main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ahsoka Episode 1.06 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 18, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Sep 27, 2023.
  1. 10

25.0%
  2. 9

39.1%
  3. 8

17.2%
  4. 7

7.0%
  5. 6

6.3%
  6. 5

2.3%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.6%
  9. 2

1.6%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Wow! I can’t believe [proper noun] managed to [verb] that [object] in such a [adverb] way! Truly a great Star Wars moment!

…on a mildly more speculative note…
    I’m predicting that Ahsoka may miss this episode as a manner of emphasizing the time it takes to reach the Galaxy of Peridea in response to the Eye of Sion cast missing an entire one while she dealt with her defeat.

Cos Palpatine and cwustudent like this.
  2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Here's a real prediction: We open either with a flashback to Thrawn and Ezra arriving in the new galaxy, and seeing how Ezra escaped Thrawn.

Or we see Thrawn searching for Ezra, seeing who Ezra has allied himself with, and the two sides engaging in conflict before people from our familiar GFFA show up to get in the middle of things.

3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I never thought we'd see the day when a blue alien would say 'Release the Kraken' and then we would have the greatest space battle in the history of cinema.

rumblewagon, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    To be honest...things have been going to well...I am starting to get nervous.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I agree with those predicting this will focus more on Sabine and the bad guys. Possibly, Thrawn and Ezra, but I think that's less likely. I'm hoping this episode will give us a better sense of Baylan and Shin - what they're after, how they differ from the Jedi and the Sith etc.

6. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    I'm looking forward to the extended sequence where Ahsoka's purrgil reaches the galaxy's edge and has to queue to buy Ahsoka and Huyang weekend passes, before being charged twenty credits for a can of Fanta and going on a big rant about it.

rumblewagon and Sarge like this.
  7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    So it turns out that Ahsoka was really Thrawn all the time?

What a twist!

8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Whoa. Are they implying that the Empire had been evil all along? That's the greatest plot twist ever! Definitely did not see that coming.

LedReader, rumblewagon and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It may be irrelevant, but Peridea is a genus of moth (in the Notodontidae family). Which almost certainly means that it’s the Mon Mothma homeworld.

Or…

This is relevant to the recent rumor of the planet being inhabited by the “Noti” people. Perhaps they’ve got some moth-like features? Or it’s a play on “like moths to a flame.” Maybe there’s a good reason why the purrgils are drawn there. One that will have some significance in both the show, and more broadly for the future.

10. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    It’s going to be weird when they finally meet Thrawn and for some reason everyone starts talking like Timothy Zahn characters and grimacing and saying “point” while their lips twist

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I can't believe the purrgil suffered a ruptured hyperdrive motivator only ten minutes into the voyage, and the rest of the episode consisted of Ahsoka and Huyang space walking to its butt to plug in the the h.m. from the T-6. Hey, it's working again, and that's what counts.

rumblewagon and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This is the Shin Hati episode, the actress favorite.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    A whole episode devoted to Thrawn predicting the New Republic’s entire military strategy for the next ten years by analyzing a fragment of Chandrilan pottery? Brilliant.

14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Baylan answering everyone’s questions with single word responses for 46 minutes straight was a bold choice.

15. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Good call. This scenario has potential to occur. Because we haven't yet seen what Thrawn and Ezra are up to this season, it makes sense to open the episode with an extended flashback in the new galaxy to fill us in on the backstory, perhaps a montage of what Thrawn and Ezra have been doing, building up some character development and raising the stakes, before the eye of Sion and/or the purrgil pod arrive in the skies at the very end of the episode.

(Edit) More speculation:
    For suspense, maybe the success of Thrawn's plans hinges on which of their friends arrive to 'rescue' them first...and the viewer assumes the eye of sion is going to arrive first because it jumped to hyperspace first, but then the purrgil actually arrive first, because they are faster somehow?

16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’m guessing Sabine and the baddies find Thrawn, and Ahsoka and Huyang find Ezra. Then they all converge in the finale episodes as they try to prevent the villains from returning to the original galaxy.

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I suspect Nightsister natives and will be connected to Morgan Elsbeth and Shin Hati.

18. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/10x Wacky Wed. Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    It was sad to see Ezra’s daily routine consisting of fishing and drinking freshly squeezed green milk.

CptEks, LedReader, cwustudent and 5 others like this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It is the fate of all Jedi who grow old.

rumblewagon likes this.
  20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Ezra not old,:(

21. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Everyone is focusing on the Thrawn/Ezra portions, and they were amazing, but why isn't anyone talking about the tense standoff between General Hera Syndulla and Supreme Fleet Admiral
    Jar Jar
    ????

Happy Sando and Sarge like this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Impeccable

LedReader and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    Woah! I did not expect Ahsoka , Huyang and the PurrgiIs to be stopped by a Greenpeace spaceship protesting against the misuse of sacred animals as hyperspace vectors...
    ...and also the Greenpeace droid convincing Huyang to join the Droid liberation front and therefore ditching Ahsoka alone in space was a nice twist!
    I did not like the big reveal that Thrawn was working with Jar Jar all along and that Jar Jar was the real threat...
    Too sad that pinocchio got stuck into the purrgil mouth though!

rumblewagon, Happy Sando and Sarge like this.
  24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    According to some recent leaks...

Ezra is living on a planet among little crustacean-like people.

Could this mean we'll get a battle between Grand Admiral Thrawn and a certain...Grand Admiral Prawn?

Apparently it's the same word, every time:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2023
  25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Wasn't expecting the Purgils to go to Navarro and a meet up with Greef Karga who's Marshall Din and Din Grogu keep them at checkpoint. Ahsoka finally says she'll train the little green friend.

Bibliora and rumblewagon like this.