Amph X-Men Movies (Now: Days of Future Past, Next: Apocalypse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz, Oct 6, 2010.

1. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Do we also count "s/he was actually never dead"? Because then Forge, Warlock and Sunspot should count as well.

Yeah, it's that ridiculous.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Chuck's died or faked his death like five times. Also:

[IMG]
    Darth_Invidious, Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Has Apocalypse ever really truly "died"? He has had his body destroyed but then had new ones created for him to merge with, in which case he isn't really dead. He's a bit like Voldemort I guess.

They do say he's immortal for a reason.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Apr 28, 2014
  4. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    What Chuck Xavier said above. I recall he was well and truly destroyed just after "The Twelve" storyline and as part of Cable and Jean's efforts to "exorcise" Apocalypse from Cyclops' body. After that, I definitely lost track but I assume he has since returned in a new body.
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    There was an anti-J-Law post in the previous page. If I see any more of those, I'm sending Sentinels to your houses.
  6. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Yeah, he was killed by Cable during the Hunt of Cyclops event. Like, spirit destroyed. Obliterated. He was kind of reconstructed/cloned/techno-babbled by, yeah, Cable himself (some kind of "mutants need a common enemy" bs) ten years later. He was then secreted away by the Celestials for being an ******* and presumably killed behind the screens, as next time he returned he was reborn as a kid with no apparent powers who was killed for real by Fantomex. Current Apocalypse is another clone, a teenager called Genesis that's being trained in the Jean Grey School in an effort to show that nurture can beat the **** out of nature with one hand tied behind its back.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Can we all agree that the minute Cable shows up this movie franchise will have jumped five sharks?
  8. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Nah. I don't think any characters are toxic by themselves. I really enjoyed Cable and Deadpool and the solo series that followed Cable and lil' Hope.
    Darth-Lando likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    So how much screentime is Halle Berry getting? The trailer seems to express that she....doesn't....
    Penguinator likes this.
  10. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    She's only in the future scenes and it's hard to say how much screentime for her. Most of the characters die in the future timeline before it is righted, in the original comic story. I would assume the same is true here.
  11. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I like Storm but I dislike Halle Berry, so on the one hand she's probably getting Sentinel'd and that's fine, but on the other muh Storm.
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    If they all die, then how is it that future Xavier is communicating with past Xavier?
  13. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I'd wager that there will be a parallel of events. We'd have a good ten to twelve minutes of the story in the 1970's and then a return to the present day for about five minutes. Then in the third act, events would keep intercutting with the X-Men losing to the Sentinels in the present, while in the past, the final conflict where everything hinges on stopping that defining moment where everything went to hell is righted. Then we'll either see the change concurrently, or when Logan returns to his future self. Then the film would end in the past with the reopening of the school.
  14. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I really, really hope not.

I hope we get future, then past and not intercutting except with perhaps a flashback for Logan to maybe expo-dump a bit.
  15. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    She's in it for just one scene is what I last heard. I think that will be about the same for most if not all of the "future" characters.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well I guess Rogue was put back in the movie too.
  17. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I don't know. I mean, it could get really messy (and I guess that's why you're against it) but the parallel future and past storylines are kind of the defining feature of DoFP. It would be a pity to lose that.
    Last edited by JoinTheSchwarz, Apr 28, 2014
  18. dp4m Chosen One

star 9

That's one of those things where a change from print-to-film media has to change things. :p
  19. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9

That was the rumor, but then there was another report saying that's not true.
  20. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I just can't imagine that this movie will have enough time to include every possible character.
  21. Slowpokeking Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Singer got sued for sexual assault, wow.
  22. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
  23. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    They'll be included, they just won't have a lot of development. Mainly the future team.

More like...
    [IMG] :p
    Last edited by darth-sinister, Apr 29, 2014
    Juliet316 likes this.
  24. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Pretty spoilerific. Watch at your own risk.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8