main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A little perspective

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TheYodaPagoda, Dec 13, 2015.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I remember a long, time ago when ROTJ was about to be released, and those who've followed my posts know that all I knew going into the movie was what I guessed, and what little I saw on TV. Needless to say, we're in the final stretch! Let's journey back to what it was like the week before Return of the Jedi was released! And let's not forget that however things change, the more they remain the same.

Alienware likes this.
  2. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Fascinating

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I wish I didn't watch that. Way too many spoilers.

Mark Hammil basically gave us the main beats of the movie. The forest chase appears to be in the first act because we can see that they're wearing the same camo outfits from the "Vader's on that ship" scene that the showed as being part of the 'first act'.

What's really surprising is
    how quickly they seem to have brought back Han. It was annoying enough that they revealed he's free from the carbonite in the trailer. Now we know to expect it soon.

This also gives final confirmation that Darth Vader is Luke's father given how certain he sounds when he talks to Leia in that night time scene. The trailer at least left that bit unsaid.

I feel like the cliffhanger ending to ESB has just been cancelled out because this clip basically answers all those questions. Would not recommend watching.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  4. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Gotta watch out for those ESB spoilers!
    I'll admit, the video (for the moviegoer that hadn't seen it yet) sure did spoil a lot of the cliffhangers of ESB. I guess the only difference with TFA, is we really don't know what's going on, and why these people are where they are in the various trailers.

5. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Wait... There's going to be a THIRD trilogy? Of course I've known about the prequels, but they're actually going to make EVEN MORE afterwards??

So... Would they be SEQUELS?.. Cause if so, we have to wait an entire OTHER trilogy before those! What if the trio is really old at that point???... Well, I guess all I can say now is that those prequels better be TEN TIMES better than this trilogy!

UGH. 05/25/83 can't come soon enough!

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    They throw around that year 2004 a lot in the video, I imagine kids watching that and thinking "wow, that seems like a lifetime away." I guess they were off by about 10 years (for the sequels,) but in 2004 we already had two more Star Wars movies with the third one filming.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

Now back then, did people NOT know that Harrison Ford was in the film? I thought that would be pretty common knowledge. I mean, he's on the poster for it...unless was the promo poster the one with only a lightsaber held up? I can't remember, I was only 6 at the time and didn't get out much. ;)

8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Right? They talk about it like it's the distant future, and for me, that's practically ancient history. I can't imagine what that discussion would have been like had they known the exact date.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  9. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    The sad thing is that the video has jolted an old memory in this old brain.

I recall that video though I haven't seen in over 30 years.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.