main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2024-25 NCAA Football Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    That version of Michigan has a cheat code you can enter to see what play the other team is calling

jcgoble3, LloydChristmas, EHT and 2 others like this.
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This is a hate crime. I'm calling the police.

:_|

3. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Man I stink at this game. I haven't played an NCAA football game since probably '08 or '09 when I was still playing NCAA O6. I was Michigan and lost to Memphis 41-0 Lol. Was still playing it how I remembered playing it in that game. The pressure gets to you a lot quicker now and corners play much tighter coverage (the old games had money plays that you could go to over and over again). Definitely going to have to relearn how to play. In the meantime I think I might just start a dynasty where I mainly just do the recruiting and let the computer sim or play itself (after all simulation sports games have pretty much been what I have played over the last fifteen years where you just focused on building the roster).

Have a front office Football franchise where I am currently in season 2091.

Game seems to be really good though. The presentation and the atmosphere seems to all be there and the gameplay looks fun to even if I suck at it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball/SWC Jedi Commish/SOS Cultural expert star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I mean, it sounds to me like you're playing the game just fine ...

5. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Nothing, and I mean nothing says football in Ireland like Florida St. and Georgia Tech. Happy start to the season.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Starting the season with a 2-pt conversion is wild

2024 here we go

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith SFTC August Co-Winner/Streaker star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 13, 2006
    LOL @ Florida State [face_laugh]

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    WELL THATS EVEN MORE WILD

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Florida State would be the third best team in the state of Georgia. Ouch.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I actually think that was an actual ad for some NCAA game with one of the Florida teams in the 1990s, where it was advertising a big Saturday game and was like "When you're #4 in the country, and #3 in your state, that's just not good enough..."

christophero30 likes this.
  14. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    My dad is a FSU fan. I'll wait a day before calling him. That FSU QB is just not accurate. The D couldn't seem to stop GT. Most of his completions were behind the line of scrimmage. Teams are going to stack the box. Jordan Travis said DJ would change the national narrative at Florida State. He's right. He did.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    Jedimarine and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I wonder who FSU is going to sue now. :p

jcgoble3, christophero30 and EHT like this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I look forward to the excuses this time.

17. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    0-2 against the state of Georgia.

EHT, Rew and SithOverlord101 like this.
  18. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Their next game is against a decent BC team. Lose that game and they will be clamoring for Deion. FSU will probably have at least 3 losses. I don't think they will beat Notre Dame or Clemson, but it's a long season. There are a lot of teams who want to bury FSU.

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    no games this weekend that really interest me

but looking forward to the season and the expanded playoff

don't expect a lot from Syracuse, but they don't have the toughest schedule, so maybe they can manage 7-8 wins, they have new coach so that's always interesting

20. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    FSU was an undefeated Power 5 champion (who in particular beat this piss out of a #5 "ooo SEC team" that ended up #12). Every single person in here who roots for a school would be unconscious if their team was left out (for Ala****ingBama to boot!) under those circumstances, and hell I include Wofford in that.

If you then say "But those circumstances included losing Jordan Travis, they clearly weren't the same"...okay sure, but then getting boatraced by a salty Bulldogs team while also missing a bunch of other starters is pretty meaningless.

I guess I don't understand the FSU hate for all that, unless it's just carryover from the Jameis/Jimbo era...in which case, lol @ FSU please carry on.

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    If Alabama hadn't been in the playoff, then FSU would have been. But by including Alabama, they had to include Texas, which had beaten Bama and that left FSU out in the cold.

22. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I don't care for any Florida based sports team

but the student athletes that achieved a undefeated season for FSU definitely deserved a spot last season

it wasn't a particularly good look for the sport to prioritize ratings over results achieved by the players

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It is more than just FSU being left out though. They have been very vocal about suing/leaving the ACC, and then their response to being left out was for a good portion of their team to sit out. It seemed like a petulant response. They should have made a statement and won their bowl game, but they chose to wave the white flag. FSU is certainly getting no sympathy from ACC fans.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
    Jedimarine and EHT like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    And yesterday they lost to another ACC team… the conference they act like they’re too good for.

christophero30 and PCCViking like this.
  25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    But it's impressive that they have sole possession of 17th. :p

EHT and christophero30 like this.