main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 2023 Spring Bingo

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Mar 21, 2023.

1. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I have finished writing my second story for the Spring Bingo challenge[face_party]

The Butterfly Effect

It's a Star Wars fic set during the Phase II era of the High Republic (which is like a prequel era for Phase I of the High Republic project that I'm so obsessed with), and I'm super excited to finally write a fic using the Phase II era events and characters, since all my High Republic stories before this have taken place during the Phase I era so it is nice to at last be able to offer a written tribute to the Phase II era that I'm finding really interesting and enjoyable.

The column I used from the Bingo board was: Egg+Colors+Sacrifice+Buds+Butterfly[face_peace]

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, will be why I'll never finish my Kessel Run reviews. I'm going to be too busy reviewing the amazing stories written for this challenge instead!

Got your entries in the index @JediMaster_Jen and @devilinthedetails! @};-

3. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love birds
    Bingo words:
    procession, thaw, love, swallows, equinox

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay, so I reined in my muse and only wrote for one of the rows :p (breeze, swallows, bees, buds, leavening), but inspiration still struck in a huge way and I am very pleased to share the vignette And Dances With the Lilliadils, featuring Jesse in my Song!verse, along with a very special OC. [face_batting] [face_love]

Thanks for hosting such a wonderfully inspiring challenge, @Chyntuck - and for all the further inspiration you provided too. ;) [:D]

6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    W00t! More stories! :D :D :D

Okay, I have everything in the index now. What a wonderful crop of fics, and we aren't even half-way through the challenge [face_love]

Just to let everyone know, I'll be away and mostly offline for the next few days, coming back on Tuesday. Until then, happy writing!

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Fic #3 is up!!
    Words: awakening+procession+bonfire+egg+sowing

Mandalore

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    knighting is the next one in the saga of Jarin Keana
    Words: awakening, migration, red & white yarn, breeze, hymn

9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm back! I indexed your new stories @earlybird-obi-wan @JediMaster_Jen, you can expect reviews from me tomorrow.

And I started posting my own story: The Day of the Founders. To absolutely no one's surprise, it's a longer one that uses the entire bingo board and features my OC Ayesha Eskari, although the real reason I'm writing it is to elaborate on my Kiffar fanon with a lot of input from @Mira_Jade [:D]

Behind the spoiler tag below you can find the bingo board on which I crossed out the words I used for the first chapter: The March of the Lost.
    [​IMG]

10. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Posted the first part of my fic Season of Sharing, which uses all 25 of the Bingo card words. Thank you for hosting, Chyntuck!

11. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
  12. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  14. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Hey everyone! Just a reminder that, as of this morning, there are 7 days to go for this challenge. Bring in those fics!

@JediMaster_Jen and @earlybird-obi-wan I indexed your latest stories.

Earlybird, that was quite the contribution! You're both an Ultimate Bingo Champion and an All Around the Board Bingo Champion =D=

15. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Is it okay if we don't use all the actual words in the story, as long as there's something inspired by them?

16. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @amidalachick Yes, yes, it's fine! Think of the words like drabble prompts, they don't need to appear "as-is" in the story.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    the final story for the Spring Bingo is return to Corellia and it follows the OTP challenge story of mine

18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Wow @earlybird-obi-wan you really went above and beyond for this challenge! I added your last story to the index.

To everyone else (including myself), we have another 24 hours to post any last-minute entries :D

(Also, sorry for not being around so much. I had a baaaaad cold this past week and I'm just a coughing, spitting pile of mucus.)

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I managed to sneak in a last-minute answer to the challenge, this time with a NSW story written for Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. The Hour of Feeling uses all twenty-five prompts, or will use, I should say, by the time I'm done. [face_love]

Thanks so much for hosting such an awesome challenge, @Chyntuck! I now have some mighty fine reading to catch up on, and I can't wait. =D= [:D]

20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    "I reined in my muse," she said. "I won't write for all the prompts," she said [face_laugh]

It's awesome that you were inspired to write a second story, @Mira_Jade! I'm indexing it now.

As for me, I posted the third and final chapter of The Day of the Founders: The Dagger and the Axe, which uses the rest of the words from the Bingo board.

Anyone else? [face_batting] There are still 15 hours to go!

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I hate to be predictable, but well . . . that was rather predictable of me, wasn't it? [face_batting] [face_mischief] :p

22. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    It's great that this challenge has inspired so many contributions! I really love the choices of words. Unfortunately, this is one deadline I'm afraid I'm going to have to watch whoosh past, as things have been so crazy-busy that I haven't had the mental energy to sit down and write for quite some time. I would, however, still love to eventually (not too eventually) write something using one of the rows—so I wondered, @Chyntuck , how you feel about ad-hoc, "inspired by"-type stories that come in after the deadline? By no means feel like you'd have to count them or index them in any way if you feel it would be unfair to do so; I am fine with whatever you decide. @};-

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Chosen One star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    So after three years COVID finally caught up to me and it hasn't been a very fun week. But I was able to spend some time writing. The story I was working on didn't work out and I didn't finish it, but it helped me pass the time and I wouldn't have written at all without the inspiration from these prompts. So, thank you for the lovely prompts and for a lovely challenge! I look forward to reading the rest of the entries. [face_love]

24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    @Findswoman I would absolutely love to see ad-hoc/non-competitive entries for this challenge, and I'll be happy to create an entry for that in the index when the muse strikes! Besides, 'spring' varies greatly from one part of the world to another (I just saw this morning that parts of North America were experiencing snowfall, whereas here we're set to move into the summer) so I think it's only appropriate that the index remains open [:D]

@amidalachick I'm sorry to hear that you had a crummy week :( but I'm sure the next one will be better! Please let us know if you manage to complete your story, as we'd all like to read it. I'm glad that the prompts kept you creative company during this time [:D]

25. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: May 1, 2023