main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST “When you are sleeping”, graphic SW novel, re-load

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Apr 29, 2020.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005

[​IMG]

Title:When you are sleeping”, a graphic SW novel for kids, re-load due to changed canon by Disney

Author:
    AzureAngel2

Main beta- editor:
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Co-editor and muse:
    @DarthUncle

Length:
    28 double pages (= one text page and another page with one acrylic painting matched to it), including the last page saying: THE END

Summary:
    Leia tells her newly-born son, Ben, a good-night story that contains many beings from the SW universe and the numbers from 1 to 10.

Time frame:
    The story takes place in 5 ABY, when Ben was just born on Chandrila.

Place of choice:
    On-board the Millennium Falcon

Reason for re-post on the Fan Fic Boards:

Sticking to the German saying: “Aller guten Dinge sind drei.” (= All good things come in threes.), I also repost this self-made SW children book.

In the original version, that I also gave Steve Sansweet for his Rancho Obi Wan ages ago during a SW convention in Germany (the Celebration Europe actually), Leia holds little baby Anakin in her arms. This happens right after the dreadful events of the 'Dark Empire'. She tells the boy a good-night story that contains many beings from the SW universe and the numbers from 1 to 10.

Due to the new Disney canon for SW there is no Anakin Solo any more, just Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren. That was the first mega change here.

I took out some special pens and intensified the outlines of the water colours, which gives them an even greater comic style look.

Since the original scans were too blurry and the water colours are too big for my scanner, I took photos with my mobile phone.

Here and there I also took liberty to change the text a wee bit.

I posted the original on the 7th July at 2:24pm. And re-posted it on the 6th April 2014 at 8:57am as part of my omnibus thread for self-made SW graphic novels.

This story was originally dedicated to @Earwen_Lightrider.

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer:
    SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Lt. & Walt Disney!!!

Page 1:

Right now you are sleeping safe and warm in my arms. Nothing can harm you.

Page 2:
    [​IMG]

Page 3:

While you are sleeping, a Wookie wins a sabacc game with close friends in a bar on Corellia.

Page 4:

[​IMG]

Page 5:
    While you are sleeping, two droids move around in the streets of Coruscant.

Page 6:

[​IMG]

Page 7:
    While you are sleeping, three Ewoks cross a wooden bridge on the forest moon of Endor.

Page 8:
    [​IMG]

Page 9:

While you are sleeping, four woolamander are sitting on top of of a jungle tree, that grows on the forth moon of Yavin.

Page 10:
    [​IMG]

To be continued soon!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Page 11:
    While you are sleeping, five swamp animals on Dagobah lurk around in the mist, a bogwing, a dragonsnake, a nudj, a sleen, and a vine snake.

Page 12:
    [​IMG]

Page 13:
    While you are sleeping, six tauntauns face the icy winds of Hoth bravely.

Page 14:
    [​IMG]

Page 15:
    While you are sleeping, seven raawks fly around Bespin’s skies.

Page 16:
    [​IMG]

Page 17:

While you are sleeping, eight jawas are hiding between stones in the Jundland desert on Tatooine.

Page 18:
    [​IMG]

Page 19:
    While you are sleeping, nine fish pass the underwater city Otoh Gunga on Naboo.

Page 20:
    [​IMG]

Page 21:
    While you are sleeping, we pass ten big asteroids with your father’s ship.

Page 22:
    [​IMG]

Page 23:
    Those asteroids make me remember one of the darkest moment in my life. Where I had zero chance to do anything against it.

Page 24:
    [​IMG]

Page 25:
    But your tiny face glows like a light, banishing the darkness inside me and the one outside the Millennium Falcon. Watching you, while you are sleeping, makes me feel a hundred times better.

Page 26:
    [​IMG]

Page 27:

Sleep well, little one. May the Force be with you, always!

Page 28:
    [​IMG]

Page 29:
    The End

Sources:

Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Das offizielle Star Wars Fact File” a series of magazines from the Italian holding company DeAgostini (2002 until 2005)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    gizkaspice and Kahara like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  4. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for reacting to this re-loaded and slightly renovated piece of fanfic with fanart. It means so much to me!

And thanks for liking it @Kahara.

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    This was adorable! I loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gizkaspice, Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This is so cute and educational! Learning numbers AND Star Wars at the same time--brilliant! [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @Nehru_Amidala & @gizkaspice thanks for reading AND commenting. Well, foremost for the appreciation! It always feels good when someone reaches out to me and tells me his or her opinion. @};-

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Kahara, gizkaspice and Nehru_Amidala like this.