main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference 10 ABY: Fringe Elements OOC/Reference Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by The Jedi in the Pumas, Apr 28, 2020.

1. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Hello all. Blu here.

This is the Official 10 ABY thread where out of character conversations, news, and general player well being can be discussed.

I will be also posting short synopses of the episodes upon their completion here.

Thank you all for the effort and time you have trusted to me and this small world we're trying to create. I also appreciate any observers who have followed along. It has been my pleasure.

Master Vo'Un'Var and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there. I'm enjoying this muchly. The separate stories are interesting and how they are all backlit by the Dark Tower -- :cool:

greyjedi125 likes this.
  3. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    In about 2 updates I will be bringing the episode to a close.

[mention]Kalio_Dynkos [/mention] welcome again sir, I will be bringing your character into the game in the new episode. Tonight I will be posting a world post on the Backstory of the Artemis Cradle, a massive space station in the Unknown Regions that is the one of the few places resembling the rest of the galaxy in the unknown regions. I will be placing Fouche aboard it, but if you would like to explain how he found his way there in a prologue, of sorts, please PM me and we can discuss.

As mentioned before, [mention]greyjedi125 [/mention] and [mention]Jedi_padawan_leigh [/mention] will have short time skips between the episodes. There are a few ways we can approach it: one way is I do trust you both enough to detail what has taken place for the Stark and Dathisi personally over the 2 week time skip BEFORE the new episode is posted or I can bring forth the episode and you guys can use that as a basis to color in what has occurred. I leave the choice to you because I want it to fit your individual personal time and writing schedules so as not to overload you.

[mention]Sinrebirth [/mention] and [mention]Master Vo'Un'Var [/mention] both expressed interest in providing some tales from the history of Wapoe and IG66, respectively, which I am DYING to read. Lol.

Just wanted to touch base with everyone and layout a little map of how the chapter will end. How are all of you doing? Everyone healthy I hope?

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent pacing =D=

5. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Ooh. OOC threads are in Resource Now. Nice! Sorry I missed this message.

Yes. Sounds amazing. Can't wait. Great stories!

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  6. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I failed spectacularly with my tags above. Thank you tapatalk on my phone.lol

Quick Note: Due to the admission of one more player into our family, I will be moving the conclusion of episode 3 and the beginning of episode 4 up a bit. This is not to rush anyone, but to set the table. Thank you for your patience.

greyjedi125 and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Welcome to the game @Ktala [face_dancing]

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    **BOWS**

Thank Ye! Im looking forward to it. :D

9. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
  10. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I am ecstatic to welcome @Ktala into the game. Rounds out an amazing cast of characters and players.

11. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Me seeing the name Abaddon in the game:
    [​IMG]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  12. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I know nothing of any warmasters or heresies. Lol

13. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I love how the cast in this RPG Is growing :D

Post coming tomorrow, apologies. Been very busy at work this week due to being a key worker. But will have time to write tomorrow :)

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    No pressure or rush, Leigh. We thank you for your service during these trying times. Be safe!

Conclusion of episode 3 and beginning of episode 4 is now up. @Master Vo'Un'Var I didn't tag you because I suspect that you are more than capable of walking us through IG-66's docking and seeking out of the guild representative (Whispers: its Tata!).lol

As always if there are any questions or anything confusing, please let me know.

16. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    More backstories and flashbacks. Plz

[​IMG]

17. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Hi all. I wanted to provide alittle clarification on what the Opera House looks like on the inside.

Forgive me, I couldn’t find a picture that really encapsulates what I’m imagining. Nor did I think that a regular GM update would do it justice without interrupting the narrative flow.

[​IMG]

Imagine an aesthetic like this. Circular and massive interior. In the center is a wide rectangular, sandy pit where the matches are taking place. There are tables and seats around sporadically.

I hope this helps for all of us to picture the scene that is and that is about to play out.

Also, I wanted to get everyone’s input on a method I wanted to try in the Opera House scenes. In the next few GM posts, there will be some chances for survivability checks(on some of the NPCs) and perception checks.

I have no intention of turning 10 ABY into a d20 experience, but how would you all, as the players, like to take part in, generally, inconsequential dice rolls.

Example: PC is driving with NPC and a blaster bolt pierces the side of the speeder.

The player rolls for the survival of the NPC.

These would be few and rare, maybe one per episode for a character. But I wanted to receive input from everyone before proceeding.

Thank you for your patience and I hope everyone is well!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I would like the dice roll thing to be an option for a player to take or not instead of something that has to be done by everyone. [face_thinking] I have a question -- is Mara expected to go straight to the meet-up or does she have stuff to take care en route?

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Icarus is expecting her to come there with nothing, but if Mara Jade wanted to stop and prepare herself for the extraction, I’d love to see what things she’d pick up.

Mini spoiler: There is a bit of breaking and entering involved. And we can do a combo post if you would like.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  20. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    You're the boss, boss.

To some degree I appreciate a dice roll for its ease, but there is also the challenge that the roll can be contrary to the story. It's a gamble.

But you're the boss. I'm sure you'll handle it well. I'm open for anything.

The Jedi in the Pumas and Ktala like this.
  21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Big update. Sorry if some of it is a lot to take in.

I try to really set the stage for certain scenes. In my mind, these are truly episodes. So I write them in a way that is descriptive and vast because when there is a lot going on, I want it to feel and read like there’s a lot going on.

Promise the game isn’t always like this. Lol. But thank you for bearing with me. I really enjoy writing for this game a lot and I get excited to read your stories. You guys are amazing.

Edit: excuse my manners. But welcome @SirakRomar to the game. She will be playing the private investigator Taza Talone who is investigating kidnapping and disappearance. Thank you sirak for coming aboard. We are very excited to have you

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  22. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Great start to the episode! You’ve painted quite the picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Thanks, looking forward to my guest role!

24. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Will be updating tomorrow. Worked all week and wanted to give everyone some time to post. See you soon!

25. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    You guys’ writing legit inspires me to write. Love it and appreciate it so much.

Kalio_Dynkos and greyjedi125 like this.