main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , May 24, 2021.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent to see progress continuing to be made by everyone!

I think I've got the index updated with all the new stories! If I missed yours, just let me know in this thread or by PM, and I will try to update the index as soon as possible!:)

Sorry for taking a little while to respond! I've been dealing with dental issues and got my tooth extracted yesterday, so that's what's been going on with me...

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  3. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Oh I hate the dentist SO much.

Thinking of you.

4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @clone commander bossk Thanks! [:D] One of my teeth cracked and got a nasty infection, and in the end, I had to get the tooth removed or risk the infection spreading to other parts of my head like my brain! But, yeah, my mouth is not happy with me right now! But I just have to remind myself to be grateful we live in an age of anti-biotics. It could've been much worse if I didn't live in modern times. So I am trying to have some perspective even though it is hard.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  6. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  7. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ugh, I hate dentists and tooth issues (when teeth hurt, they HURT!). Glad you got it resolved though. [:D]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  8. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks, @amidalachick! Teeth issues are very painful when they happen! At least I think I am on the road to recovery now.

9. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Avar/Elzar SW Pentathlon Complete!

@devilinthedetails: I was thinking that a poetry entry might be warranted next year or...for the remainder of this Olympics. I realized it's late to add another event, but you never know how one might be inspired by such an Olympic sized challenge. [face_whistling] [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @brodiew Congrats on finishing your Avar/Elzar Pentathlon!=D=How exciting!

As to your poetry event suggestion, I will make a--drum roll please-- special announcement.

Special Announcement:

I am going to add an optional event to the Summer Olympics. Writers will have the option of adding the event to any triathlon, pentathlon, or decathlon they write, but including the optional event will not be mandatory for anyone. Writers can also substitute one of the other events (not including 110 Word Hurdle or 400 Word Cross Country) with this optional new event. So, for example, instead of writing AU Archery or Fantastical Fencing, someone could write this new event instead.

Now, what is this new event, you ask?

It is Water Polo Poetry. Water Polo Poetry has no word limit. The rules are that it must be a piece of poetry written about your character, couple, family, friendship, etc. The piece of poetry does not have to be in any set style, either. It can be a haiku, a limerick, a sonnet, or something written in free verse. As long as it is poetry, it counts. Remember poetry is a celebration of sound and imagery and sometimes but not always rhyme, so those are the kinds of things expected in Water Polo Poetry.

I will update my OP with this information as well.

And if people are fans of the Water Polo Poetry event, it might just be added to the next Fanfiction Summer Olympics:cool:

11. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Gee, and I was just writing about Gamorrean poetry.... [face_thinking]

12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've posted the first two entries in my second pentathlon, "Comes with the Territory." This is with a group of OC New Republic soldiers called the AT-STs.

13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Awesome! I've updated the index with a link to your second pentathlon:)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  15. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Got the second part of Past Tension started, fulfilling the AU Archery theme. And looks like it checks off the Fantastical Fencing theme too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  16. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Character is Luke Skywalker, for the Decathlon, btw.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Added a bonus piece of water polo poetry to the perils of draxin-collecting

18. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  20. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Last two posted! Including my AU which I've very fond of -

Sweetie

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to see people continuing to make progress on their Olympic entries and finishing up their Olympic entries!

As a friendly reminder, there is about half a month left in our Fanfiction Summer Olympics so we are coming into the homestretch now![face_dancing]

@Starith I've added a link to your Decathlon to the index:)

23. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    The final (official) story has been posted, and the Notes from the Field decathlon is now complete.

24. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The final entry for my SW pentathlon "Comes with the Territory" has been posted, and it's complete. Thank you!

25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, my internet-free holiday is over, and I'm back with a vengeance and the Memories III chapter of Outsiders, which includes the 1500 Word Dash featuring Thrawn and Ezra and brings my pentathlon to a close. I still have two entries to go for my Eli/Vah'nya decathlon.

I apologise for dropping out of reviewing everyone's stories. I'll get back to it in the coming days, but I want you all to know that your stuff is AMAZING!