main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2024-25 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Or the appeal of PAC-12 After Dark

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

we ready

(for an ultimate team-focused, mtx-filled madden reskin. but i'll still be there.)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  3. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    It will be fun to play a college football game again regardless if it plays a lot like Madden (I haven't played Maddie in years so the gameplay would still be new to me anyways.

The dynasty mode would be what is really important and how in depth it is and fun to play. Previous college football games had really fun dynasty modes.

I do Front Office Football for pro football.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I’ve been waiting for this since 2014. :D

heels1785 likes this.
  5. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Having to stare at Denard Robinson's mug (note: that means face, not a mug of liquor for you to chug and then grab keys bro) on the 2014 cover just for Fichigan to cheat its ass off for relevance on another cover...yuck.

But I'll also still be there.

Some friends are putting together an Online Dynasty if anyone wants to join! @heels1785 I can preemptively reserve you Tenn, unless you'd like to use Team Builder for Wofford?

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    hell yeah! i can download/create wofford, so chiznuk (the actual tennessean) can grab tennessee, if he wants in.

just don't hold it against me if create-a-wofford is full of 99-rated players who all look like omos.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I am playing NCAA Football 2007 for X Box. It's a great game. You can feel the holes opening up when you run a sweep; it just plays so good.

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    And here is the settlement:

In major change, college athletes set to be paid directly by schools

TL;DR amateurism is finally dead in college sports after being on artificial life support for years.

From the way I'm reading this article, it sounds like a class action lawsuit settlement, so will come with all of the usual red tape that typically comes with class actions, including approval hearings, chances to object, and so on.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    new playoff schedule has dropped:

[​IMG]

first round is the weekend before christmas, which is generally the time when lower-tier bowl games are still being played. national championship is about three weeks later than it has been, which is great for us as fans.

jcgoble3 and Rew like this.
  11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Sat Dec 21 will mean going up against the NFL. Wild.

Interesting to put the natty on MLK Day. It'd make a lot more sense to have it the day before (but again, NFL) and then have the day off after. But also wonder how they handle it.

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The NCAA is inexplicably obsessed with Monday night championship games. The FBS natty has been on Monday night for a very long time, as has the D-I men's basketball natty.

13. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 6

Feb 13, 2001
    The Football championship is definitely the NFL. They know if they go up against PRO playoffs, they lose and lose big.

The Basketball title game is because of the Semi-finals...that is 2 games of premium quality (usually) and high viewership...so they play those on Saturday back to back to assure the largest and longest sustained audience possible. Often, the semifinals have larger audiences than the championship game, both because of the day of the week, but also because of the reduced interest. College basketball is still quite a regional sport (with the exception of a few national brand schools), so with each round, they whittle down the interested audience unless they get those big national teams or a great Cinderella run.

So long as they value that day of rest between games, the semi-final games will always get the preferred slot.

Now I wonder, with the change in player/amateur/student status in flux...would somebody get the stones to try to make these kids play back to back to have the national championship on Sunday night?

Players would protest, Coaches would protest...but I actually think fans would love it...and if that translates to more money... ?[face_dunno]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
  14. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't understand a single thing you just wrote.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  16. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    While true however the NFL likely wouldn't want to go up against a college playoff game either as they would lose viewership as well. While the NFL does have more viewers it also has more casual viewers. There are a lot of football fans who are bigger fans of the college game than they are the NFL. So it's in the best interest of both to stay out of each other's way.

In the end though there is a partnership between the NFL and college football because college is a developmental system that the NFL doesn't have to pay for.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

this looks so good.

Juliet316 and vin like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    just finished my first game of cfb25, and my god was it amazing. a gamecocks 38-28 win over clemson (after trailing 21-3), for my homie @Rew. they've got sandstorm, step to the rear, dancing cocky, everything.

can pick from multiple broadcast teams, clean espn-like presentation, and the most dynamic crowds i've ever seen in a sports game - when i pick sixed klubnik right before halftime, i was running into a sea of garnet-clad fans going absolutely nuts and shaking the stadium well before i hit the end zone.

although they are employed by soulless vampires at ea, you can tell that this game was made by people who really love college football.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I don't think this game is on Nintendo Switch, but if it were, I would love nothing more than to take the Gamecocks from the perennial middle dwellers that they normally are to championship dynasty--starting by giving them an actual offensive line. :p

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I cannot wait to play this game. Also excited they brought back Team Builder so I can create the Vin University Big Gamecocks.

Point Given , Rew and heels1785 like this.
  21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah there is a big difference between having years to make something and having to fit everything into a yearly release schedule. There really isn't much need to have more than one or two Madden releases per system.

vin, jcgoble3 and heels1785 like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s good. So so good. I mean my team is 3-4 at the moment but that’s just because they aren’t starting me yet. :p

PymParticles and PCCViking like this.
  23. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 6

Feb 13, 2001

24. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
  25. PCCViking

PCCViking 7x Hangman winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Will that version of Michigan take a page out of FSU's book and still claim to be worthy of the playoff?

:p

jcgoble3, EHT and christophero30 like this.