main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    what I don't get is what's the source for these 2 descriptions.[face_dunno]

2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I tend to be of the opinion that maybe Arndt's version had the OT characters more in the background, and perhaps peripheral to the overall core narrative of the film. But who knows, maybe some light will be shed on this in the future at some point? However, it's entirely possible his screenplay was just tweaked here and there by JJ and Kasdan so Luke & co were more integral to the film. Arndt's could well have featured the Empire anyway for all we know. And IF all his efforts during the time he was working on it were unceremoniously scrapped by JJ and co, and the whole thing was rewritten from scratch in what, 3-4 months or so was it? Then that does concern me slightly. Not entirely, just a tad ;). But personally I don't feel that was the case. As for the 'nostalgia sake only' point. If that turns out to be the deal with the TFA, it'll quickly become apparent if the story and plot are weak. Which is the nightmare scenario in my eyes.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's the only thing bugging me.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    or the fact that none of the SW reliable sites (Making/SWU) or other movie sites have head anything.[face_dunno]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It got even better after that tweet...

paul gallagher@perthovalman 17h17 hours ago
    @starwars heard jj Abrams wants to release it earlier - summer time

Star Wars@starwars 17h17 hours ago
    @perthovalman 310 days from now is December 18 ;)

0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

VMeran, TheBBP, coxie0520 and 6 others like this.
  6. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    a) Tt sounds like Star Wars too me.
    b) Why would we get a source? The whole point is not to find the source... Would 'this guy who knows the guy who worked on the sets...' give it any sort of credibility?

Granek likes this.
  7. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Well for one it makes sense that imperials still exist. Killing the emperor doesn't make the legions of followers just disappear. Same reason killing Bin Laden doesn't just make the terrorists stop existing. Remnants of crappy people continue to exist. So logically and nostalgically it just makes sense.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Oh Thanks for giving the full picture, didn't notice that.[face_devil]

nightangel and EHT like this.
  9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Exactly.

I've mentioned it a few pages back, but this is the main reason why I am skeptical.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So they are very aware of the rumor, and chose to kill it.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    December 18 is Friday if I'm correct... EU gets their movies on Thursdays... so does that mean rest of the world will watch TFA sooner?! :D

VMeran likes this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    except he never posted anything from "his sources" until yesterday, so in a span of a day he got a source or a friend of a friend.[face_dunno]

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    'The Carousel' scene sounds too much like a mix of scenes from ESB and ANH. It doesn't sound original. Plus, and maybe it's just me, why does nearly every protagonist have to be in the scene? it sounds a little contrived to be 100% legit. But that's not saying there could possibly be a set piece akin to it in the film. Just not like that.
    'The Trader' scene sounds very interesting though. New, fresh. I'm liking it :)

14. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Well I had similar situation on a different board... my friend translates movies so he tends to actually watch them, finished or more likely not, waay before anyone else..it's his job. Sometimes he'd throw me a bone but I never shared the info until one day he told me specific things I could share... so I did and nobody believed me, until couple of months later when the film actually released.

So anything goes with these sort of rumors... this guy could give you more info than SpoilerMan writing a forum version of Old Testament... and you can still ignore it completely.

15. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Is it really uncommon for a ship to be shot at as it's taking off? I'm sure Star Wars movies always do that. It's no different than Star Wars using " I have a bad feeling about this"

I don't see the problem with using some nostalgic references to the OT. This movie has the benefit of taking place after the OT, and after the backlash of the PT movies for some fans, retouching those precious moments in limited ways would be a good thing. We already know there's troops on the 'desert planet' looking for Finn so it's not hard to believe a scene like this would happen. ( look at the teaser with the falcon and x-wings)

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    o_O
    who ever said I will ignore just like I haven't ignored any of the previous rumors whether from a reliable source or not.[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  17. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure the best way to deal with the brevity of Han's 'turning over a new leaf' is for them to pretend that it didn't happen. Of course, he could merely be looking up old friends and acquaintances for a lead on Luke, or form some vital merchandise etc., but I think it would be poor form for them to write Han Solo as just being a smuggler again.

Of course there's a sizeable difference between 'nostalgia' and being plain derivative. If all rumours were to be true we'd be getting droids hiding secret messages, Tatooine, Death Stars (or similar), prison cell breakouts, good guys going bad and injured antagonists wearing black armour and breathing apparatus.

nightangel, starocean90 and T-R- like this.
  18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Wanting to see the film earlier is illogical?!? (now if we were talking Star Trek, yes, I'd see @starocean90's point), but...:p

One never knows... they could still change that date. Or not.

19. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Well, if they want us to "stay on target" how about providing us with some press releases or marketing material? This silence from them is making me disengaged, as I mentioned in the "I Need Spoilers" thread yesterday.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm all for discerning nods to the OT, totally. But Chewy atop the Falcon trying to repair it whilst people frantically flick switches trying to start the old girl? All that scene would need to complete it's unoriginality is for Daisy to ask Han, "Would it help if I got out and pushed?" The Falcon being shot at while it escapes is not the issue

VMeran and Seeker Of The Whills like this.
  21. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Sorry, this is too detailed for it not to be fan fiction and you will most likely just see a teaer at the celebration.

22. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    how do we know these other sites 'sources' are reliable? because they 'told us so' so far nothing Making or the other site has been 'breaking news' or not something we haven't heard from another forums or source. I personally believe all these 'sources' are podoo so they can get hits on their sites

23. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think Han would be undercover and looking for information from his old haunts. Seems like Leia doing the same with all the Hutts.

Sounds like good old, over confident Han telling Finn NOT to worry about the disguise, because no one there cares, yet we have a spy tailing them.[face_devil]

24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Maybe it's a 35-40 year old debt.

25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    This guy's grandson.[face_devil]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.