main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2023 Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Mar 19, 2023.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    If you choose to do the marathon, are you allowed to post the 10,000 words in shorter chapters?

2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Raissa Baiard Excellent question!

Since the marathon is so long, you can definitely post it in chapters of shorter length. I would say just have listed at the top of every post with a chapter for the marathon that it is part of the marathon so it is easier to keep track of which post is counting for which event:)

3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    For this event, can they be completely separate stories of 7 sentences each or do they have to be more like chapters in a single connected story?

4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @amidalachick They could be completely separate stories of 7 sentences each or mini chapters in a single connected story. Whichever you prefer:)

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    We had a Dutch group called 'The Cats' and they sure have Cat songs

6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I'd like to sign up for a SW pentathlon starring Ezra Bridger.

7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Raissa Baiard Magnificent! I've got you signed up for an Star Wars Pentathlon with Ezra Bridger now[face_dancing]

8. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    @devilinthedetails: I would also like to sign up for a Star Wars Triathlon featuring Lys Solay from the new Young Jedi Adventures series on Disney+. Because non-Human + Jedi + creatures is my favorite combination. (And because my sanity is highly questionable.)

9. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    And a decapentathlon it is! 8-}

So, I'm splitting my Wookiee myths and legends entry in two. The decathlon will be Wookiee cosmogony, and the pentathlon the origin stories of individual tribes.

I may or may not add yet another pentathlon to this, but first I need to work on my Ἀνάγκη/Song!verse crossover.

10. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Sign me up for the Star Wars decathlon, please! My character is Qui-Gon Jinn.

I need a place to quarantine all of my weird plot bunnies while I try to write a longfic.

Thanks for hosting this, @devilinthedetails! :)

11. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Chyntuck Excellent to see you are so inspired by the Summer Olympics! I've got the index updated so you are listed for the decathlon on Wookie cosmogony and the pentathlon focusing on the origin stories of various Wookie tribes:)

@UltramassiveUbersue So excited to see you joining the Summer Olympics and lovely to have someone else inspired to write about the wonderful character who is Qui-Gon Jinn:D I've got you in the index for a Qui-Gon Jinn decathlon now!

12. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks @devilinthedetails !

Just to be on the safe side: for the purpose of this challenge, we define a sentence as something that begins with a capital letter and ends with a full stop, an exclamation mark or a question mark, right? i.e. it doesn't matter if it has a verb, or if it includes colons/semicolons/dashes etc.

@UltramassiveUbersue Welcome back, it's been a while [:D] And yay, more Qui-Gon goodness!

13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Chyntuck That's right! Anything that begins with a capital letter and ends with a period, exclamation mark, or question mark counts as a sentence counts as a sentence:)

So feel free to cut out the verbs if you'd like or to get creative with the colons, semicolons, and dashes;)

14. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I thought I had what it takes but now I think I need this if you have it on you, please! [face_batting]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    With all those cats playing roles in the stories it's the 'year of the cat'
    And that's a song too by Al Stewart

16. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    @devilinthedetails & @Chyntuck - Thank you! It's nice to be back. :) And yay, Qui-Gon fan club!

@gizkaspice - I just wanted to ensure that this is on your cat playlist, because it's very important:

17. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I must be crazy, but please also sign me up for a SW Pentathlon with Obi-Wan, Satine, Korkie, Jathan (OC) and Yoda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    YESSSSS! I'm guessing that this is going to be a continuation of your Spring Bingo story, and I'm super-excited to see where this AU will go.

@devilinthedetails My Ayesha & Jesse pentathlon decided that it wants to be a decathlon 8-} My muse has gone full Mira and wants to write for all the prompts.

And a question (again!). For the all-dialogue Tennis Match, I'm assuming no dialogue tags are allowed, is that correct?

19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Excellent! I've got you all signed up for that SW Pentathlon featuring Obi-Wan, Satine, Korkie, Jathan (OC) and Yoda now:D

@Chyntuck Yay for your ambitious muse![face_dancing]

I've got your Ayesha and Jesse Pentathlon updated to a Decathlon in the index now!

As for the Tennis Match, yes, it is all dialogue with no dialogue tags allowed because I have to live up to the "devil" part of my username somehow[face_devil]

20. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    You know what? I'm in. Sign me up for the Pentathlon with Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors.

21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    *dips toe in pool* This sounds like fun! I'd like the Non Star Wars Triathlon, please, featuring Marya Parmanova from the Hogan's Heroes fandom. She's the Russian spy who consistently outsmarts Hogan. We're never quite sure of her motives ... [face_devil] Cats may or may not prove involved.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Ooh, excellent! Two more signups![face_party]

@whiskers I've got you in the index for a Star Wars Pentathlon with Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors!

@pronker I've added your Non Star Wars Triathlon with Marya Parmanova from Hogan's Heroes to the index as well!

May the Force be with everyone as the start of the Olympics approaches:yoda:

23. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    *It's already a well established truth that I'm mad, so I'll get straight to the point.*

I would like to sign up for a Star Wars Pentathlon with original characters Amilia and Florian.

24. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to have you joining in on the Olympic fun, @Pandora [face_dancing]

I've got you all signed up for a Star Wars Pentathlon featuring OC's Amilia and Florian now!

On that note, a friendly reminder to everyone that there are approximately six days remaining (depending on where you are on this great globe called Earth;)) to sign up for the Summer Olympics before the event officially kicks off with our Opening Ceremony and Parade of Athletes on June 1st!

Signups for events will remain open throughout the event, but the sooner you sign up, the more time you will have to work on and finish your event as in years past:)

25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Wait... we didn't have to wait until June to start writing?!