main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Transformers. More than meets the eye!

Discussion in 'Community' started by HL&S , Jan 7, 2006.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    So, last week there was a report the movie was going to run 3 hours plus which created a firestorm of sorts. So much so, that Michael Bay had to go to Twitter to debunk that report.

I would be so happy if the film was just 90 minutes long.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wouldn't surprise me since 4 was 170+ minutes long, and they just keep getting longer/stupider/more racist.

How many hate crimes will Marky Mark commit to promote this film, I wonder?

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Depends on how many times he can take a swig of beer.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He thinks Bay is a genius.

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Dementia must be creeping up on good ol' Sir Anthony then.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I can't even hate on the film. I'll go see it. I'll spend the 11 Dollars. Probably on opening week.

then I'll leave the theatre wondering why I did it? Why I do it to myself?

I will say one thing about the first trilogy. They were fun. Last one wasn't fun. This new one doesn't look fun either.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'll most likely see this film in a theater. Why? Optimus Prime.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

and that's probably the reason why I do it. Hell, it's probably the reason a lot of people do.

Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since the first came out.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Good ol' Big Honkin' OP is probably my one reason to even see 'em. He's a childhood hero almost as big as the goddam Batman. But then I remember that I have to endure 3 or so hours of stupidity involving the goofy humans the films inevitably are centered upon and my dignity kicks in to forbid my spending $20 or so bucks on that garbage.

10. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    If I see it in the theater, I'll be sure to take some Dramamine with me. The last one gave me motion sickness.

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I just can't find the desire to watch another one of these. I guess they're good for kids, but just don't see it.

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Extinction was about two hours hours too long then. These films are really great examples of VFX reels standing in for movies.

Has one of them had a coherent plot?

13. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Extinction was about two hours hours too long then. These films are really great examples of VFX reels standing in for movies.

Has one of them even had a coherent plot?

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So, I bought my advance tickets to see The Last Knight on Wednesday.

I'm not at all hopeful for this film. I think it will be on the same level as the previous films, but I want to see the latest adventure of Prime.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/17/...g-away-transformers-live-action-movies-342012

Bay confirms this is his last run.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/17/mark-wahlberg-exit-transformers-live-action-movie-series-342009

As it is for Whalberg.

[​IMG]

Another poster.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/11/hailee-steinfeld-confirmed-bumblebee-movie-341519

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/12/...ipal-photography-plans-bumblebee-movie-341588

Hailee Steinfeld will star in the Bumblebee film and it will be set in the 80's.

Theatrical will be 2 hours and 28 minutes, IMAX will be 2 hours and 32 minutes.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Those horns, around the circular shape of Stonehenge with light coming from its center. If that's not an intentional nod to classic Unicron I don't know what is.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2003
    I was flipping through the channels the other day and Revenge of the Fallen was on. It was at the part where Sam was moving into his dorm and his mom was eating the "organic" brownie and she was going into her "comedic" routine of naivete and I immediately changed the channel. I know her character is no longer a concern, but I don't understand how these scenes make it into the final film. The level of cringe is off the charts. I hope it's at a minimum in Last Knight for ****'s sake.

18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Don't get your hopes up. These type of scenes are a hallmark of Michael Bay directed films.

19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    My expectations are pretty low. I hope to be entertained. I also won tickets so it feels good not to be paying when I see it tonight.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think i'd feel bad even if someone was paying me to see it.

Darth_Invidious and TiniTinyTony like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Michael Bay is leaving? Maybe my dreams of a Verhoven-directed TF movie will come true after all.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Well, Bay didn't have that type of character or scene in AOE and it appears to be that way in TLK. But yeah, it doesn't make sense why Sam's mother is that stupid that she doesn't know what a pot brownie is.

I wonder though.
    I wonder if they're going to use the whole, "Unicron is part of Earth" that was in "Transformers Prime" and thus tie in why Earth has been a focal point and why it would have to die, in order to save Cybertron.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Typical Michael Bay, no surprises. Many cringe worthy dialogue moments - par for the course, with some decent action as one would expect. I will say that the beginning of the movie during the dark ages of England was particularly well shot with the IMAX cameras but other than that nothing really stood out. It will probably kill internationally like its predecessors.

24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    But how racist is it on a scale of 1 - 10. 1 being Transformers 2 and 10 being Birth of a Nation.

Deliveranze likes this.
  25. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    The first one and DOTM I like quite a bit. AOE is several levels below that but ROTF is the only one I truly think is terrible.

Jedi Knight Fett and B99 like this.
  26. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    John Campea's review.