main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Vader in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Charon Lefleur, Jul 8, 2015.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lucasfilm has a different owner than it had in 2010

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Nice. If Vader is female now, I can definitely consider having the hots for her. #lesbian

3. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    He looks like he really has to pee.

4. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

I read Rumours that Vader is going to get Really Brutal in the Movie, from his normal choke outs, to Lightsabre throws, decapitations, using the force to throw bodies in the way of blaster fire etc. I hope we see him go full HAM and just ruin people.

5. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Really? What happened?

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, I've also heard about this Prowse business, but I don't know what went down.

7. DarthHykill

DarthHykill Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015
    Did some research and it says he was banned cause he was annoying George Lucas

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

8. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Lol. Prowse did a good job as Vader. Jones may have been the voice, but Prowse was responsible for the mannerisms. He deserves credit.

9. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I think it all started back in 1977. Lucas never told Prowse his voice wouldn't be used in ANH. Basically, Prowse sat in the theatre and when Vader spoke for the first time, he heard someone else, not himself. Later, when they were filming ESB or just before the premiere, Prowse revealed something from the script he wasn't allowed to (yes, the "I am your father" part). And then in ROTJ Lucas decided to use Shaw as Anakin. The whole falling-out seems silly to me, but I guess they just didn't get along from the beggining.

Big Boss and Shaak Ti like this.
  10. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Prowse was also miffed that they got somebody else for the handprint ceremony at the Chinese theater. Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker were invited but not Prowse. He resented not benefiting from the popularity of Star Wars as much as the others.

Evening Star and Shaak Ti like this.
  11. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Killed by vader in Vader's first scene. Not a Rebel, just a commoner in the way.

Is bob anderson in good health?

kegs202 and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  12. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    He died over 4 years ago.

BTW, I can't believe nobody had your username until now. :p

13. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    It has already happened in the new Star Wars on-going series. He's pretty scary there, completely unstoppable.

Big Boss, La Calavera and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Do you mean in "The Rebels" Cartoon Series? Anyhow I mean it's going to be Violent! :D

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Nah, he's referring to insanities like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or this:

[​IMG]

Have I mentioned that all of that happens in the same series and he gets out of it with barely a scratch?

16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Lucas retconned Vader as the Chosen One. If anyone can do amazing ****, it should be him.

Big Boss and Darth Downunder like this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    & there's no issue with continuity with the OT IMO. In the OT Vader always held back. Firstly bcs it was just old Obi-Wan. He wanted to taunt him & take his time before finishing him off. Then it was his son where he was conflicted &/or had another agenda. We've still never seen suited Vader in full attack mode.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    I personally have no problem with just accepting that the OT was limited in how they could portray Vader in action because it was the freaking 80s.

But your logic does work, especially in regard to Luke. With Obi-Wan, less so. But I say it doesn't matter.

People who expect Vader to be portrayed how they portrayed him in the 80s are living on another planet, and that planet is spinning on a string in an Ed Wood film.

19. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Dra---

Thanks for telling me I live in the Matrix because the planet I live on seems to be perfectly normal.

ANH and ESB were scripted and shot in the 1970's and I don't see the pressing need - other than to satisfy "fan service" - to portray Vader as a one-man army, unless he's isolated or really mad.

By the time of the OT he doesn't need to participate in such mundane activities, he's got the stormtroopers at his disposal as cannon fodder to clear the way for him (as witnessed in the takeover of Princess Leia's ship in ANH).

Big Boss, Sarge and Dra--- like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The pressing need is for teenagers who will decry anything that isn't super-spectacular and fast as "lame". James Bond also fights different than he did in the 70ties.

21. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Vader in battle *shudders*

There's a chance for some iconic scenes.

I want Rogue One to do extremely well at the box-office so I'll be ok with them showing Vader in battle money-shots during promos.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darth_Pevra like this.
  22. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    If the best the Chosen One can do is parry a bit with his saber and lift a rock, then he might as well be Unchosen.

It's not fan service if it's logical for his character. And fan service isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway.

Larsonator likes this.
  23. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    There is no pressing need to portray Vader as a one-man army, but it would be a nice bonus. It wouldn’t be contrived either. For instance in Siege of Lothal, he was a one-man army for a short while and it made sense – had he appeared with a parade of star destroyers, the command ship of the rebel fleet would’ve immediately jumped to hyperspace before Vader could disable their hyperdrive. But appearing alone tempted the rebels to engage him thinking they could deal with just one TIE fighter.

There are always logical ways one can come up with to have a final act with Vader alone versus Rogue One.

Also, this might be the only upcoming movie where Vader has a significant (and not shoehorned) role, and probably the only chance to see him in his full power on the silver screen.

Big Boss and Dra--- like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Exactly. Technology allows for Vader to be shown doing more things with the Force than he did in the OT. So let's see that! No reason whatsoever to keep Vader in a "box" in terms of his abilities. As long as those abilities flow from and align with his CHARACTER.

No he won't be flipping around and super mobile like Maul. No he won't be shooting lighting from his mechanical fingertips. No need. It's not his fighting style anyway. He's like a rock, impenetrable, slower yes but so intimidating because of that. Moving more things with his mind, crippling, force choking, levitating then throwing opponents with the Force, throwing his saber then Force pulling it back to his hand like a boomerang (he did something similar in ROTJ)...maybe just crushing someone's brain with his mind...All that would be awesome to see.

Big Boss, Dra--- and Darth Nave like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    In essence Vader should remain a powerful and durable fighter, sort of like a moving tank, not a speedster or acrobatics master. That said, I don't think he'll move as slowly as in the 80ties, just not as acrobatic as the fast and agile type.

I've already said that a modern Vader would probably fight similar to Malgus in the TOR-trailers. Malgus is an expy of Vader anyways.

As far as force lightning goes, I don't know why he wouldn't use it. Once it was Sidious' specialty but that train has left the station.

Dra--- likes this.