main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    HBO is commissioning a series for the Zombie video game The Last of Us.

dolphin likes this.
  3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    We know, we've been talking about it in the games thread for like three years :p

dolphin, BigAl6ft6 and Ramza like this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I realized that I need to have a free space in my weekly TV viewing schedule for just for random Star Trek and X-Files episodes. Lost Art of Forehead Sweat in final season of X-Files to me is the true series finale dangit.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Major move by Warner Brothers. Feature theatrical films will be distributed on both HBO Max and movie theaters on the same day (Matrix 4, WW84, Dune, etc).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    One thing I have discovered among Covid sports and the ****ery that is TV conglomerate negotiations:

In order to watch more than one Hornets game this season in this market at all, we might have to have cable.

The Fox regional sports channels are no longer offered on any streaming service, although YouTube TV, which I use, is still trying to negotiate with them.

NBA TV is offering 5-6 games but they might be blacked out in the local market.

No fans in Spectrum Center at all.

ESPN will broadcast one game this season, because, well, we aren’t the Lakers.

I’m hoping that NBA TV and later the MLB Channel lift the restrictions on local games, since you know, we can’t go to local games.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    what better way to close out this year

Juliet316 , EHT, solojones and 2 others like this.
  8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Since it’s a Lifetime 15 minute commercial “mini-movie” they almost certainly won’t go there, but boy the ways you could work in that corporate mantra of theirs about doing things “the hard way.”

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Teaser for the show that is not Hannibal that we're waiting to get cancelled so that rights can maybe go to Hannibal:

VadersLaMent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

Yeah. Excellent.

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    RIP Cruncyroll.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    They're likely not going anywhere, there are way too many people subscribed to just Crunchyroll (and employees with wages far too low) for them to close the service outright at the moment. Now, merging the branding with Funimation, that might happen.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Star ad on free for DisneyPlus in Canada, Europe-ish and New Zealand in Feb!

I wants my Logan, Deadpool and Alien dangnabit!

I have an FX subscription but if they punt it over to Star on D+ I'd be cool with that. (MobileSyrup points out that Rogers owns FX content right now though. Their FX Now Canada app kinda sucks though, and I still want to be able to watch What we Do in the Shadows)

Disney Plus price going up a buck but I already paid for a year so huzzah!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I will say that I had forgotten about FX on Hulu before today's presentation. And it made me think about how Hulu is ad-supported. So my predictions may not be fully accurate anymore- we will see the mature content integrated into D+ overseas with the Star tile category, but, domestically, Hulu may end up being that destination afterall- but will be more of a competitor with Peacock than the other services since those are the two major AVOD services while all of the others are SVOD. So those two should probably be in their own, separate, conversation away from all the others.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah they have made it clear no R rated stuff will be on Disney+. So that stuff is for Hulu.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Ellen Degeneres has apparently tested positive for COVID.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008

Some day I’ll be able to stream The Simpsons by just opening up an app. Some day...

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some upcoming, lower-budget, scifi fun:

22. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Reviews for CBS's adaptation of The Stand are out, and apparently it skips over the actual outbreak and opens with the characters already in Boulder, which strikes me as a colossal mistake.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Nonsense, everyone knows you can just skip the first third of a Stephen King story and definitely know who everyone is, why you care about them, why the entire population of the United States is like a couple thousand people located in Boulder, CO and Las Vegas, NV, things of this nature.

Edit: Oh god, it's worse than I thought, the whole opening is done later with out of order flashbacks. It's The Witcher all over again.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, to be fair (although not intended when they made it), I think we all kinda know how a deadly pandemic is gonna go. But yah it seems silly to skip over the juicy hook to the story.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    But the problem is it isn’t “here’s how the pandemic goes down,” the entire point is you get to see how the main cast reacts to the disruption in their status quo and there are ambiguities about what’s organizing them and who they’ll side with and if they’ll even survive (some don’t, this adds tension, somewhat critical in a Stephen King work!). The story is told linearly for a reason.

Even if the resultant series ends up completely watchable and is secretly great or whatever it’s at best an unforced error.