main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[AFD] HA

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    There is no fun here... There is anger, and pain, and loss... There is no FRAKKING WAY this is not going to cause trouble

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Ditto, I say we all get colors for the month of April - Happy B-Day to everyone! What do you say Mac?

3. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    I gotta do the same thing, looks like the link has changed but the link in the breadcrumb menu isn't updated. Least that's my guess since hitting that link takes me to the same error page as before.

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    --THE HELL!?!? :eek: :mad:

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    let me talk to the other RSAs and GSAs. i dont think a month will go over very well but maybe less.

well at least when we get the VIP working again.

6. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    anger leads to hate. Hate leads to DEATH FROM THE LEFT.

(I was going to say 'above' but I'm down here in the lowlands. ;) )

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    OPPM free for a month to get our post count back? That's the least they can do. [face_plain]

I hate to say it, but I guess this really emphasises the need to create backups. And not just for the JC/FF Admins, but for all of us --for group purchase orders, on our PC hard drives, everything.

About a year ago, my hard drive failed, right before semester's end. I lost all of my work, final projects, everything. Now I try to back it up to an external HDD and onto a thumbdrive or two.

This really sucks. And Hal has always been such a good guy before this. I feel for him, 'cause he's normally been reliable and has dealt with the UK BS pretty well. I guess they need training wheels for GSA's, kinda like how they don't give manager powers to new mods (and RSAs) for the first 3 months, so there's less damage if they frak up. [face_hypnotized]

8. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Nyree, don't chicken out on me. If we don't get some RSAs to stand up to the FF Admins, it'll never happen. And crap like this will continue to get shrugged off.

9. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Do I need to start making some calls? :mad:

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    bob: pm en route. [face_frustrated]

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, don't let this die with an "oh well - poodoo happens"

We have lost more then just posts!

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    as i have said, I will not let this die. i dont care if i get a permaban for flooding admin inboxes.

i just think we should not air our laundry in a public setting like this. if we wanted to do that the Old Folks Home would not be a private forum.

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000

Zoo, we're honestly trying to get it worked out. A lot of things are going on in the OFH as we try to un-frak the situation. Trust me --everyone in the OFH is aware of the situation, and are trying to get it fixed ASAP.

After the dust settles down, then we can calibrate people as necessary, but I do think that they are trying hard to correct the problem.

14. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    %$#@^&*#^@&$*$%$#&$*&#@##&%(&^ what the %^#@ happened here how do we get our stuff back

15. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I checked the "top boards" thing, and we're totally gone (as you probably well know) That Sucks.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    It didn't mess with our personal post counts, strange. Oh, & I'm just 300 or so away from JGoC???

17. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003

PM replied to.

Sorry, man, but I've seen too many bad things happen in FanForce the years I've been in the RSA role. I'm done with letting it slide.

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    we are not letting it slide.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Denver 'actual' come in!

21. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm sorry - I'm just on the verge of an emotional breakdown right now. I'm stuck at work with a 2 inch high screen (can't have the boards open all the way [face_frustrated]) and I'm trying to keep up on what's going on and dealing with all the PMs I'm getting from angry CRs and helping out where I can. Meanwhile we are soooooo behind in work I'm having to work 10 hour days for the next 4 days this week, and I've got meetings left and right- how do they expect me to get any work done when I'm sitting in a pointless meeting?! Not including the meetings I have for activities outside of work (3 -2 hours meetings after work this week). And now pile 8 inches of craptacular snow on top of all that. --So needless to say I'm just a weeee bit stressed out and irritable today.

I'm better now... for part of my lunch break I went out to my car for a while for a little bit of quiet time.

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I call it like I see it. I'm not blaming you, Mac, I'm just saying that this could have been avoided.

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hey Nyree, shouldn't that rant have been posted in the Plasma Venting thread?

Oh, wait.

That's right.

24. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    Might have something that can help... I've gone into my temporary internet files and it looks like I might be able to recover some of the posts from there... at least in so much as I can see them and the subjects.. not like I can restore them to the board from a cached html file, but it might help with the lost info like the mass orders for the red shirts and whatnot.. and I'd not gone into every thread so... I personally can't find em all

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    What about the B-Day thread, can you find any of that?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.