy was the Jedi. And almost all of them perished in Order 66. We know of only four survivors, one of which only lived because the Emperor wanted her alive.

There are no other Force-Wielding organizations left that we know of. The Nightsisters are all dead. The Dagoyan Masters would have been purged by the Empire with effortless ease.

Yes, new Force-Sensitive beings will be born. But there is a monumental difference between Force-Users and Force-Wielders. To possess the gift of the Force is one thing. To know how use it any way is something completely different. That is something that has to be taught by someone else who knows it. Even Rey needed to experience Kylo's mind trick in order to be able to use it herself.

These new Force-Sensitives will never develop their talents as there is nobody left to teach them. So the fact that there are only a handful of Force-Wielders left in the Galaxy is not hard to believe at all.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  6. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely. In fact Luke had immense Force potential and grew up to be a teenager without ever being spotted. One could say this is proof that there were never Inquisitors around, but we know there are active ones up to what, 2, 3 before BBY?

The point is, these individuals have the potential to become Force users. Sources like the Marvel comic are showing us that there is nowhere near a complete erasing of Force wielding information, from holocrons to lightsabers to diaries. Sure, it´s not easy information to find, but unless the Emperor is 100% sure there are absolutely no Jedi around, why would he take the risk to allow those Force potentials to become powerful enemies if he can make them servants without much problem?

What I´m saying is that Rebels has shown us the Empire actively looking for these individuals both within the Empire military and beyond, among the civilian population. Hence the need for Inquisitors. For this to change there should be a logical in universe explanation.

Jarrus and Darth Marcia like this.
  7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, according to Pablo Hidalgo, the Inquisitors don't kidnap those Force-sensitive younglings to train them as new Inquisitors, but rather to see if they have any ability to see into the future. If they do, they deliver the younglings to Palpatine for some nefarious purpose. If they don't, the Inquisitors kill them.

The Inquisitors don't come from younglings trained from youth. But rather from jaded or fallen Jedi like the former Temple Guard that became the Grand Inquisitor.

8. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    That´s very interesting! It does sound familiar to me, but can´t really remember where it was from! I was thinking in the Inquisitors finding uses for force sensitive children, but not necessarily within the Inquisitorius.

You think there was always a definitive number of Inquisitors around? I always remember the 7th sister and the 8th bother talking of a good number of Inquisitors active in season 2, but I can´t imagine a really large number of them, since they are so specific and get a fairly high level of authority around military personnel.

I´ve always believe that if the Inquisitorius ends, it will be because either they become something else, or because they themselves are actively trying to take each other out to get higher in the hierarchy. They appear to be very selfish and individualistics after all, hardly good team players, it would seem...

9. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    what about the temple guards in Rouge One

I like that backstory well there all jedi that turn to the dark side

10. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I find it very interesting too, but I think the 6th Brother could end up being proof of the contrary...

Darth Marcia likes this.
  11. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    what
    But he was an adult and it was a year later after order 66. He could have had a hard time because he had recently just turn to the Dark Side and was justed geting used to the change

Vialco likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi Fallen Jedi Master welcome to the boards. :) I'm just here to tell you not to post more than once in a row, as it constitutes spam. Use the edit button to add to a post; edit times vary across the boards, but here the edit window is 1 hour.

13. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Makes sense, I like that idea. However, the way he spoke about the Jedi to Ahsoka makes me think that he didn´t have a direct part on the Order, and the way he fought made Ahsoka conclude that he had little lightsaber training. It´s also perfectly possible that he wasn´t a Jedi at all. This is why, at least to me, it´s so exciting the chance to get to know more about the Inquisitorius beginnings in the new Vader comic... right now every option is pretty much as valid as the next one, but we are soon getting a more complete lore on the subject that brings some light into this alternatives...

14. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017

thank you I will make sure that never happens again

well I guess we will found out in June anyways

ok every body since I am new here I would like to say is in my star wars universe the old EU and the New EU are canon. so remember back in season 2 when everyone was guessing who the new inquisitor was. where it turn out to be a new character ( Seventh Sister).
    lets go back and see what happen to the suspects in my star wars universe

1. Mara Jade: like I said in my universe both EU's are canon so same history
    2. Lumiya: same history
    3. Maris Brood: same history
    4. Barriss Offee: ok so in my canon after she was taken away for her crimes of the Republic. The Jedi Order was able to turn her back to the light side, where she became a Jedi Knight and the events after to order 66 are same as the old EU, but she survived the blast on Felucia and was able to escape the plant. She later was captured by the Empire and was turn into a Inquisitor.
    5. Asajj Ventress: same as Canon, she is killed by Count Dooku
    6, Ezra's mother: dead along with her husband.
    7. Dhara Leonis: Rescured by her Brother
    8. Katooni: don't know what happen to her
    9. Aayla Secura: ok only one person wanted her as the Inquisitor in Rebels on here. so since she's not a inquisitor and I have no plans with her. I guess she stays dead.
    10. Depa Billaba: In my Star Wars Canon, she survives Order 66 with out Kanan knowing. She becomes a Dark Jedi for the Empire, but not a Inquisitor. Just a Dark Jedi that surves the Empire
    11. Darth Maul: due I really need to explane anything on this one
    12. Mace Windu: in this Star wars animated fan film, he survives the fall and Palpatine recovers him a few days later and gets turn to the dark side by him. He is sent to kill Obi-wane and Yoda, sadly he dies in the end, but I think he reforms a minute before he gets cut in half and dies. ( I count fan films as Canon as long as they are taken serious and doesn't effect Canon.)

but any ways the last two were from YouTube where at least two people were hoping it would be one of them. So after the Inquisitor was revealed to be Seventh Sister it didn't affect me to much as now the suspects have there fates revealed in my canon
    now for people who wonder who Eighth Brother was going to be, until he was revealed.
    1. Barriss as I said on top
    2. Snoke his backstory will most likely be revealed in the furture.
    3. Starkiller his story is still part of my star wars universe

really after that people were really just wondering what his species were.
    yeah the most people thought Seventh Sister was going to Barriss before and even after. second person before the reveal was Ventress. so what do you guys think.

15. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    From your list, Barriss has the most potential when it comes to writing another Inquisitor into the Rebels series. I'd personally like to see her as the new Grand Inquisitor. I'd like a backstory where she and another Inquisitor engage Luminara, one gets killed and Luminara refuses to kill Barriss so she is taken into custody by the Empire. Luminaras heart is broken by her former apprentices turn, so she makes no attempt to escape and concedes to her fate, under the assumption that all hope is lost. That's the only way I can explain what they did with her character.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    You know, I had a revelation a while back about why Luminara was taken alive instead of being executed like all her brethren.

1. We know Barriss Offee wasn't executed at the end of The Wrong Jedi, but rather was held by the Republic.

2. We know that Palpatine could issue exceptions to Order 66, telling the clones not to kill certain Jedi. We know that's what happened in Luminara's case.

3. Why would Palpatine order a random Jedi Master to be taken alive? Unless Luminara was meant to be a vector to persuade Barriss to serve the Empire as an Inquisitor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    How do we know Palpatine ordered the clones not to kill Luminara? I don't remember that being explained...

18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Which is why The Seventh Sister should have been Barriss Offee, instead a random Force user of the same species.

cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  19. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Yeah that's way in my Canon she's a inquisitor and also wa hide Seventh Sister's face if she was a new character, it makes no since. also all those characters above were what people on this site or on youtube wanten the new inquisitor to be ( Seventh Sister) some of these character only one person said they wanten as the inquisitor like aayla sercura there was only person who wanten her as a inquisitor that i know of
    like i said most people wanted it to be barriss
    yeah seems like a thing Palpatine would do

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Vader would never have tolerated her presence. He would have found a way to end her life and make it look like an accident.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    We can only assume, since Rebels is ending, after the events of season two - Vader saw no need for them anymore.

Vialco and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  22. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    well yes but like i said in my star wars universe old EU and new EU i consider canon and the reason i made Barriss a Inquisitor in my canon is because it seem Rebels are done with them.

Just watch a trailer for Star Wars Rebels season 4 is it me our is star wars rebels losing there force

i mean there's no darksider to appear in the trailer, i mean season 3 didn't have a inquisitor instead they had Darth Maul now that he's gone. that means no force user to fight Kanan and ezra and that makes things unfail because theres no challange or mystery. see regular empire officals aren't cool

23. Darth Marcia

Darth Marcia Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2016
    I´m get the feeling that Kanan best way to die would be at the hands of Darth Vader, even if really like him and would be saddened by his death, it would be the best way for me if it has to happen. With that in mind, I think we must see the inquisitors again in the series, the seventh sister said there were many looking for Kanan and Ezra, we just haven´t seen the rest, and for them to disappear completely would be weird...

24. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    yeah i mean this is the last season and there's no darksider insight. hopely in mid-season we will get a final showdown with them

Ithorians and Darth Marcia like this.
  25. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

What fan film has Mace turning to the dark side?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.