main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index **Adult theme ahead*** The SSR Fan fic index/challenge thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SSRfanficIndex, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSRfanficIndex

SSRfanficIndex Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2008
    Welcome to the SSR Index and challenge thread, in keeping with the official fan fic FAQ:

As defined by the TFN Archive lexicon, slash fiction is "fanfic featuring people of the same gender romantically involved." The JC does not permit such stories, including fiction of other genres that while not technically slash contain some of the elements that make up a slash fic. As they are used in officially released material, allusions and innuendo are permissible so long as they remain ambiguous and are in reference to original characters.

There are a whole slew of fan fics that abide by these rules, over the years some of them have been award winners and nomeniees, and it's time that they are at least gathered together for easy parusal.

Now for the disclaimers:

A) The title of this thread says it all. If you don't like SSR's in Star Wars, this thread is absolutely NOT the place for you.

B) Respecting the rules of our boards, any SSR's must be limited to Fan fic author created OC's ONLY, ergo, Luke/Han/Liea/Obi/Qui ect ect ect (including characters from the published EU) are OFF LIMITS. This is in deference to the 'laws of the land', and are non negotiable.

ETA: This includes the characters in the published novels who are in a same sex relationship. Yes, I know there is a gay mandalorian couple in published canon, but no, we cannot write about them because Philip Wise said so and he pays for this site. (Thanks Trace!)

C) As this is such a sensitive topic, in order to preserve the integrity of this thread, any stories to be listed must be approved by the sock. The sock reserves the right to remove links to stories written in response to challenges that cross the lines laid forth.*

D) Your thread hosts at this time are Darth 'no stranger to contraversy' Breezy and assisted by Mav 'in Torchwood it's canon' Jade, but we'd welcome others who wish to join!

The first challenge will be up shortly - Welcome!!

*The Sock's password has also been PM'd to MamaVader & Trace to allow mod edits as needed.

2. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    BETA READER LIST

This is a list of people who are willing to beta SSR fics. Please PM them directly to see if they are available, if you would like them to beta for you. If you would like to be on the SSR beta reader's list, please PM the sock.

mavjade - Any Era
    moosemousse - Any Era
    DarthBreezy - Any Era
    Alley_Skywalker - Before, Saga

3. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Before the Saga

A Change of Heart-Vignette (Semi-Sequel to 'A Change of Plans')

By LuvEwan
    Sequel piece to A Change of Plans, working as a response to the Mature Themes Rainbow Challenge.

A conversation between Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Knight Ullo Tirr.

Spindrift

Title: Spindrift
    Author: JediNemesis Era: 7000+ years before TPM
    Genre: Angst-ish, introspection-ish, maybe verging on romance.
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: On a mission to an alien world, a young Jedi has to deal with his feelings.

Note: This vignette stands fine alone, but fits into the same miniverse as a number of my other stories. For those interested, this takes place fourteen years before Ice and 20 before Seventy and Seven Shades of Green.

Title: The Secret Diary of a Padawan (completed)
    Author: moosemousse
    Timeframe: A few years before TPM
    Characters: OCs, with mention of canon characters
    Genre: A diary, it will cover lots of genres.
    Keywords: Tapani, OC, diary, journal, padawan, Jedi, academy
    Summary: A padawan makes a bet with another padawan to keep a diary for a year.
    Notes: This is a response to the Dear Diary Challenge 2008, a challenge to keep the diary of a character for a year, I have chosen an OC Padawan in the Tapani Sector.

Title: A New Beginning
    Author(s): moosemousse
    Timeframe: before TPM
    Characters: Jedi OCs
    Genre: Action, fiction
    Keywords: escape, fear, capture
    Summary: Two Jedi who have fallen in love are on the run from their Academy. Will the get away? Will they find new friends or will they only find hostility?
    Notes: This is written to go with The Diary of a Jedi Archivist. It doesn't matter if you don't read that.
    Pseudo sequel to Something Always Goes Wrong, The Waffle House, and Bad Timing

4. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    The Saga

A collection of vignettes can be found Here

Including:

Difference by Luthe

Acceptance of the Heart by obi_ew

The Broken Gear

Author: oqidaun
    Timeframe: Shortly before ANH
    Characters: OCs
    Genre: Drama
    Synopsis: A bureaucrat finds the meaning of life in loss.

Author: oqidaun
    Timeframe: ANH-ESB
    Characters: OCs / Canon Politicos
    Genre: vignette
    Summary: Sometimes lies are easier than truth?

"Thursdays with My Father"

Knights and Eros Bound by DarthBreezy

Part of a series, introduces three OC's of the other sexual persuasion. Award winning fic for "Most Imaginative".

Valley of Dying Stars

by KrystalBlaze
    -----
    Summary: A jaded young reporter finds herself at the center of a mystery involving a dead Jedi and a living one.
    Characters: OCs: Wythe Terin, Syfer Helis, Daravan Duilio
    Timeframe: three years post-RotS
    Genre: drama, mystery
    Disclaimer: the Great One owns it, of course. I just play. The OCs are mine, but all else belongs to the Master. TS Eliot owns the poem.

Notes: this story involved two characters from my full-length, Syfer Helis and Daravan Duilio. This is an AU from that storyline.

Shadows Cast

Shadows Cast
    by KrystalBlaze
    -----

Summary: On the eve of the Clone Wars, a Jedi Knight is sent on a savior mission whose outcome will determine the course of the war.
    Characters: OCs; Syfer Helis, Daravan Duilio
    Timeframe: Clone Wars

Important Author Notes:

a: This story was written over the course of five months and is the first of a trilogy. I have completed this novel and am deep into the writing of the second, so I will not ever be without anything to post.

b: This story is entirely original characters. Although several important canon characters will indeed make an appearance here, this story is OC-centered.

c: I warn you now, this fic deals with a (SSR) relationship.

Luton_Plunder
    Title:
    The User - Episode 1:1
    Timeframe: About 2 years before ANH
    Characters: OC's, Darth Vader
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Summary: CorSec Special Investigations (SIn) encounter an inexplicable murder. Detective Tadgh Maitland must work with his straight-shooting partner, fashion-conscious brother and a space crazy intelligence droid to unravel the mystery before things get worse.

Title: The User 1:2 - Premeditated
    Characters: OC's
    Summary: Special Investigations (SIn) must find a kidnapped girl with the aid of a man who claims to have seen the future. But will his unique brand of help make things easier, or much harder for the detectives?

Title: The User 1:3 - Metalegacies
    Characters: OC's
    Summary: Detective Tadgh Maitland and his brother Taban investigate a remote planet that may conceal secrets from their past. Meanwhile, Detective Jeanice Keyston investigates the resurgence of a xenophobic gang.

5. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Beyond the Saga

A Pair can be found Here

Including:

Entanglements by Thrawn McEwok

and

Raindrops by Lusa_Thul

The 7th Hymn of Tiresias by DarthBreezy

Note from the Author: This is one story of many, but his story features two prominent OC's in a SSR.

The Perfect Couple

Title: The Perfect Couple
    Timeframe: A few years after the Yuuzhan Vong war.
    Characters: OC
    Genre: mush
    Keywords: Mandalorian, Chor-cake, Wassail, ribbon, sparkle, mush
    Summary: An old shopkeeper reminisces about the past.
    Notes: This was written in response to Monday Mush Mania, and so it's supposed to be mush.

Love Story

By DarthBreezy

A/N ? Written primarily for the SSR challenge, this little piece still fits in my ?Breezyverse?, taking place midway between the end of ?And Vega Lights My Way? and its epilogue.

Characters: OCs Kay'leb Canaille, Toa, Aube Canaille

Title: Bounty Booty
    Timeframe: 50ABY
    Characters: Jacinto Quo, unnamed OC
    Genre: Mush
    Keywords: Mush, OC, bounty hunter
    Summary: Jacinto Quo comes to the OC's rescue, but is it welcome?
    Notes: Written for Monday Mush Mania, this fic was beta'd by Jade_eyes.

Title: Winter Fete on Coruscant
    Timeframe: 52ABY
    Characters: Jacinto Quo, unnamed OC
    Genre: Mush
    Keywords: Mush, OC, bounty hunter
    Summary: Jacinto Quo is on Coruscant to collect a mysterious bounty.
    Notes: Written for Monday Mush Mania. The OCs appear in Bounty Booty

Title: Shhh, No Talking
    Timeframe: 30 years before the Legacy comics
    Characters: bounty hunter OCs
    Genre: Humour, mush, action
    Keywords: bounty hunters, mush, action
    Summary: Two bounty hunters find themselves in a tight spot, but can they get out of it one piece?
    Written for Monday Mush Mania.

6. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    First Challange!

Many people think that writing a charater in a SSR is as simple as swaping the pronouns, but as may of us have found to our CostCo sized botle of asperin, it just isn't so! Just like any other character, they have to be people first.

Your challange, if you chose to accept it, is to write a story of any length that features a SSR couple acting as any other couple in a social setting of some kind. Are they accepted? Are they 'hiding'?

Again, the main focus should be the characters as people, and leave the nookie to the bedroom...

The catch? Avoid any stereo-types! No overtly masculine females, no overtly feminine males. Just people.

Trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds....

Once you've compleated the challange, please send a copy to the sock before Posting - just in case it crosses the shadowy line...

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Great idea! I'm sure I'll read some awesome fics through this index! =D=

8. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I think this is a fantastic idea - and much overdue. Well done, ladies. :)

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I agree, a fantastic idea for a thread. [face_dancing] =D= And the challenge idea is great too.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just so you know, for the index we'll take submissions from other people - I know Oqi's story will go in, and I have a a few OC's that will fit right in, but I would like to have a few more fics before I start compiling....

11. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    This is a wonderful idea and the challenge is great. (And did I see mention of Torchwood canon - my current obsession?)

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, you did! That would be my current obsession as well [face_love] ... everything I've typed about this topic as involved Torchwood in some way! 8-} (As well as a quote in my sig! :D )

I'm very excited about this thread... it really is overdue! :D

13. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Note: We are REALLY LOOKING FOR LINKS!

Much to my dismay, many people who, in privet, proudly tout the fact that the actually do have characters of that pursuasion in their stories, or know of some, seem afraid to have them 'labled' or such, and so the PM box is woafully empty.

Needless to say this is incredibly disheartening! I'd like to actually have more than the handful of fics that I'm personally aware of before I actually start listing them as four of five stories by one or two authors does not an index make!

Please PM stories to us for any era - locked or unlocked... we need those works in order to make this a success!

14. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I find this to be a really great thread. I've never written SSR before but I'd love to give it a shot. But I'm guessing it'll really be harder than it looks.
    Is there a deadline to the Challenge, by the way?

15. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    No Deadline persay - but I'd love to see some real activity here -

We'll post some simple examples of passages from fics that illustrate well written SSRs shortly...

16. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Updated with a few fics to get us started!

17. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I PM'd my link to "Thursdays With My Father" to Breezy. I'd be honored to have it indexed here along with "Broken Gear".

Great idea!

18. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Thank you Oqi and LuvEwan for the PMs!

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [image=http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg]

I wrote a fic called The Perfect Couple ages ago for MMM. :)

Edit: I've just reread the rules and I understand the bit about not writing straight character in SSRs, but the bit about gay characters in SSRs has me confused. Does this mean no gay Mando fics with the canon gay Mandos? It's not going against canon and if it wasn't allowed it wouldn't have been in the books, so it must be OK, right?

21. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    Alas - in the conveluted rules that we are working within, we can't work with them (yes, I know - it can get confusing.

To preserve the 'letter of the land', we can ONLY have 'Gay' Fan fiction author Original characters.

It's not something I'm fond of (to put it lightly) BUT there was a time where the 'g' word was expressly forbidden in fan fiction. We hope to slowly erode away at the prejudtices (sorry - my IE doesn't have spell check and this is the browesr I use for the sock)by showing that fan fic authors can work within the confines, and do it well!

Not all SSR fics are smut fests!

The two new fics have been indexed!

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm totally fine with not writing straight characters into SSRs, while Luke/Han might be hot it's just not going to happen, but if they are straight in canon I think we should be able to write about them. I think this thread is a huge step in the right direction, and a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

If anyone wants some help, I'm more than willing to beta fics if people want me to. Uni is nearly over for the summer and I'll have a lot of spare time.

23. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    There is now a SSR beta readers list at the beginning of this thread. So if your looking for someone who is willing to beta an SSR story, you can find someone there! Please PM the individual to see if they are available when using the list!

If you would like to be added to the list, please PM the sock!

24. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    More fics added!!!

25. SSRfanficIndex

May 13, 2008
    For those with older fics, there have been request for many peices to be 'unlocked' - kindly do so if you would and post a reply if you are open to new replies...

*thanks*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.