main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2023 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Mar 19, 2023.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Absolutely! Signups will remain open until the end of the Summer Olympics in July so you can certainly add a triathlon for Bail and Breha as well:)

Would you like me to put you down for a Bail and Breha triathlon as well?

(And now seems like a perfect time to say that I have a massive soft spot for Bail and Breha and would love to see any triathlon written about them[face_love])

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, please. I adore them both and am going through a long-term withdrawal because of writing a series without either of them. Same thing with Han and Leia.

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @DarthIshtar Excellent! I've got you added to the index for a Bail and Breha triathlon as well:D

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That's right. It's a pentathlon focusing on both couples. :)

5. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    @devilinthedetails A quick question please :) For the Rhythmic Gymnastics Drabbles, 3x3 Basketball, Marathon Swimming and Equestrian Cross-Country that include word prompts, should the words appear as-is in the story or can we use them as general prompts like in the UDC?

6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Since I fell behind on the Kessel Run 2023 challenge, I shall do this! Please sign me up for the Star Wars Pentathalon. Now, which couple to write? Ah, I'll stick to Thrawn and Jaina.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Chyntuck Good question!:)

For the Rhythmic Gymnastics Drabbles, I would say it is okay to use the words Ribbon, Rope, Hoop, Ball, and Rhythm as inspiration rather than directly including them in your story.

For the 3x3 Basketball, I would likewise say that it is acceptable to use Synergy, Toil, and Dauntless as inspirational prompts rather than directly including the words in your work.

For Marathon Swimming, the words are part of an optional bonus challenge, so I would say that it is up to the individual author how they want to approach the optional bonus challenge. If they want to have the words appear directly in the story or just use them as more general prompts for inspiration!

@Nehru_Amidala Glad to have you aboard for this Summer Olympics!:D I've added your Thrawn/Leia Star Wars Pentathlon to the index now!

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have been busy with the timelines for both and I think I have more to write. So OC Keana will have a penthatlon and OC Engaron a Decathlon

9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    lol, well I have it on good authority that she'll be shifting her attention to her longer ongoing projects, so probably not this time around, but I'll try to write something happy in her honor. ;) [face_batting]

[face_rofl] :* [:D]

[face_laugh] :p

(Standby for a more extensive reply in PM [face_batting])

[face_rofl] I knew I forgot something! I'm not quite ready to commit, but my OUaT rewatch certainly has my rusty Swanfire gears turning. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] I feel so seen! [face_mischief] [face_batting]

10. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @earlybird-obi-wan Awesome to hear that you plan to write more[face_dancing] I've bumped your Keana piece up to a pentathlon and your Engaraon one up to a decathlon! Happy writing!

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Which is what I should be doing, but that would require common sense, of which I have little, and self-restraint, of which I have none :p (I mean, look at me. It hasn't been 48 hours and I'm already shuffling around my Wookiee myth ideas to make this a decapentathlon.)

12. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Okay, I've decided what I'd like to do for my second entry. I'm going to stick with the overall sports foundation of the Olympics challenge and do in-universe sports. If you need it in the form of a character rather than a theme, then it'll be GFFA athletes, SW pentathlon, please. Two pentathlons should be enough for me at the moment.

13. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Successfully peer pressured into a Luke/Mara decathlon, and go ahead and sign me up for a Vader one, too. [face_peace]

14. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Thumper09 Excellent to hear you've come up with your idea for your second entry! It's so cool that you've stayed true to the athletic foundation of the Olympics with your idea:cool: I've got you signed up for a pentathlon focusing on the theme of Star Wars sports now!

@vader_incarnate So happy you will be participating this year[face_dancing] I've got you in the index for a Luke/Mara decathlon and a Vader decathlon! I can't wait to see what you write for both:D

15. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I have ZERO interest in sports, but I will read this! :D

What a great selection of topics for this year's Olympics. This is gonna be epic!

Oh, hey, @devilinthedetails is writing about Piandao? Oooo, and @Kahara's writing about Ember, from the High Republic era, and there's a Jocasta Nu pentathlon.... Wanders off to look at all the themes....

16. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Thank you @devilinthedetails for giving me a great excuse to continue writing bizzare things and keeping me occupied [face_laugh]8-}

Can I do....

Star Wars Pentathlon:
    Mando/Grogu and various aliens

and

Non Star Wars Triathlon:

Sauron and a cat (Lord of the Rings)

Getting ambitious this year :p

17. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Sauron and a cat? Comedic gold!

18. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Sauron and a cat, Sauron has a cat, Sauron is a cat or all of the above and then I might bug @devilinthedetails that at some point it's going to actually be a Pentathlon and I'm sure @Chyntuck will have something to do with it as she is the Queen of Cats.

Okay shutting up now :p

19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @gizkaspice I'm so thrilled to have you participating in another year of Fanfic Olympic fun![face_party]

I've got you entered into the index for a Star Wars Pentathlon featuring Mando, Grogu, and a variety of aliens as well as a non Star Wars Triathlon with Sauron and a cat.

And if you do decide to bump the Sauron and a cat triathlon up to a pentathlon, just let me know, and I can edit the index accordingly!:)

20. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    So excited to see this back, and the new events look fantastic!

I'm going to hold off on signing up to write because I've got nothing in mind yet but I'm already looking forward to all the amazing reading that's going to come out of this challenge. [face_love]

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Oh, this is a crown that I lost to you a looooong time ago – and now I see that you're branching out not only into crossovers, but into NSWFF proper, so I don't stand a chance of ever getting it back!

(I do have a cat story in the works though; let's see if I manage to write it despite the bombardment of ideas from this challenge.)

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Cats hmmm. Idea for my Corellians

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] We're being inundated by cats! 8-}

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I might have a playlist of cat songs laying around if anyone needs some inspiration. [face_mischief]

25. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Will adding a cat to one or more of our stories become an additional challenge point? ;)