main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**The Official Lego/K'Nex/Builder's Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Walken, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Yes, just for all us builders, model makers, etc... I use Legos the most, followed by K'nex. Examples of my work:

Robotech VF-1A
    [image=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Steyin/VF-1A/dsc00835.jpg]

Spiegel Gundam from G Gundam
    [image=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Steyin/Gundam-Spiegel/dsc00850.jpg]

ATHF Mooninites (thanks OBI-BEN =P)
    [image=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Steyin/Mooninites/iande.jpg]

Galleries of my work can be found Here

I plan on building another original mecha later this week, and I'll improve upon the Mooninites by the end of the summer after aquiring the proper colored pieces and sizes. I will be making a site dedicated to my creations, with images, instructions, tips, etc.. More on that later on.

Anywho, show off your skills fellow JCer's. I look forward to seeing other people's work, especially yours OBI-BEN ;)

malkie edit 2 after talking to both authors of the LEGO threads we've decided to use this one

2. Balrog_Paradox

Balrog_Paradox Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2003
    I have a giant K-Nex windmill I built when I was seven. Never took it apart, it still sits in my room :cool:

3. Walken

May 3, 2004
    I got the Big Ball Factory over the windmill, though I could have built a huge ferris wheel instead of the BBF.

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Is it true that the Danish parliament building is made out of Lego?

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
  6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I have thousands of legos since I collect them. My best would have to be the lego Star Destroyer, but I haven't finished it yet. :_|

I also have taken up building Gundam models, those are really fun.

I never really got into K'Nex.

7. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I have a big bucket from when I was a kid but I have a few SW models as well.

Is it me or does Lego have a monopoly on their products and never drop the prices at all.

The best you can do is a store discount sometimes. Seriously its really annoying. It doesnt encourage us as collectors at all.

8. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Is it me or does Lego have a monopoly on their products and never drop the prices at all.

No, it's not you. Lego prices have always been ridiculously high.

Sometimes you pay hundreds of dollars just for a few cents worth of molded plastic.

9. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    what your really paying for are the instructions. without those, all you are buying is plastic.

10. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I think the prices are rather reasonable, although I wish they were cheaper too. Where I live I've found Toys R Us has the best prices, as they sell them for the same price as Lego does. Places like Target usually only save you about 10 cents. Sometimes you can find good deals on Ebay though.

11. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I've just noticed a pre-existing LEGO thread :( So, I'm going to lock this one, and redirect you there. I'll also rename that to the Official thread, and ask you to repost your designs in there. They are great btw :)

12. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    up :) now to be used as the official LEGO builders thread !

13. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I've always wanted to see a Lego Nebulon-B Frigate. Anyone seen or tried making one?

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    what? no Tinkertoys? no Lincoln Logs? :p

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    I used to be really into LEGO when I was much younger. I used to make villages, which of course had to include a moon base :)

I have no idea where my LEGO is now :(

16. Walken

May 3, 2004
    I started off with Lincoln Logs when I was 3, then got into Legos at 5. Tinker Toys weren't that good IMO, although I did enjoy the thing you built and put marbles into and they would travel through it.

About Lego prices....

If anyone wants pieces, any piece is at your disposal for cheap. I use Bricklink, plenty of sellers and great prices. Plus they are international.

17. Walken

May 3, 2004
    I got my website up for anyone interested....

Here

18. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    I don't have any Lego or K'Nex at this time, but would love to build some. Any kits you all would recommend.

19. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Also, where can you find K'Nex sets at?

20. Walken

May 3, 2004
    I'd recommend a lot of SW sets, like the X-Wing, Star Destroyer, AT-AT. Other than those, all the ones I loved no longer exist, like the old Ice Planet sets and space monorail. But then again it depends on what your interested in; the Robotics set is also very amusing, nothing like building and programming robots with legos. There's even a remote control lego race car.

As for K'nex, you can buy sets right off of their website, as well as Toys'R'Us or Kaybee. Even some special interest model stores carry Legos and K'nex.

21. Radar

Radar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2004
    I was never into K'Nex much. Lego's are fun though, if you know what you're doing and don't get extremely frustrated easily.

Radar approves this message.

22. Hogrefe_The_Hutt

Hogrefe_The_Hutt Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Don't forget about the many Lego Theme stores in the World, as well as Legoland; even though the one in Denmark is the better of the two. K'nex should open up something similar, their display at Liberty Science Center wasn't enough that one year.

23. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I love LEGOs! I have a ton of SW kits that I played with all the time. :)

24. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
  25. Hogrefe_The_Hutt

Hogrefe_The_Hutt Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    That was CLASSIC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.