main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD Tim Battershell - Official Notice

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Some of you will know Tim Battershell, a poster from the EUC and RPF, who was active in the forums prior to 2016. Whether as a Master in the Guardians of Light Jedi fanclub in the EUC, or as a RPer, Tim always contributed to the fullest, and I myself had the opportunity to know Tim via GMing him in After the Awakening.

Many noticed when he ceased posting relatively abruptly, and though I know that several of us reached out to him via Facebook at the time and more recently, it is only recently that his family has realised and contacted a user on the forum.

Tim unfortunately passed away in July 2016 after battling with cancer, but we have told by his family that he was as comfortable as he could have been and had family by his side right to the end. As he was UK-based we have been able to clarify, which does sadly confirm his passing.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2661858

We thought it appropriate to more formally update you all. We are a community, and that means acknowledging that while this does happen, that Tim will be remembered by us here too. We don’t always get to find out what has happened to our friends, but in this case at very least we do, and we know that his family was with to the end.

https://boards.theforce.net/members/tim-battershell.1373995/

I would link this should you wish to comment on his profile, or here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  3. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    RIP Tim @};-

Will always remember you from your days in the BMC

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I wished happy birthday for three years mate, but the silence was deafening, my heart seemed to know the truth my head would not accept. A true English gentleman who cared for his 'Pa' till his demise at 99 only 7 months earlier. Richer for having known you Tim. RIP & MTFBWY - always.

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sad news indeed. I am glad Tim is no longer in pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm very saddened by this news, but am also glad to finally know what happened. I reached out to several mods sometime after Tim's sudden and mysterious disappearance. He was an active poster while playing in Marvel: Resurgence. I'm full glad he had the support of his family until he entered his final rest. Tim was an honorable gentleman, someone I am very glad to have met in this community. He will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace,Tim. Now you get to adventure with the Angels.

@};-

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    RIP Tim

We are sad for we knew and enjoyed your presence. To the next adventure.

:greensaber:@};-:bluesaber:

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It is sad to hear of Tim's passing.

He was surrounded by those who loved him and his memory will not be forgotten.

Be at peace. The Force is with you, always.

@};-

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @};-
    Late condolences to his family and friends.

12. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    As I posted about in the Elite League Limmie RPG social thread, Tim, whether he knew it or not, gifted me with inspiration that contributes to my writing to this very day. I continue to stand in his debt for that.

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I remember Tim being someone that was great to be around. He made me laugh and had good ideas too. He will be missed. But no one is ever truly gone. So no goodbyes to Tim. I will just say see ya later cause I'm sure he watching us and smiling right now. May the Force be with you Tim Always@};-@};-@};-

14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Tim, you were a good man, and a lot of fun to RPG with during our time together in The Shadow War. Your intricate, detail-packed posts and ability to not take things too seriously provided us with many enjoyable moments in the GoL too. I doubt I'll ever forget when @Bardan_Jusik 's 'stealth sock padawan' was suspiciously suspecting your character to be a Sith implant and referring to him as "Tim Battershell", "if that is really your name", with the ironic twist that it was your RL name too. :p Good times.

Safe journey old friend.

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Oh no :'(

Lets hope you have found peace in passing on to the netherworld of the Force Tim. For there is no death, there is only the Force.

16. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I do not get to interact with nearly enough sane, rational posters so it was a privilege to talk with Tim. For a fella who had a handful of subforums he was active in, it says a lot that he was well known, board-wide. Tough loss, this one.

18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks go to @Sinrebirth for alerting me to this.

Sad, sad news.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  19. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    RIP, my friend. May the Force be with you. @};-:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.