main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ahsoka Episode 1.03 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 28, 2023.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Sep 6, 2023.
  1. 10

16.1%
  2. 9

22.3%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

16.1%
  5. 6

7.1%
  6. 5

5.4%
  7. 4

0.9%
  8. 3

2.7%
  9. 2

1.8%
  10. 1

0.9%
  1. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I know better than to guess how to spell anything from SW. To clarify, Ahsoka is a Togruta not to be confused with our amphibious friends the tortuga, who can live a long time.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So if Huyang is able to effectively wield multiple lightsabers at a time why not use him or other robots in real life combat?

IG-42, Cos Palpatine and Sarge like this.
  3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Have we seen Huyang use actual lightsabers? I don’t remember if he does on the clone wars.

In this episode it was more like flashlights and he was running a training simulation not actually fighting. Putting him in combat would be like using a pitching machine in a baseball game.

We do see droids use weapons that lightsabers don’t instantly chop in half. Most of those are staff weapons with an electric field that stops the lightsaber.

I get the feeling Lightsabers are worth a lot of money in Star Wars. Presumably if someone didn’t care about the cost they could probably arm the staff wielding droids with lightsabers.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Does anyone remember The Clones Wars? Using a droid army now seems verboten. I doubt leaders would want an army of lightsaber wielding droids running around, lol.

5. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    He was in two episodes of CW and did not use lightsabers.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Is it just two? I thought he was in the entire four episode story arc with the young Jedi.

7. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    I really don't like the concept of a droid training Jedis to wield lightsabers. I won't let it ruin the show for me, but yes, not my favorite thing.

Sarge likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    the first training sequence we ever saw showed Luke training with a droid

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Dude was just holding some flashlights.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Huyang is exactly what the GFFA would create in place of this:

[​IMG]

11. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    Yep, I saw that.

Not even close to being the same. That was a device and it was done due to lack of options. Kenobi had to train him fast. If he were trained as a padawan, I'm not certain that's the way it would have been. And I don't have an issue with Sabine being trained by Huyang, it's the thought of him training Jedi for 1000's of years. That is not even close to being the same as that floating remote. You can certainly disagree however.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2023
    Sarge and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “Were you ever in the war, Senator? Or just waiting around to see who came out on top?”

New Republic or Old Republic, we have bureaucratic ‘b…bu…but…’ Senators with their heads in the sand.

Love me some Jacken, and they got an actor with some resemblance to Kanan.

Great episode.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I really am not a fan in regards to how strongly they paint the NR in a negative light. In Mandalorian we have people skirting around the system because the system is so inefficient. And we see the rich people on Coruscant just wholly not care at all about the war or the government. And while in Andor, the pretentious social behavior of people like Mon Mothma was just a mask she used to fit in, but then when she was home or talking to Luthen, her true personality came out. But now in the context of talking with her fellow senators, it seems like she's back to that same obnoxious upper class pretentiousness, while a character like Padme or Leia never engaged in such behavior. Then, unless its been retconned, the NR was largely disarming except for a relatively small security force. And then something "good" like granting the many Imperials amnesty, just keeps getting treated like a mistake where the Republic has in their own stupidity allowed themselves to be surrounded by enemies.

But in reality, I look at something like WWI, where Germany was raked across the coals in the peace treaty, which led to an ultra nationalist backlash in the form of Nazism. And when Germany was defeated in WWII, the allies took a completely different approach. and helped rebuild Western Germany as an ally. That was not a mistake.

I feel like one of these shows needs to show a redeemed Imperial actually serving in a heroic role, to show that it wasn't a mistake.

You have a big inefficient Republic that gets transformed into an Empire due to its inefficiency to respond to a crisis. Then another Republic gets established that is completely unsuited to respond to a crisis, with the Senators asserting that the citizens are not interested in another war. Another war presumably is going to break out with Thrawn. Then you get another Republic that is not suited to respond to the crisis of the First Order, with senators believing Leia to be a radical warmonger.

It's just the same thing over and over again. Stupid but well meaning Republic gets replaced by evil Empire, and not even a different Empire, but two different remnant factions of the original Empire, with the original Emperor even coming back.

Sarge and LedReader like this.
  14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I think there could be a real argument made that the whole space dogfight chase sequence in this episode is one of the best we've had in the Disney era.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He seems to only be one element of their training, though. A sophisticated tool assisting the trainer, Ahsoka.
    Maybe. Though for me, it’s still the Rogue One space battle. The arrival of the Rebel fleet, the X-wings diving through the shields, Raddus, the hammerhead corvette moment, the Death Star appearing and then firing amidst it all, etc. But yeah, this was great.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I get that. I just took it as history repeating itself which it often does, and/or the leaders of the New Republic having no idea how to run a democracy after over 20 years of Imperial rule.

TaradosGon likes this.
  17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    That's a full scale battle, which I'd put in a separate category. This is more in the mode of escape from the Death Star, asteroid field, Kessel Run, etc.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh, yeah, compared to other small skirmishes/ dogfights? It may be the best.

19. Bibliora

May 24, 2023
    He wasn't in the first one, when the younglings get their crystals. He was also in the third one. He is also mentioned in books. I didn't recognize David Tennant's voice in the CW episodes. In Ahsoka, it's hard not to. Sent me off on a Dr. Who marathon.

20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks for refreshing my memory! Yoda is in the first one and then travels back on his own ship.

Dooku holds a serious grudge. He sends Grevious and a droid army to attack Hondo while the Jedi kids are there pretending to be a circus troop inorder to save Ahsoka. Dooku wants Revenge for Hondo capturing him.

Wasnt Hondo going to sell Ashoka? Did we ever find out to who?

21. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    The poster I was responding to said Ahsoka, Sabine and Hera were too different. So I was not saying Jaycen is that old. Think before posting.

He wasn't training her.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2023
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I noticed it on second view my bad.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Agreed, really the future of the ST does hold this show back in some ways.....and prevents it from being better.

Imagine a ST where the NR got damaged but survived and eventually defeated the First Order.

There is nothing wrong with the NR being showed flawed, the issue is we know these flaws lead to its destruction.

Another issue is that the NR has not been in a war since the end of the Empire and TFA. Unless they retcon that, its predictable for the NR to not help Ahsoka out in finding Thrawn, and I doubt even when Thrawn does become a threat in Filonis movie, it will never lead to all out war with the NR. Maybe the NR will help with small forces, but never like the NR vs Thrawn in the old EU. Because of the current canon, the NR is not allowed to have a big victory against the Imperial Remnant before the First Order one-shots them.

The whole future of the Jedi/Luke Academy also hangs over Jedi content in this era. If Lukes Academy was able to continue into the ST, I would have liked to see Grogu stay and become a Jedi under Luke, but the terrible fate that awaits his students causes me to not want to see him become a Jedi.

Jacen is all like "I want to be a Jedi", and I'm thinking "if only you knew....".

Giving the Jedi only a brief period (around 24 years, since Academy went kaboom 6 years prior to TFA) before getting decimated again was such a poor decision. Honestly im hoping Ahsoka does not live to see the Jedi/Republic get wiped out again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  24. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/SFTC Bonanza King star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Per Wookieepedia, Huyang appeared in 3 episodes.

25. IG-42

IG-42 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2022
    To ass some context...Huyang says he is still 75% original parts. Don't you think a padawan
    I guess we disagree on that.