main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this is a cool scene. why take it out? just because, i guess. same answer for the cgi mustache and gumby amazons.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is probably the best post in any mainline superhero thread in the last two years.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I hope that somewhere down the line WB releases a curated version with some of those deleted scenes an touch ups to the spotty CGI. It's the least they can do. BvS was somewhat improved by it and DVD sales of a better version of JL might help recoup its box office losses.

4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That's a cool scene, which is something that Zack Snyder definitely filmed and it was scored by Zimmer's Man of Steel theme to go along with it. However, I understand why it was deleted as will would undermine the dramatic impact of Superman as the deus ex machina in the final fight with Steppenwolf.

Yeah, I didn't find any one online really excited about Wiig being pursued to take on the role of Dr. Barbara Minerva. I've seen some people chimed in with Charlize Theron, as she turned down a role for last year's Wonder Woman which she noted in an interview with Howard Stern awhile back:
    Via YouTube movie pundit, Grace Randolph, Sarah Paulson (who looks similar to Wiig) pinged Patty Jenkins about the role awhile back.
    [​IMG]

6. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So... The Flash: Flashpoint is a comedy?

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Was Homecoming a comedy?

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    JL was ok. Certainly better than Suicide Squad, but that's not saying much at all. One of the weakest elements of the film was Elfman's soundtrack.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It was a lot more comedic, as you might expect from a MCU movie -- but Watts had at least done a horror film in there too, with some variation. These guys wrote SM:H and will not be writing Flashpoint... I'm a bit more heartened, actually, that I didn't realize one half of them is the dude from Bones and the other guy has done a varied set of TV (though also **** My Dad Says).

And, by all accounts, Game Night is pretty good! Just this seems on par with LFL keeping on hiring people who have specific styles and then firing them because... of that style.

Diggy likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So far I think The flash has been portrayed as quite similar to the new Spider Man...closer to him than TV Flash. I thinks that’s why they go the gig.

And, as you say, why they’ll lose it.

12. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I really wish to see a Zack Director Cut.

The guy suffered a family loss, hard to blame him too much.

B99 likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I like the front side view of the costume and how faithful it is to the source material. Zachary Levi looks great in the costume. I just hope they don't color wash/fade the costume in post production.

15. laurethiel1138

Feb 6, 2003
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Another set photo of Zackary Levi in Shazam costume.

[​IMG]

I like Zackary Levi and I think he can give "Shazam" that Tom Hanks in Big type of performance. I mean, that's how I imagine the movie will be like; a 13 year old boy and in Superman's body.

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    No cut exists. He was fired.

18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Which was stupid, you gave him the power, either fire him before the project starts or keep him there.

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Who is Zack Director?

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Justice League was in like just-about-to-shoot-in-a-month pre-production when Batman V Superman hit, so they just kept steamrolling on. Probably took a few months for WB execs to get extra antsy about JL. And Synder did have a tragic loss in his family, I don't quite buy the "nuh-uh! He was totes fired, totes!" narrative. But it was probably a bit of both.

And even though Joss Whedon was brought in to "lighten it up" the footage with Bruce and Barry's first meeting was already in the Synder-sourced comic con trailer so I think the film was already going for a lighter tone than BvS already anyway in the scripting phase. So I wouldn't put all the gags at only Whedon's feet.

That Steppenwolf baddie idea.... yikes!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  21. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    More photos from bystanders during the Shazam shoot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well it's official now ...

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's not how Hollywood works. Many's a time that a director was fired during production of a film, because they weren't living up to the expectations of the studio. And because "Batman vs Superman" did not do well, the studio was in a bind. You work for a studio system, you have to expect that.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Not too thrilled with Kirsten Wiig being cast as Cheetah. Would’ve loved someone like Charlize Theron or Summer Glau.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Wigg has put in some great performances in various films so I'm down. But, yah, this does seem kinda sideways but casting actors known for comedic roles as heavies can sometimes have unexpected gold. Heck, check out Albert Brooks in Drive.

BUT, if you wan to see Wigg do something freaky and menacing? Check out her final few scenes in mother! Holy Kolker! Definitely pulls off cold there.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018