main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2017 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I'll check the previous years' threads and PM you if I am not sure of something, then. :) Is that OK?

Findswoman likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's fine. Just a note that I will be going offline for the evening in about 15 mins so if you send a PM after that I won't see it til the morning.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It might be a bit late for any NaNo related thread (I know Mav has done the thread in past years too and Darth Real Life probably just totally made her forget about it). I'm not saying you can't do it, but it's kinda one of those things you need to get up early. And no one has really asked so I'm not sure how many people here are doing it. It might just be one of those things we slip by this year. People who want to do it might be better off just sticking to the NaNo website.

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, it completely slipped by me this year. Being out of touch for a month has really messed up my sense of time. I'd hoped to do it this year too, but I really don't think I can. :(

But I'm wondering if I can still make good on a few of my resolutions for this year. [face_thinking] I think I can make one of them as I've worked on it, just not completed it.

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm now completely lost so as what to do. But I get the overall idea.

I just want something to kick me in the behind and make me do actual stuff...

6. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, I did think about NaNoWriMo, trying to figure out how it boiled down.

50,000 words divided by 30 days equals approximately 1667 words per day. Roughly 250 words per page, double spaced in 12pt font, you need to do 3 to 4 pages per day to make the goal.

For anyone thinking about doing it privately.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    My record was 42K, sometime last year. I totally burned out.

8. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    One resolution I never made that I should have is acknowledging the truth of inauthenticity in voice and the reality of lacking originality and true creative talent...in other words, realizing I'm not truly creative, but I can string sentences together in an appropriate technical fashion. It's not a simple matter of being a hack, because at least a hack has some level of creativity. When you aren't original, when you're just a derivative golem who writes words with no meaning or emotion behind them...well, that's a realization and then a simultaneous "so bleeping what, crackhead" kinda moment. Plus a really delayed resolution I suppose.