main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ahsoka Episode 1.07 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 25, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 4, 2023.
  1. 10

8.4%
  2. 9

17.8%
  3. 8

30.8%
  4. 7

25.2%
  5. 6

4.7%
  6. 5

7.5%
  7. 4

2.8%
  8. 3

0.9%
  9. 2

1.9%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I have watched and rewatched it.

2. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Nice episode although not as good as the previous ones. But oh boy this Ezra guy is too silly a character for my liking. The "the force is my ally" scene, with force karate action was more embarassing than inspiring...

So far my biggest complaint is how Thrawn is treated. The actor and the acting is fine but -as i said about the last episode- we didnt get that wow effect introduction we got in heir of the empire. At least in this episode there's a bit of military strategy involved but if he's shown as competent, he's not the tactical genius we expected. In the old EU Thrawn was so cunning he was almost unbeatable, always two step ahead of everyone. I really hope in the next episode we'll have that. We need to him win and win big. With a smart plan. We need to see the heroes lose hope, because whatever they do, however smart it is, Thrawn has already second guessed their actions...if we get that, fine. If not, those who are not familiar with the chararacter wont understand what the fuss is about

Last edited: Sep 30, 2023
    Blobofat, The Chalk Jedi and Sarge like this.
  3. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    I keep thinking and thinking and thinking...
    ... what If what Baylan hears and is attracted to is the WBW and Anakin, who is now the father, is calling him cause Baylan needs to become the son?
    He is partially dark but well balanced...says Ahsoka cannot defeat him...
    I think it could make sense right? And Ahsoka is of course the daughter...
    It could make sense...

But I am still manifesting the Bendu though!
    And my boy Zeb...let's splurge a bit on CGI fellas!
    :)
    I want time to go faster but at the same time slower because I don't want this to be over
    Agh

4. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I can't believe Ezra quotes, and to some extent epitomizes Yoda from ESB and gets grief for it

Happy Sando, Sarge and rumblewagon like this.
  5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Sometimes you can pull off a homage....other times it falls flat.

6. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Is there a cannon definition of what makes something a kids show verses adult show? If death is the quantifier, then Rebel's is up there, and not all by Chopper. What kid's show has babies being kidnapped for experimentation. Star Wars is about stories anyone can connect to, and what does it matter.

Thrawn's difference is he watches and plots. Of course, in Rebel's he goes up against a group that doesn't really plan. As @ The PiedPiper of Alderaan mentioned, unless Thrawn starts cackling like Palpatine, plotting isn't very exciting. I have a feeling that he's spent years planning his return and I think some NR assets will be blowed up. I prefer Thrawn's chilling approaching to those of muppets gone bad.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    “No, I protected the New Republic by ignoring you”—one of the best lines ever. Hera is amazing.

More later.

And holy ****, 3PO.

Anakin…”his last recording”…”he was a good master”…

…it’s been a long time since I teared up over anything Star Wars.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wasn't fan of this episode.. So Sabines actions are just going to be forgotten? The Ship chase scenes are just pointless at this point.

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Yoda: "For my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is. Your weapons, you will not need them."
    Fans: "Listen to that wisdom. Sweet nectar! Take a mighty whiff of that OT goodness!"
    Ezra: "The Force is my ally. I don't need the lightsaber."
    Fans: "How dare he?! Sacrilege! This is Disney's doing! This is KK's doing! Raaarrrr! Teeth-gnashing!"

Darth Hood, Palp_Faction and Sarge like this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    It's not the quote, it's the execution. The Yoda scene was intense and poetic, here it feels like a joke, like it's supposed to be a fun dumb moment, it's hard to take it seriously.

Like i said the scene is played very differently, it's all about the execution, and i thought this moment felt a bit cringeworthy, like it was played for laugh. The force karate scene could have been cool but there's something about it i found silly...so not a fan of Ezra right now...it's not about the words, it's about the execution. The scene was too goofy for me.

I have no problem with Disney SW and KK by the way.

11. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    In addition to the moments in the episode itself, I was weirdly emotional seeing "...with Anthony Daniels and Hayden Christensen" in the credits, too. There was just something about seeing those two names together, given such prominence as the music soared, that fed my soul.

12. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    9/10. A really fun episode. This, though, was the first of the series for me not to award a 10 to. After the cliffhanger at the end of ep6, I was expecting something a bit special from the nightsisters and their dark magic, which we didn't get. Similarly with the stormtroopers - they were the usual canon fodder and not something different, despite their irregular uniforms.

Shin, Baylan and Thrawn - all superb, as was Sabine and Ahsoka. Ezra - hmmm, I'll warm to him perhaps.

The Anakin holo was great - loved that cameo. I've always loved 3PO too and his appearance was a very welcome addition, though I could have done without the reverence. The music change and people remarking '3PO' when he walked into the room was a little over the top - Just have him walk into the room like any other droid - we didn't need it spelling out to us who he was.

At the end of the ep, not a lot had really happened. Ahsoka had turned up, reunited with Ezra and Baylan went AWOL. Even so, a lot of fun and a very solid 9.

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I feel that Mon's reaction to Threepio is not so much reverence for him as it is curiosity about what Leia is up to.
    There is a bit of reverence going on, not least from the filmmakers (which I could also do without), but at least it's not overdone à la Abrams.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    Darth Tepes likes this.
  14. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    So... I think I need an opinion...
    Not a crazy Ezra/Sabine shipper by any means ( I am pretty neutral on the matter and I am aware these kind of relationships are complicated :) So who knows...) but ... Saw someone point out on YT that Sabine seems to have a Hickey on her neck in the episode so I went back to check and well effectively at about 17: 30 in in the episode, after she emerges from the Noti pod after "getting some rest,, you can clearly see a mark on her neck and it really looks like a love bite...this is kinda funny but seems to me like they wouldn't dare to do it on purpose to imply something...
    Probably a coincidence of Natasha having a mark from one of her stunts and the makeup team not noticing or leaving It not realizing what it could look like?
    Kinda funny though cause if you go back and rewatch the scene with that in mind it I don't know It kinda fits with the way Ezra interacts with her and lets her laugh off all his questions on how she got there with undue patience and understanding...
    By any means I am not saying something is up, I Just found the fact funny...

15. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Ezra + Sabine is definitely not a thing, but funny coincidence all the same.

rumblewagon likes this.
  16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Dont know Ezra still stare at her behind like in Rebels :p

ShayaLothal and rumblewagon like this.
  17. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Someone asked the hosts of SW Explained that same question and they said the same thing, probably a makeup deal.

18. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I would like there to be more romance between characters in SW, whoever they are. Love makes all the fighting endless wars worth something.

Friendship is a form of love too, but on screen, much more boring to represent.

Changing topics to one discussed above -- the problem isn't Ezra, but the poor execution of the action scenes. And some writing issues probably too.

The character has a lot of potential and I'm excited by the rumor that

he will be getting a new lightsaber from Huyang that looks like Kanan's!

Watcherwithin and ShayaLothal like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Han, Chewie, Lando?
    Mando and the ensemble?
    Rebels gang?
    Rex?
    R2 and Threepio?

Not boring, IMHO!

20. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Read more carefully. "Much more boring" than romance. Yes.

In other words, friendship is fun, but not as good.

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    With regards to the romance...completely agree. I have long said I think Kanan's and Hera's relationship should not have been so subtle.

As far as the spoiler...why give him one that looks like it and not the real thing.

22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Romance on film is extremely overrated. Or I should say far too common. Especially straight, monogamous romance. It's a tired cliché; the go-to relationship for unimaginative screenwriters.
    Give me different kinds of relationship. And do not underestimate the power of a good story about friends. Friendship is ultimately more meaningful.

DannyD likes this.
  23. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Why did you have to traumatize me again with the cute teddy bear being killed?

25. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    One poor Ewok. :(