main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Race" Relations (was "U.S. Society and Black Men")

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Merkurian , Aug 11, 2014.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Wur on durgz.

2. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Rogue, obviously that bit was sarcasm. I think that's the about opposite that happens in America though, and it's all built around expectation. I mean, garbage gets put out to the curb every week. Why not modernize the garbage trucks, but fire all the people who collect the garbage? Of course, people would still put their trash out every week, confused and angered about why it doesn't disappear like it has in the past. Sure, if someone invented at home "Mr Fusions," and there was no need for garbage pickup, then it wouldn't be an issue. But it can't be a matter of the garbage only matters if it isn't picked up in front of your house.

It's ironic that this issue is about the exact opposite that was being thrown about back in the Elliot Roger thread. Back then, it was why didn't the police detain Roger because of his threatening writings? Oh, why did the police let him drive around and shoot people? Oh, police have to have more power to intercede with angry people who may be violent. Just a few short months later, it's that the police are doing too much, that they're over-militarized, and running amok.

Next week, some crazed shooter will be gunning down people in a mall or school, and it will be back to why can't there be a faster response?

Of course, reality isn't necessarily based on such extremes.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i dont think it was so obvious. it seemed like you were accusing me of "anti-police rhetoric". nobodys suggesting fire all the police. fire like one or two per department as needed

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Hooray for increasing unemployment!

5. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    And give them each one of the surplus rifles to go out and make their way in the world. All the fired cops could become bank robbers and keep all the cops who are still employed busy, so really, it's win-win.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Pretty sure that Rogue Ten isn't Paul Bremer.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So, Mr44 what do you think is a good solution to this problem of young black men being targeted by the police? Honest question, not snide, at all... I'm genuinely interested in hearing how/if you think this sort of thing should be dealt with.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey so we're back to this point again Souderwan!

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, did he already answer this?

Okay, look.... you know this, but I'll say it anyway. I recently had a surgery, and I now have a post surgery infection. I'm medicated, not retarded. If I miss something and ask about it, just answer me... sheesh. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

im sure some Job Creators will come along and give those hardworking cops jobs

hot and fresh outta the job workshop kilns, no doubt

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

No but it always comes back to this, like it's the only ingredient to "US society and black men".

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm just interested in his perspective on a possible solution. 44 and I are homies... he can answer my honest question.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, such a tunnel vision. There's also the prisons.

14. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I stopped reading this thread for the most part, but wow.

harpua and Ender Sai like this.
  15. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I think I've found the perfect solution to the Ferguson riots. Just move this bad boy to Ferguson and open it up free of charge. I mean who wouldn't love to have a giant water slide running down the street? Stuff like this brings people together and it would also save Cali some much needed water!

Darth Tunes likes this.
  16. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    attempting to placate a defiant citizenry with the application of water isn't a great look

[​IMG]

17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You were just dying to shoehorn that in somewhere, weren't you?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    But talking about race makes us "racist." What's the solution? I'ts simple. But acknowledging the solution will get me labeled. I don't care tho, as I'm not afraid of labels. Ready for the solution?

Families in that community need to stay together. Men need to be fathers. And families need to concentrate on education and report crimes and criminals.

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    We're talking about racism, J-Rod... racism. Racial profiling and targeting, to be specific.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i talk abotu race all the time j-rod. and i do so without paralyzing fear of being called a racist

among the many benefits of devoting time, effort and introspection to the topics of race and racism

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    http://time.com/3132635/ferguson-coming-race-war-class-warfare/][/url] Looks like Enders and Kareem Abdu'l-Jabbar are reading from the same playbook:

Darth Tunes likes this.
  22. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Uh, nope. No. It doesn't. Where on earth did you get that idea?

How exactly is this going to change institutionalized racism? Just wondering. Did the cop know whether or not Mike Brown was from a nuclear family when he shot him?

Excerpted - from the first page of the thread:
    Look J-Rod. She followed your invaluable advice! Your simple solution! Guess what, her son is still dead.

To whom, exactly? The cops that keep killing them?

23. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    So it says nothing about the community that a guy was stopped for walking down the middle of the street and he just happened to have robbed a store? He wasn't profiled, he was jay walking.

And if Ms. Brown took my advice, where was Daddy? I can't tell you how important a father is. People love to down play that fact. If a community, be it poor or ethnic, wants to rise above racism and profiling they have to quit committing a disproportionate amount of crime. And to do that you need fathers to keep sons in line. You need fathers to teach boys how to become men.

It isn't a race issue. It's a family issue.

And if you don't bum rush a cop holding a gun on you, you stand a better chance of not getting shot. From what we know, if there is a police issue in Furguson, this isn't an example of it. And if the issue needs a face, Michael Brown is a poor choice.

JediSmuggler likes this.
  24. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    How are family values and community cohesion the solution to police shootings?

The short term solution seems blindingly obvious to me. Remove the firearms from the equation. If the policeman hadn't had a gun then nobody would have been shot. Simple as that.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    I will never, ever understand the conservative practice of vilifying single mothers.