main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

wow another Solo type? So we have now:

Kylo = rumoured to be a Solo
    Rey= rumoured to be a Solo
    Finn=rumoured to have some characteristics of Solo together with Luke's characteristics
    Poe=rumoured to be a hotshot like Han Solo
    and now Gleeson= rumoured to be a Solo type of character

:rolleyes:

ohh I forgot we also have Han Solo with a bigger role in this movie

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    This is turning out to be the worst movie anyone has never seen.

3. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

Vader was about power, and jealousy, and the desire to control his life and the people in it because of fear
    palpatine desired absolute power. Wanted to rule over everyone.
    maul was all about revenge and hatred, didn't care about anything else
    Dooku wasn't really that angry, but wanted to be on the winning side and bet on the wrong
    side

dekaneas likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's making my eyes pop out.

5. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    Maul was raw
    Dooku was refined
    Anakin was powerful

Its an evolution of the sith that was presented to us in PT. The point of Maul being like Maul was the intention of the character.

6. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Not to mention a Han Solo spinoff on the horizon. Can you say overkill?

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  7. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    The movie is going to be great and J.J. and the crew will have done a marvelous job. One of those things you just feel in your bones. This site along with MSW has been a real pleasure these past few months for me. Luke being in the end is perfectly ok and I'm sure we will see more of him in the future. We seem to have so much about all the cast except for Serkis playing Uber. We have got really nothing other than what SWU came out with back in November.

That to me is the real secret gem of this movie. Who is this new evil and what are their plans.

I know likes this.
  8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    ahhh yep, that's something that happens to me from time to time too. It is also possible he had his cell phone with him, but forgot the charger. [face_sigh]

Maharishineo and starocean90 like this.
  9. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I don't care what the point was..... as far as a character he wasn't developed in the movie. You can say it's intentional all you want it doesn't make him any more interesting character wise. He was a brooding creepy villain but that's about it for me. Darth Vader was a great CHARACTER. That is what I'm referring to. Kylo Ren looks to be someone they will be developing story wise, which will make him a more interesting character.

I already love what I've been hearing about him.

Granek likes this.
  10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I meant Gleeson being a smuggler, non force user

11. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah Maul =Mike Tyson all brawn and skill, Dooku was like Suger Ray Robinson, powerful, skilled and a great puncher.. Anakin= Ali GOAT.. ok I love boxing

City Councilman Binks likes this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    this is something I've been saying since summer that most of the characters seem Solo related or Solo like + add Solo himself.[face_laugh]:p

nightangel likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To be honest, there really has been an awful lot of "Solo" stamped all over the rumored characters/influence/story lines for this film, with a surprising lack of "Skywalker."

And I'm honestly at a bit of a loss as to why?

I mean, even the ever-popular "Leia and her kids are still Skywalkers, so there's your Skywalker" sentiment is still based upon characters which firmly bear the "Solo" mark, as well.

Geez.

14. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

I would very much notice. See the other Wookies in RotS, Mayhew stands out.

15. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

What does Yoda say about friends that die? Rejoice because they're one with the Force. Luke might think the same thing. The Luke that went to save his friends also rushed in and made things worse. I think Luke clearly has a vision (spiritually or logically).

This isn't the only film Luke is going to have to acknowledge the death of his friend. In fact, I think it will probably be integral to VIII and IX. Kylo is still out there and he still needs to pay for his crimes.

16. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    yoda says that, and yet lets Dooku go in order to save Obiwan and Anakin.
    He means once they're gone, rejoice.
    not to sit on your hands and do nothing when you can

17. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    I mean I actually thought the same. Maybe he finally accepted what Yoda taught him but I feel like those would be interesting little moments spread within episode VII. Show Luke struggle than finally accept Yoda's actual teachings that you should rejoice, and then at the end show him ready to teach. VIII would focus on the teaching ala empire.

The thing is it feels very ...NEXT TIME ON STAR WARS right before it gets to something you want addressed a little bit at least ....now.

oh well.

18. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008

Luke didn't let his best friend die. How Luke is responsible for Han dying when he's on another planet. You make it sound like he should know everything and be Superman. I don't think Han, Luke, and Leia have been together for a rather long time by this point in the story. Their paths were very different.

19. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yes, but he also warned Luke not to rush off to save his friends in ESB. Yoda and Ben clearly state in ESB that Luke should be willing to sacrifice Han and Leia if he honors what they fight for. It's the same idea of what Yoda says in ROTS and letting his loved one die as opposed to obtaining the power to save her.

I have complained about many things concerning these new rumors about Luke's lack of screen time, but this aspect I do understand.

JediAce1 likes this.
  20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    So what is Luke doing?

21. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Rey is chosen. Han Solo is Obi Wan. Luke is the Yoda. This film lacks originality.

22. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Yeah, like I said. I have absolutely no problem with the REASONS why he's there. I have problems with the lack of Luke usage at all. Some acknowledgement of what happened with Han. Something .....let us get some Luke words.

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  23. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I think a regular length trailer should be able to hold us over for little bit longer. Unfortunately that might be a couple months yet.

24. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    What if Luke does know Han might be die? What if Luke knows Kylo might do it? What if Luke believes in the good in Kylo and hopes he won't do it? Just speculation. I don't see how it is addressed in the film, but maybe in the novel?

25. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Last time Luke wanted to save his friends Han went all carbonite... this time he knows what to do - he's way ahead of everybody and one with the Force.

It's like watching one of those cheery funerals - just because you don't get it because it's not your culture doesn't mean they're wrong.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.