main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Ahsoka Episode 1.08 (SEASON FINALE!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 2, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 18, 2023.
  1. 10

18.4%
  2. 9

19.1%
  3. 8

13.2%
  4. 7

19.9%
  5. 6

10.3%
  6. 5

5.1%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

2.9%
  9. 2

3.7%
  10. 1

4.4%
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    In terms of you said in the first paragraph, that's what I feared. However, this show got many more audience views than Andor, I believe? Or am I wrong? Anyone know the tabulation of views over Disney+ and all platforms?

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They don’t tend to share that data, I am finding.

PolymerSkywalker likes this.
  3. PolymerSkywalker

PolymerSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2023
    According to the Nielsen numbers so far it’s comparable numbers to Andor and significantly below Mando season 2 numbers. I thought it was quit good and certainly way better than BoB or Obi Wan series. Even way better than Mando 3 I would also say.

4. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    That is correct, but the Nielsen and Samba TV numbers at least let you compare a little.

Anyone know why streamers have been so hesitant to give the data that has been present for linear TV for like 40 years?

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wow, that is surprising. It was much better than Mando Season 3 IMO. Have to assume it's because the series was made for the hardcore fan.

6. PolymerSkywalker

Sep 15, 2023
    I haven’t seen the Mando season 3 viewership, but it fell off a good bit I was told. I would say Mando 2 was the high water mark (pun intended) for Disney Star Wars series viewership.

Book of Boba and Obi Wan were not very good at all to me.

Chris0013 likes this.
  7. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    There is nothing worse than being a fan, and having no control, or input to shows that mean so much to us. I believe there will be a second season of Ahsoka. Too many mysteries and mayhem to address. I'd like to know if the streaming for TCW and Rebels increased. For years I wanted nothing to do with SW until I got D+ for some Marvel series and got talked into watching Mando. Wow, SW lived again for me. But it is TCW and Rebels that really reshaped my thinking of the ST and SW in general. And I get the Easter Eggs now.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It's too early to say anything definitive about Ahsoka's numbers.

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Where is this decline narrative even coming from? My perception is that Ahsoka was largely well-received in the fandom, and enjoyed very strong viewership numbers.
    I think there is a long list of things that are a lot worse than this.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    Sarge likes this.
  10. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Outside the hardcore fandom is where I see Star Wars becoming less and less popular

PolymerSkywalker likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m not sure I see that. This is obviously anecdotal, but everywhere I turn, more people that never watched Star Wars before are now watching Star Wars.

12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    "Buona giornata a te, signor Mullet. Ho iniziato a guardare Star Wars per la prima volta ed è molto bello! " -- vicina

"SÌ! Anch'io ho iniziato a guardare Star Wars, ed è uno degli spettacoli più belli di sempre! " -- compaesano

"Ei, tu! Vuoi venire a casa mia e ricreare scene di Star Wars? Il mio ordine di action figure è appena arrivato da Entertainment Earth! " -- consigliere

"Sono così grato per aver scoperto Star Wars. Penso che Terrence Hill sarebbe perfetto come Maestro Jedi! " -- sacerdote

"Hai letto qualche nuovo rapporto di spionaggio sull'Accolito, Bor? No, non dirmelo... non voglio sentire spoiler! " -- cuoco di panini

13. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Sharing opinions about the popularity of SW sure is fun. Does anyone have any numbers to support its lack of popularity?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  14. Adamoss

Adamoss Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, the thing is save for her appearances in Mando and TBOBF she isn't known by most, but agree she is unknown to most. I'd say Andor is too though.

TCW and Rebels add so much to SW and since their Easter Eggs are so prevalent now it makes you appreciate the live action in new ways.

SateleNovelist11 and Bibliora like this.
  16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka has really good online engagement numbers. What with all the review videos, reaction videos, memes....even the negative stuff.
    “There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.” - Oscar Wilde.

17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I feel like it’s a rich history now that’s pretty accessible.

Maythe14thBeWithYou and Bibliora like this.
  18. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    I have seen a lot of people complaining about their reunion not being " enthusiastic,, enough and Hera's reaction being " flat"...
    I mean it looked pretty straightforward to me:
    For Hera seeing Ezra,alone, with a trooper armor on coming down of that shuttle means of course "Yeah my Ezra is back !"
    but at the same time also :
    1) Asoka & Sabine (and also Huyang ) are nowhere in sight...best case they are stuck in another galaxy with no way to come home...worst case (as far as she knows) they are DEAD
    2) Thrawn is probably back and the Galaxy is kinda doomed
    Quite bittersweet as reunion right ?
    I can understand Hera not popping a bottle of splotchka straight away...

19. Megazord

Megazord Jedi Padawan

Jun 19, 2023
    None of the reunion scenes felt off to me. Like ShayaLothal said, the fact that Ezra appears at all is pretty damn vindicating after being accused of chasing windmills.

20. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    The show has a number of writing problems, and one episode that was directed very poorly, but despite this, it was still very good. Unlike some of the other recent shows, the flaws don't undo the good. Nevertheless, there's no reason the flaws shouldn't be discussed.

21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Which one?

22. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    7, in particular the action scenes.

Sarge likes this.
  23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I was surprised to see how many PT fans aren't fans of TCW. I think it's all such a rich tapestry too between the animation, books, & comics. I'm reading FCPOV: ROTJ and there are so many references mentioned like Zirro the Hutt (talk about a deep cut).

rumblewagon and Lomer2012 like this.
  24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The death of Zirro is one of my all time favorite episodes of Star Wars.

Mamma the Hutt is the best.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This. It’s not a straightforward happy reunion. It’s complicated. Joy, shock, confusion, fear, worry.