main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 3 3/4" Black Series

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 9, 2013.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Seen the Han & Leia once maybe. Most Walmarts in area (10 or so since i include work territory) don't have much BS. I did manage a Kylo Ren for $5 and Stormtrooper for $6.44. I would really like a Han, Leia and Luke for those prices as well, but here it is July and nothing?! Isnt a new wave supposed to be here? Are Rogue One toys released Sept.4th? I guess the Black Series could still be on the shelves then too.

2. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Walmart clearance much improved but i don't think by design. As i got the deals listed above plus Leia as Boushh today for $1 but the Mosep and X-Wing pilot were more and manager would not match.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    The next wave details have been released (through online stores not Hasbro, but Hasbro don't announce anything anymore!)

At this point I'm pleased with this but others may not be.

It's repacks of:
    TVC Ahsoka
    TVC Emperor's Royal Guard
    TVC Lando (General)
    TVC Admiral Ackbar

Pretty good and Ahsoka and ERG are highly demanded by fans.
    Ackbar and Lando not so much but still great figures.

I own Ackbar already but Ahsoka I've wanted for ages, Lando I'll pick up and the ERG I think I'll army build.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18446

Release date unknown.

England still hasn't received Wave Three or Four so no idea for us.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    What the Force? Only four waves in and already going the re-pack route? Huh. Not a great sign. I don't mind mixing in a repack or two into a weave. Gives kids and collectors a second shot. But the entire wave...

5. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Wave One?

Wave One consisted of repacks- TVC Jedi Luke, Chewbacca, 05 Vader.

Wave Three also repackaged TVC Endor Han.

Repacks have always been apart of TBS, or any series for that matter.

ERG and Ahsoka have been in demand since their initial release. Ackbar and Lando are a little strange.

6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't mind a mix, but a full wave of repacks at that price point? And mix in crummy distribution. I wish Hasbro luck.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    If they manage to make them TVC quality then they are worth that price point.

On the aftermarket, ERG and Ahsoka aren't cheap- we're talking over £50 here so compared with TBS prices it's still a steal.

Distribution will be a pain in the *** as always but I guarantee the ERG and Ahsoka sell through. Lando and Ackbar I don't know what will happen, likely pegwarming.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    And that is the best case for the repack right there; giving collectors a second shot at figures at retail. I can see Ahsoka being popular, as she's been hot again since showing up on Rebels and the Royal Guard is, as you say, an army builder. But Ackbar is just a head scratcher.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Cannot wait for these to show up! Probably wont be until later this or next month.

Still holding off on Starkiller base Han and Leia who I've seen a couple in stores and now at the $10.83 price. Hoping to get them at $6.83 like my FO Stormtrooper.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Ackbar in Rogue One. Maybe he'll even be wearing that costume.

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Gamma626, yeah, w/the focus on the Alliance leadership (we've already seen Mon Mothma in the trailers) I'd say there's a chance we'll see Ackbar and maybe a few other familiar Rebel faces.

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I found a Black Series TFA Han, Leia, and Phasma at Wal Mart for $10.83 each. Finn is still keeping those pegs nice and warm.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Very happy with this news. I never got any of these figures, and especially wanted the TVC ERG, Lando General, and A. Ackbar. Superb. Hopefully I'll be able to find them @ retail, however.

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Decided I better pick up the TFA Leia.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004

Yeah, saw that this morning. A great big shelf talker announcing "Price Drop". I also noticed that the similar price drop they had done for the 6" Black Series earlier in the year was over and they were back to $18.93 (Just in time for the Rogue One wave [face_plain]!) , so this is likely a temporary thing. The former is definitely good news for 3 3/4" Black Series collectors. Hopefully all of your local Wal-Marts are well stocked so you can take advantage of it.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Got the new TBS 3.75" Admiral Ackbar & General Lando (ROTJ) @ Wal-mart today; both are amazing figures. They're Wal-mart exclusives, and are re-packs of TVC figures from Fall 2012 (online-only).

18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    And here's your next wave (6):

[​IMG]

Soon for you Americans but meanwhile in England:

[​IMG]

Still no sign of Wave Three, let alone Four and Five!

whostheBossk and LAJ_FETT like this.
  19. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016

Can't wait, especially for that Death Trooper. God, it looks amazing.

Also, I was able to find myself a 3.75 inch Captain Phasma! [face_dancing] Grabbed her as quickly as I could, considering there were two left.

They also had some old Han Solo's, two General Leia's, a ****load of the Endor Han's, and one lightsaber construction Luke. I didn't pick them up, though, because they don't seem to be in high demand.

Oh, yeah, there was one Rey on the peg, but I already got her a while back.

Hope I'm not making you too jealous! [face_mischief]

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Still Nothing!:

[​IMG]

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll be checking local stores tomorrow while I'm in town but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Entertainer will probably resemble the skeleton pic above..

22. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Very cool about the R1 wave of TBS 3.75" figures - I'll definitely be getting at least 2 Deathtroopers - that trooper design is extremely cool, and may be my favorite SW trooper of all time....even though the film hasn't even come out yet.

23. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Scored a few Ahsoka's and Emperor's Royal Guards last week. Haven't seen any since. Cannot wait for this next wave...gonna be epic with the two troopers. Still passed on TFA cold weather gear Han although left in "special" spot.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Been seeing TV ads for Argos' (UK) Christmas catalog - going to check it out for SW stuff when I am in town later in the week. They did have a Rogue One display last time I was there but it seemed to be mostly Lego.

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @LAJ_FETT
    Wrong thread pal!

Argos have everything apart from TBS 3/4 (asda) and the various exclusives. They have a mini guide available so if you're looking for something in particular just ask and I'll look.
    ADVICE don't buy your figures from there. They are £10 there whereas at TRU and other places they are at £8.

And a little update no new TBS.