main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    person who leaked the videos saying he has some of becky/sasha/maryse/maria/victoria/alexa/summer/asuka

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh well. She should have saw that coming!!!

[​IMG]

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    wrestling thread, not sextape thread.

thx

V-2, Juliet316 and DarthMane2 like this.
  4. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

This is where I can't even see how anybody trained in that PC is going to be able to compete. Sorry, but Royce and the other Australian girl might as well be carrying Io's bags.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Io wasn't even offered a PC tryout - WWE deemed it "too insulting"; was given a basic tour and an open offer at the end. Meltzer suggested the PC has been a fine tuning for indie stars, which the WWE have high hopes for.

Charlotte is only capable star to be trained by the WWE, without prior indie experience.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    DarthMane2 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Charlotte is one of the most talented athletes on the planet, male or female. Add in her natural charisma - she has a chance to be the success story the WWE brand can point to in the future as a homegrown talent, I agree w/Daniel.

V-2, DanielUK and Juliet316 like this.
  8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Regarding the training of the performance centre, talent are geared towards "playing to the camera" and nothing else. I think it was Terry Taylor who said, when you're training wrestler to work 200+ match a year (and have the cardio to cope), your focus is not putting on five star matches. Injury rate is another factor, too. WWE talent do not have rest periods, like in Japan and Mexico, so their bodies cannot put through punishment every night.

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

Stuff like that just reinforces my respect for the likes of Jericho. I know he goes off from time to time, but it seems that when he is working for the company he gives it his all. Touring, doing house shows, PPV's, Raw, he does everything. Not bad for a 46 year old.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Was needing a laugh so I went to YouTube and listened to Solomonster's Vince Russo impression.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I was just thinking about Russo impression's. How weird.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

See that comes off as WWE just saying all that matters is that you're good enough. Fully agree that with the amount of time these girls and guys put in they don't need to be working a 5 star match every week on RAW, SD, or where ever. I fully agree that they need to take care of themselves. At the same time, however, NJPW also has their formula for resting guys. All those TAG MATCHES. Tanahashi doesn't have to work a 5 star in a 6 man tag, and his match with Evil was his first singles since Naito in Jan.

There's no excuse for them not teaching these guys and girls to have the skills necessary to put out a workrate that is of high quality.

Charlotte can be looked at as a great example of PC trained Wrestler who is also a great worker. That's one in how many and compared to what? And I think Juliet is right, a lot of her progress probably came from Ric. 95% of these "Good enough," workers find themselves on the undercard. WWE has never been able to create talent. They can create clowns. Guys like Tye Dillinger(not a knock), Fandango, etc. That's it however.

This is why I don't understand the love for Baron Corbin. Decent to Good in ring, but no other real qualities. I not going to put him in the main event as his present level. I wouldn't give him a title at his present level. Some of the Young Boys New Japan has look better than him, and have been taught less. He's not over.

Then we have all the new OUTSIDERS, guys and girls who were completely trained to work for the crowd, be able to adapt and still put out high quality work. What happens to the PC trained when the Outsiders come in? They get pushed down the card.

Who have been the champions this past year?
    Ambrose: CZW(granted it was because reigns ****ed up)
    AJ: ROH,TNA, NJPW
    Owens: ROH
    Balor: NJPW
    Rollins: ROH

I think work rate matters more than WWE and a lot of fans, will ever admit.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Quoted this just to point how I actually got teary eyed at the end of this match. I had it on mute as well. There was more emotion in what happened in that classic match then what I've seen produced most anywhere in a long while.

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Charlotte is awesome but a little dangerous and unsafe from time to time.

Paige vs Gail Kim has potential to be an infinity+6 star match.

Juliet316
    I remember hearing that one. Neither host twigged that it was the plot to The Martian until the week later. :D

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    For anybody who listens to Solomonster's podcast was wondering...

17. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    I watched WWE for awhile, when moved to Canada. One of my new close friends here was really into it, and got me watching it too. I was stupid back then, I actually believed, for a long time, that it was all totally real :D And he didn't tell me otherwise too, that son off a bitch lmao Than, after awhile, I was like, oh, wait, they are not really hitting each other lol

I still can respect it though. I am sure they have to train really hard to do all those tricks they do, jumping off the ropes and such, and breaking tables with their bodies. You have to be at the level of, at least, like, a professional stuntperson, to do this kind of stuff... My hat is off to them.

Now, they apparently even have a "Russian", portrayed by a Bulgarian lol
    [​IMG]
    FYI, just as many Japanese people I know were NOT cool with Hikaru Sulu being portrayed by a Korean-Amerian actor in the new Star Trek movies; so are many of us not so cool with this one :D Fortunately, most Russians do not watch this stuff anyway (nor, Bulgarians, for that matter haha), so, no outrage or anything ;)

Personally, I like that guy, FWIW. Very tough looking. Exactly how a Russian SHOULD look :)

Oleg Prudius, aka Vladimir Kozlov, was a way better representation though
    [​IMG]
    Sambo is badass. Can't beat Sambo... :)

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Shibata v Fale final.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Vader's early WCW was really impressive to watch.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep, sure was.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I want more Southpaw Regional Wrestling :(

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Haven't got to watch the finals yet, but know Shibata won.

Guessing he is going over Okada and then goes on to lose to Omega, just before the US tour.

In strange wrestling news, John Morrison (aka Johnny Mundo) is before AAA heavyweight and cruiser weight champion. He currently holds all the singles championships now lol Guess that's one way to stop talent from leaving lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.