main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Admiral Raddus Discussion Thread (and Fan Club)

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Gigoran Monk, Dec 18, 2016.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Ackbar's line was: "It's a trap!"

Raddus's line would be: "It's an escape!"

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I think his immortal words will be "Rogue One............May the Force Be With You".

3. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    raddus and bail the only two non rogue one rebels to have any cahonies....

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Mothma has a pair too.

Not literally.

5. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    coulda fooled me.

maybe she doesnt want to surrender but she sure gives in to the quitters really easy.

6. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Begrudgingly she accepts the view of most of the Council, as Bail did. But after hearing of Raddus you can bet she rallied the fleet.

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

She was playing politics. When she heard that our hero was attacking, she had a wry grin on her face

8. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    i'll have to look for that next time :)

9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    The Mon Calamaris have given us unique admirals: Raddus, Ackbar and Niathal (who is definitely not the warm and cuddly type, even taking into account her species isn't warm and cuddly. :p )

10. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    To quote the famous Mon Cal

"We shall go on to the end. We shall fight on Scarif, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our planet, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the skies and in the atmosphere, we shall fight in space; we shall never surrender"

Pons, DL44Jo, Sarge and 10 others like this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Big ovaries, ya mean? Yes. It has been said that she was one of the greatest women in the galaxy at that time. I concur.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I think this view is born of people simply having no sense of history - particularly the history of revolutions. George Washington strategically retreated countless times during the American revolution, and if he hadn't, America might still be a collection of British colonies. If as an underdog, you try to fight every single battle, you're likely to lose the war. A lot of the Rebels simply held that position on the Scarif attack. Jyn ended up being right to seize the opportunity, but had it gone wrong, the Rebel fleet would have been decimated.

Lastly, Mothma is a leader of what seems to be a consensus-based decision-making body. It's not that she didn't want to fight. It's that there wasn't full buy in from the Alliance leadership. She had no choice at that point.

But once Jyn (and Raddus) forced her hand, she went all in (and was happy about it).

13. thiagolck

thiagolck Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2016
    And it's not like Jyn really forced her hand. It was a single ship, she could always justify it as some sort of independent group. But as Mon Mothma said herself, war was inevitable at that point.

Of course she isn't as cool as Admiral Raddus, who just ignored the Rebel Council and jumped into the fight immediately, but who is as cool as Raddus?

cerealbox likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    vader was pissed. he could have gone on to kill everyone on that ship.

cerealbox likes this.
  15. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Raddus' fate revealed! Details of a deleted scene have been reported:
    Apparently the scene is set just an hour after R1 & shortly before ANH. Was going to be a stinger after the credits but they've held it back for the blu-ray. There's a shot of Vader's Star Destroyer, then inside he's sitting at a huge table in a massive ominous black room. His butler approaches, sets a large silver tray in front of him, removes the lid & there he is! Admiral Raddus. His head anyway. With a Jogan fruit shoved in his mouth & some nice orange marinade & a side of mash.

16. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    washington knew when to retreat but i dont remember him giving in to polticians to surrender.

i think thats my problem with mothma. she's stlil too much of a politican. not a military leader.

if they sit on their hands and debate (which is basically what brought down the old republic in the first place) they are essentially just waiting for the empire to pick them off anyways.

washington also knew that when things were most dire a surpise attack was needed. thats why he crossed the deleware on christmas night and attacked the hessians while they were busy partying.

17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Raddus is the only Star Wars character to beat the Kobayashi Maru scenario at age 12. Thereafter given his own ship. And soon after, earning the rank of Admiral.

He was 15 years old when he died in Rogue One.

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  18. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016

I thought I saw him munching an apple.

Darthur C. Clarke and cerealbox like this.
  19. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Raddus doesn't wait around for politicians, Raddus kicks ass, takes names and wrecks your squad.

20. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Little-known fact: Admiral Raddus is also a hero to those with social anxiety.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trikuza23 likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Links seem broke.

22. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks - i'll try again with photobucket. Then I shall give up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  23. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    After Scarif, all Mon Cals paint their skin red in honor of the blood sacrifice of Raddus and his crew.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  25. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Think about it. The Tantive IV just made the jump. They could be gone forever in minutes. The only way for Vader to fix the situation is to pursue, and fast. Vader doesn't have time to capture rebels. He'll have left that to his Troopers. The odds are, Raddus either escaped, or was arrested. Stormtroopers defiantly wouldn't execute a valuable target. If you need evidence, they stunned Leia in ANH. Raddus probably sat out most of the war in a secure prison. I would love to see him in the Post-RotJ comics!

DL44Jo and PCCViking like this.